+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 123 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Constantine Maroulis

I was just about livid with him last night, but the mp3 sounded much better this morning. I still really hope he plays it straight next week - if there is a next week. Please tell me we are sending home Mikalah tomorrow night.

I officially have my Constantine love kind of on probation. On the other hand, I'm going to have that line "I think I love you, so what am I so afraid of" going through my head for a couple of days now.

I'm beginning to think Carrie and Connie are like absolutely polar opposite contestants, and both lack an essential element that the other has in spades. She is perfect - neat, technically quite wonderful, beautiful tone, spectacular volume and control, and she's absolutely and completely vapid. Dead. Mindless. An absolutely gorgeous robot. He's messy and wild and undisciplined and unpredictable and often badly out of tune and 100% alive, passionate and howling. We've got a porcelain doll and a puppy who isn't housebroken.

Neither one is the American Idol. That's a person who tames the wildebeest of emotion and trains it to do her musical bidding - like Kelly Clarkson. (Bo and Nadia come the closest this year.) But I'll tell you what, I'm not sitting here stratching my head trying to figure out how I feel about the bland porcelain doll.
    I wonder what the Constantine-bashers would say if he turned in a performance like Bo's last night?
    It would probably depend on whether he sang in tune or not, Jocelyn. A lot of people who dislike Connie were honest about how good he was last week.

of all the "rock" songs that has been No1....why would he pick this song???

Not saying it was bad...it was just...WEIRD!!!

Leo
    Premium Member
    For someone who's been advertised as a "rocker" and was the lead singer for a rock band, why have we yet to see a good, solid, rock song from this guy?

FORT Regular
    I think with last night's performance one has to keep in mind it was done for pure entertainment. I don't know how he kept a straight face when he said I Think I Love You deserves a remake, the song rocks.

As I re-watch the performance, I like it more and more. I was disappointed at first that we didn't get to hear his voice from last week. I like him better as a pop-type singer than as a rocker. But last night's performance was much better than his Too Hard to Handle. His voice was strong, and he really was the most entertaining of the night.

His performance last night kind of reminded me of that scene in The Brady Bunch Movie where Davy Jones sang "Girl Look What You've Done to Me" (or whatever it's called) backed by a metal band. I loved it.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

That was such the perfect song choice for Constantine. It was extra-cheesy--I'd go so far as to say Velveetaesque. It was done by a TV band, which really set off his stage-performer roots. He really did do a good job singing it, but the irony of the choice was just rich.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

He really cracked me up singing that song. I have to say I was entertained!

Quote Originally Posted by abrahammy
    We've got a porcelain doll and a puppy who isn't housebroken.
    Good analysis.

Neither one is the American Idol. But I'll tell you what, I'm not sitting here stratching my head trying to figure out how I feel about the bland porcelain doll.
    I agree. Constantine is intriguing. And the guy has guts (and a heavy dose of funny irony) to choose that Partridge song.

I was initially baffled why was he singing that song. Then I realized that he wanted to give it a different take. I say I was entertained too.

FORT Newbie

what is with the song choice is my question !!!

go costantine!
    he's pretty cool.
    however, i don't really understand his song choice. it's like "weird!"
    but it's cool that he was in a band.

+ Reply to Thread