+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 123 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Constantine Maroulis

T-o-t-a-l-l-y H-o-t

I love Constantine HES ON FIRE....he brings the show LIFE!!!!!
    He got mah vote from now till the end of the Season!
    LUV LINDSEY
    ~~~AND~~~~~ CARRIE

I would like to expand a little on what I was referring to when I said that Constantine has had training and varied experience.

First, of course talent and hard work are primary requirements, training and experience would never replace those two elements. However raw talent without training or in an environment that denigrates training will soon lose its blossom and not bear fruit.

The performer who "makes it" with no formal training is largely the creation of the media and publicity departments of studios. It is the sort of legend that makes people hopeful that sometime someone will hear them singing in their car and wham o they wil be thrust into stardom. People love those stories, and publicists know it, it lets fans identify with the performer and grows a fan base.

The argument that makes training sound like the avenue of an untalented elite that allows them to avoid all the hard work is nonsense. I know lots of talented people who have lived with three or more roomamtes and drove or lived in total junkers to be able to afford their acting class, singing coach etc. they know the value of training. Actually most people who are in LA in the arts have a sofa that serves as temporary housing for friends as they have the need. Work is hard to get in LA and there is a great community that helps one another.

I want to address one more point here, training is work, hard, time consumng work. The idea that it is not is simply nonsense. Remember the theatre kids and musicians in high school. When you were still waking up in the morning they were at practice. When you were home or hanging out with firends they were still rehearsing.

A person who has no training is at much greater risk of being a one trick pony. I think we all need help in learning how to learn.Training gives talent a necessary foundation.

You can bet that Constantine has worked to the point of physical and emotional exhaustion to get the training and varied experience (Pray for the Soul of Betty, Hedwig, MacB, Rent, among others) he has had. It will make it possible for him to continue to grow and work.

FORT Newbie
    i dont get the constantine bombshel factor... he is not good looking.. he is tall in stature and prob more about his looks than bo... but i think bo can be better looking than constantine

I thought that Constantine's performance this week was his best. Too bad he had to ruin his good week with that off-key solo in the group number.

Quote Originally Posted by Candybar
    You may find that Barbra Streisand and the others you mention actually did have musical training and encouragement. Barbra Streisand was recognized as talented at a young age and auditioned for MGM records at age 9 and cut a demo at 13. She was in the choral program in high school and apprenticed in summer stock. All this and more built together to bring us her gifts. She used the resources she had to develop her gift. She did not wait for someone to overhear her singing in the shower. She got the training she needed to be able to work in the arts.
    That's exactly my point. She did not need graduate school level courses to get her training. We agree.

To bring this back to Constantine, his training is more than conservatory training. He would never have found himself at the conservatory without previous training and encouragement. His training helps him understand how to improve each week. Education teaches one how to learn and Constantine absorbed that lesson.
    His education was probably a plus. Hard to disagree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I thought that Constantine's performance this week was his best. Too bad he had to ruin his good week with that off-key solo in the group number.
    Everyone was off-key except Bo, Nadia and Carrie. Weird.

His solo was only a few words long, and it sounded like he started off off key and finished nicely.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

Im really happy for Constantine!!! He seemed so grateful to get good comments from Simon, more than anyone else (although there werent even that many who did, right?). Hopefully this will be him back on track, however I can see him going off again soon, He's just gotta stick at it!
    Mario Vazquez - Still My American Idol

FORT Regular
    Yes, definitely, please let him stay on track. I think that if he does -- dare I hope? -- he stands a good chance of winning this thing.

Out of all the remaining contestants, I think he would sell the most CD's. He exudes a sex appeal that gets to an awful lot of females, including the CD-buying teen set. And as for the charges that he can't sing in tune, I think they are largely exaggerated. Besides, get him in a recording studio and they'll do wonders.
    Last edited by jocelyns; 03-19-2005 at 06:41 AM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    You've had to have been on track before to get "back on track". I think this gentleman has just found a track and, for all of you fans who think he's "all that", I hope things get better for him! He doesn't move me, but obviously he moves many. ............well, to each his own
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread