+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Constantine Maroulis

Quote Originally Posted by abrahammy
    Last season there were Three Divas, and they were never pitted against each other as if there was only enough room for one in the lower stages of the game. I think Bo is better than Constantine, too, but I think I've pretty much decided that Connie's competing against nine other people as well - and I prefer him to at least six of them. (At least when he's singing in tune, like he did last week.) And since Bo and Connie really aren't very much alike at all, I don't really see the need to choose just one - at least, not yet.
    I agree. I don't really understand the characterization, myself, as they're nothing alike. I agree with those who say Bo is rather limited in his vocals but that's not really a negative with me as he's so good at what he does. Constantine has more range to his voice and could, I think, sing more genres. And because this is a TV show, and I love looking at Constantine, I'll continue to vote my little fingers off for him every week.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    I just get sick of everybody in the nation drooling over Bo when Bo's songs are always musically easier.
    Bo's songs are just as difficult or more so. He is just so good that he makes it seem easy--the mark of an excellent performer. That's what Simon meant when he said Bo sounded like he had been doing it for 20 years.

Like many contestants, Constantine always looks like he is trying very, very hard when he sings. I adore Nadia and would be happy to see her win, but she also looks like she trying too hard.

Nevertheless, Constantine is a cutie, and I would like to see him hang around a bit longer on the show.

FORT Regular
    Well, I don't know if I can agree that Bo's songs are as difficult (or more so). He's picking some pretty "same notes over and over again" songs so far. I think he wowed the public with "Whipping Post', mainly because apparently an awful lot of listeners had never heard it before. The song itself is powerful, and he has the voice for it. (Although he can't compare to Allman.)

Also, I think the constant favorable comparison to Constantine has helped Bo. Constantine has become the most hated/loved contestant this year. It's quite possible that some people are loving Bo simply because they hate Constantine. Although that could come back to haunt him, if Constantine goes first and his fans refuse to turn their votes over to Bo, because of all this comparison.

Constantine has nothing to do with my respect for Bo's talent, as they are absolutely nothing alike. I wish people would stop comparing them, as there is no comparison. Bo is waaaayyyy better.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

When Constantine performs he is involved in the lyric, in the moment. He makes each song his in this very personal way, he is involved and not doing a rote recitation. This is why he is connecting so strongly to the audience. He has star quality.

Bo has the look of practiced performance. When Simon said that Bo looked like he had been doing it for 20 years, I didn't take that as a true compliment. I think Bo folows in the foot steps of other artists with the same style and voice. When Paula said he was a super star I really think she was reminiscing and not in the moment. I wouldn't go buy Bo's music, I already have it by the orginals.He is a good singer and performer and isn't going to show us anything new. We have already seen what he can do. Still I maintain he is fine for who he is. That isn't a slam, I just really do not see him with star potential.

I am curious why people who are Bo fans are posting on the Constantine topic? I don't read the Bo topic and certainly do post on it. Bo may or may not do well long run in this competition and beyond but he is not someone I would go see perform much less comment on him personally beyond his performance.

Constantine on the other hand is going to do well and will be a box office draw in this and other venues.
    Last edited by Candybar; 03-21-2005 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Candybar
    I am curious why people who are Bo fans are posting on the Constantine topic? I don't read the Bo topic and certainly do post on it. Bo may or may not do well long run in this competition and beyond but he is not someone I would go see perform much less comment on him personally beyond his performance.
    The Constantine thread, as all FORT threads, are open to all who want to discuss him or how he compares to other contestants. FORT threads are not reserved for particular fans; they are discussion threads open to all.

FYI, there are a lot of Bo fans who are also fans of Constantine.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    That would be me. I like most of the contestants this year. I've never understood why some feel they can only like one...All are talented, I just happen to like rock, whether classic, punk, metal or whatever.

The Constantine thread, as all FORT threads, are open to all who want to discuss him or how he compares to other contestants. FORT threads are not reserved for particular fans; they are discussion threads open to all.

Yes, I understand that about the FORT and the moderators are quite good at enforcing the existing protocol which works really well to keep this a safe place.

My question was "why", it seems there are many posts that don't relate to Constantine's performance at all. I don't see how a discussion of a persons aversion to visible sweat showing on a persons shirt is relevant to Constantine's performance. Thus my question, why post it. Why take the time to do that. Do the posters think they will some how change the opinion of Constantine's fans? Are they trying to share something we may have missed? What is their motivation to continue making such posts?

Yes I do know there are people who are fans of both Constantine and Bo. Actual comparison, if they think there is one (obviously I don't) makes sense in the context of the thread.

I hope this clarifies.

Exactly.
    You can post on a thread because you like someone or because you don't.
    As long as your post is about the person that thread is dedicated to.

As far as Constantine is concerned, my feeling is that he will be around for a while, so I hope he can build on last weeks peformance.
    It was the first time since we have be seeing the top 24 that I felt he did himself justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Candybar
    My question was "why", it seems there are many posts that don't relate to Constantine's performance at all. I don't see how a discussion of a persons aversion to visible sweat showing on a persons shirt is relevant to Constantine's performance. Thus my question, why post it. Why take the time to do that. Do the posters think they will some how change the opinion of Constantine's fans?
    Anything about a contestant is relevant.
    Not all discussion is going to be about performance, just as all voting isn't performance based or we'd have seen some contestants leave the competition earlier than others.
    I'm sure whomever people favour, we can all agree that some performances this season have been dire and boot-worthy.
    People vote based on whether they like a performance, fancy the person, liked their outfit, like the song etc.etc. so the threads will always also include similar types of posts, that stands to reason.
    Comments about his pit stains are just as valid as comments about how good looking people think he is in terms of being completely unrelated to his performance.

I personally strongly doubt that posting anything negative about a person will do anything other than make fans more determined to vote for them.
    We've seen that many times in the past, people have commented that they'll vote even harder for "whoever" this week, after a negative comment by another poster, a judge or a media article.
    Again, that mindset speaks to partially something other than purely performance-based voting.

The only way a fan will ever get to read nothing but positive comments is to go to a dedicated fansite.
    Then of course you have to traipse through a ton of "he's so hot' posts too.

+ Reply to Thread