+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Constantine Maroulis

Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    Constantine had one good performance (last night) but Bo is consistently good.
    Bo does well because all his songs are simple. What, a total of about 7 notes in his last song, over and over? Bo's singing is NOT very impressive--he's just fooled a lot of people with his showmanship. Constantine is clearly more versatile.

And like others have said, I hate that the two keep getting "pitted" against each other when they clearly are not two of a kind. As if America could only handle one "rocker" in the competition? No other musical genre is limited like that in AI. Don't make no sense.

I just get sick of everybody in the nation drooling over Bo when Bo's songs are always musically easier.
    Last edited by fireflyer; 03-20-2005 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay
    I think he finally realizes that he'd better distance himself from Bo if there is any hope for him. Bo has the rocker category sewn up, and Con cannot compete. He will get the teen vote, though.
    There IS no 'rocker' category. Don't buy in to the producers' hype.

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    ...that Constantine was in the national tour of "Rent".
    Wow! He's quite versatile... Nice to see a contestant NOT one-dimensional. I think Carrie's and Bo's lack of versatility is going to be their downfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Terena79
    I want Constantine to sing Ballroom Blitz...
    Screeching?
    ...I dont know who recorded the song or when...
    Exactly--that's the kind of noise that decreases an artist's longevity. You're right that it might be an interesting experiment, but I think it'd be disappointing for everyone. People who sound good at that kind of singing don't sound good at all when having to sing normally.
    Last edited by fireflyer; 03-20-2005 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger1rg
    for the life of me, i can't see what anyboy sees in this guy.
    amen

FORT Regular
    I think all the talk about him not bathing, being greasy, lack of voice, etc., is all pretty much unfounded. I can understand not everyone liking him, that's a given in life. But he has a unique voice, which I find very pleasing. I also find the guy extremely likable, and even more so because of all the "bad press" he seems to be getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayaholic
    I'm with you on that one. Those pits got an audible "Oh! Gross!" from me.
    I never noticed sweat stains during his performance. I did see a little wet spot from a still shot of the show. I didn't find it gross. What would happen to my body if I were on stage live in front of millions of people would be gross.

Besides, a lot of people seem to think Constantine is this huge ego maniac. I think the little display of nervousness under his arms is kind of endearing.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

I just watched my Tivo of last weeks performances. I thnk the comparison of Bo and Constantine is an error and no more than a marketing ploy.

Bo certainly knows how to work a stage and is obviously a good performer however given what I have heard so far his voice is limited. Bo is already at his maturity as a performer, what you see is what you are going to get, and if that is what you like that's fine

Costantine however has range, is showing it and is ascending. I think his potential is huge and we will be hearing from him for a long time. Too bad they already shot Lord of the Rings.

I never noticed sweat stains during his performance. I did see a little wet spot from a still shot of the show. I didn't find it gross. What would happen to my body if I were on stage live in front of millions of people would be gross.

Besides, a lot of people seem to think Constantine is this huge ego maniac. I think the little display of nervousness under his arms is kind of endearing.
    I also found the pit stains to be quite disgusting. But, then my husband pointed out that he was performing under hot lights and we'd all be a little sweaty after that.

I find him charismatic and before I saw Bo perform, I thought I liked him better. Now, Bo has really started to grow on me, and I like Bo better. I find that Constantine "makes love" to the camera just a little too much for my comfort. It really gets on my nerves.

Last season there were Three Divas, and they were never pitted against each other as if there was only enough room for one in the lower stages of the game. I think Bo is better than Constantine, too, but I think I've pretty much decided that Connie's competing against nine other people as well - and I prefer him to at least six of them. (At least when he's singing in tune, like he did last week.) And since Bo and Connie really aren't very much alike at all, I don't really see the need to choose just one - at least, not yet.

+ Reply to Thread