+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 123 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Constantine Maroulis

Also, I think the constant favorable comparison to Constantine has helped Bo. Constantine has become the most hated/loved contestant this year. It's quite possible that some people are loving Bo simply because they hate Constantine.
    No, I think the opposite is probably more likely. I always loved Bo for Bo. Bo is simply the contender to beat, whether you are Constantine or Carrie or Anwar or yougetthepicture. But the bar raised by Bo is coming down harder on Connie than it is on everybody else. I think loyalty to Bo is causing some hyperbole concentrated against Constantine. I was certainly guility of that at first.

FORT Regular
    Actually, we probably both are right. I can see this effect working both ways.

And it's probably too late to stop the comparisons now. The damage has been done. At any rate, as the weeks go by hopefully we will be treated to good performances by both contestants.

Any damage done has been done by the contestants themselves in their performances.

It is not Constantine vs Bo. It is each of them alone against the others remaining. Bo seems to be looking good for a high finish, if not the win. Constantine needs to keep improving, and he can be there too.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

What a sweetheart SweetBabyClay's Avatar
    I feel bad for Constantine because really, he's not competing against 9 other people. He's only competing against Bo. However, as the field dwindles, and the contestants are forced to step out of their comfort zones (I'm looking at YOU Bo), I think Connie will ultimately come out on top. He is by far, the most versatile contestant left in the competition, and I think he played his cards exactly right by not peaking too early in the competition, and leaving room for improvement. He seems to be stepping up his game every week, and he is the ONLY contestant who hasn't already become dreadfully predictable. Combine that with his charisma, looks, and voice (the one we heard on Tuesday) and contrast it with Bo's style that even some of his own fans admit is getting tired and old, and I think Constantine just may come out on top. He needs to keep on doing what he did last week and continue to step it up though. Regardless of the outcome of the show, I think Constantine probably has the brightest future of possibly any AI alum, because he can do music, acting, and even modeling if he wanted to. Like him or loathe him, he IS a great find for the show.
    Life is like a bowl of Vincents- you never know when you're gonna get sca-rewwed.

SweetBabyClay.... WORD
    And so it goes.

I have written over and over that Constantine has "it" and he surely does. However star quality is also more than simple sex appeal, it is a certain intelligence and sense of humor about ones self. Watch Connie folks............... because he has it, the entire package.

I'm beginning to obsess over Constantine. I saved the Elimidate episode with him in it, saying it was for my friends but really it's for me. I surfed to his band's website and looked at everything. I listened to his band's album. I grabbed several pictures. I read this thread. Help me.

Yes Schwartz and when you begin to fully "get him" it only gets worse. This guy is going to lead the way he has crossed over genres like no one else has. His song Glory is spectacular. Then to hear him sing Suicide on the Pray for the Soul of Betty CD is really something. I have been posting on this board for two years and no one has ever gotten my attention like this.

I am so looking forward to watching all of this play out.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleBunny
    ...I also had a question to those of you who call Constantine an "egomaniac" and "arrogant." Do you guys have any reason for calling him those things? I haven't seen him do anything that fits those characteristics.
    His former boss doesn't seem to think he's arrogant at all.

From The Village Voice: http://www.villagevoice.com/nyclife/...,62297,15.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Musto, villagevoice.com, 3-21-05
    And here's another sign of new life: As American Idol's MARIO VAZQUEZ heads back to the bar scene, the show's CONSTANTINE MAROULIS has elegantly risen from it. They just shot an Idol segment at Apocalypse Lounge, the East Village haunt where Constantine used to work. (He served me once, with large doses of swagger and charm.) As Apocalypse's head honcho, FRED ROTHBELL-MISTA, told me, "I was always firing Constantine. He once spotted a woman in the club and asked if he could get her number. I said, 'But she's older, she's married, she has two children, she lives in Florida, and she's my niece!' He said, 'So can I have her number?' But the guy kept getting his job back and went from barback to all-purpose helper, even doing occasional toilet work without bitching. "He's not stuck up at all," said Fred. "He's like a homely guy in a nice-looking guy's body." I can so relate.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Personally, I see a vulnerability in Constantine that I have not seen in anyone this year. It may come accross as arrogance or smugness but as in everything one should look past the surface to the man underneath.
    And so it goes.

+ Reply to Thread