+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 123 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Constantine Maroulis

if Constantine goes first and his fans refuse to turn their votes over to Bo, because of all this comparison.
    I wouldn't turn my votes over to anyone, but it certainly would not be Bo anyway. Not because of any comparison, but I honestly don't think Bo is unique. He sounds like Greg Allman, David Clayton Thomas and Hank Williams, Jr. all rolled into one. I thought his rendition of Time In A Bottle was dull and he was off key most of the time. He certainly did not stir me the way the late Jim Croce did when he recorded the song.

Bo does a great job at rocking out, although once again, his act has been done several times over, but singing a love ballad...doesn't work for me.

I almost feel like the Connie vs. Bo syndrome is similar to the Ruben vs. Clay syndrome. But then again, didn't Simon say they wanted to duplicate that anyway.

I'd say, so far, so good.
    And so it goes.

I loveeeeeeeee Constantine. I think he was amazing on Tuesday
    I Love Constantine! Vote For Him*
    ------------ -------------

You get what you vote for Y2Kevbug11's Avatar
    You know what? Screw AI's "rocker" label.

When Constantine did three "rock" songs in the semifinals to play to the niche they had created for him, he sucked. Constantine is just not a rocker I'm afraid. I mean he was in Rent. Come on.

The times he does some more pop-ish stuff...well, he sounds good if not great. And he is fun to watch! American Idol labeling Bo and Constantine "rockers" was perhaps the worst thing they could have done for them. So what is Anwar? A "softee?" And Anthony is a "baladist"?

Constantine singing David Cassidy and the Partridge Family's "I Think I Love You" should put the lid on the coffin for the term "rocker" used in conjunction with the name "constantine." You can't get any more cheesy-pop than that. And, for a change, he sang the song well, which I think shows that he is far more comfortable with pop music. Not that there's anything wrong with that...
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

[QUOTE=Mantenna] I'm glad he's losing the annoying "sexy" moves, too . . . QUOTE]

Yes, they have TOTALLY cheesed me out...

Actually, I was kind of thinking that at the end of the song, with the final yelling of "I think I love you!", it looked like he was trying to find the camera to look deeply into our eyes with that cheesy sultry look to say it to each and every one of his screaming fans!!!

I was definitely entertained, that song has always made me laugh...it is kind of a good song, in a, well, in a Partridge Family kind of way.

I am not really a fan...I think he yells more than sings. I would definitely go and see this guy if he were fronting a bar band...well, if I still went to bars .

He always looks like he's tired, or hung over, pale and kind of like he hasn't showered. Now, Bo, on the other hand does it for me. I am not a fan of long hair, and I think if he chopped his off and did a spiky kind of thing (Bo, not constantine...) he would be a hotty. Oh, should I have posted that in Bo's section?

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Kevbug11
    You know what? Screw AI's "rocker" label.

When Constantine did three "rock" songs in the semifinals to play to the niche they had created for him, he sucked. Constantine is just not a rocker I'm afraid. I mean he was in Rent. Come on.

The times he does some more pop-ish stuff...well, he sounds good if not great. And he is fun to watch! American Idol labeling Bo and Constantine "rockers" was perhaps the worst thing they could have done for them. So what is Anwar? A "softee?" And Anthony is a "baladist"?

if I'm not mistaken, Constantine referred to himself as a rocker (along with Bo) during the cut to the 24finalist...

You get what you vote for Y2Kevbug11's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McMw
    if I'm not mistaken, Constantine referred to himself as a rocker (along with Bo) during the cut to the 24finalist...
    Of course he did. He even sang the three songs in the rock style in the semifinal round.

They played him up to be a rocker. He went with the image that had made him so popular. Truth is, he isn't a rocker.

Upon reviewing the show I decided that I, in fact, liked Constantine's performance second best of the night (right behind Bo's beautiful, sensitive performance). Constantine is just a lot of fun to watch and listen. He is not boring like so many other contestants this year (the pack led with the perfect voiced but so very boring Carrie). I enjoy seeing Constantine in TV, mostly because he really seems to love to entertain people, and I hope he will make a career out of this show, preferably on screen in my opinion. Also, I'd love to see more tongue-in-cheek takes of other "classics" by Constantine.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

FORT Regular
    I agree with you there. While I still prefer hearing his voice, and I admit it, I like the eye candy stuff, this was a really good performance.

But I really believe that in this competition, it's about who the producers think will get them the biggest profits. I don't believe for a second they let America choose the idol. But, the producers just might be going for another Ruben-Clay standoff, as that ended up being very profitable for them. Which would have to be a Bo-Connie thing. Bo seems to already have the "Ruben-factor" sewn up. By that I mean the consistently good vocalist, about whom everyone has only good things to say. Connie is the Clay factor -- either loved or hated. I know, I know, Clay had a much better range, but Connie has the sex appeal. I think they just need to see how big Connie's fanbase becomes.

He looks like a Sweathog from "Welcome Back Kotter." But then again, many thought Vinnie Boberino was sexy as well.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

+ Reply to Thread