+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 123 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Constantine Maroulis

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by cableguy
    I can't believe people are saying this guy has charisma. POSER.
    I don't get the Poser label. He is performing in front of large audiences. Doesn't that require some sort of posing? I think he seems very much at ease on stage.

Quote Originally Posted by jocelyns
    I don't get the Poser label. He is performing in front of large audiences. Doesn't that require some sort of posing? I think he seems very much at ease on stage.

Maybe he should just stand still and point every once in a while. It's worked for many other contestants.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    Everytime I see Constantine now I think of "Smoldering Idol" and I can't help laughing. Never has Simon been more right-on about a contestant's onstage body language.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Just a note in this thread. everyone has a right to their opinion. It's in our site FAQ check it out.
    http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...es#faq_be_nice,

oh and hey, we posted it right in the forum too under forum rules.

When someone posts an opposing opinion you do not need to automatically post a rebuttal with that person's opinion in quotes. Go to a fangirlie site if that is what you feel you need to do. It won't fly here, and you will be banned if you keep it up.

I want Constantine to sing Ballroom Blitz. It would show personality, and I think he'd do a good job with it. I don't know what theme that would fit into, since I dont know who recorded the song or when. I do know it was in Wayne's World, so maybe songs from the movies night?

my boyfriend and i watch constantine and laugh because he SO loves himself. his ego is huge. HOWEVER, we both really like him (ok, my bf likes him; i LOVE him!). most of the lead singers of popular bands have enormous egos. it's part of the game, which is why many bands label their leads as having LSD (lead singer disease).

i thought constantine did a great job on tuesday. one of the top 3 without a doubt. and i agree that he, like bo and nadia, has something extra that a lot of the others are missing despite having good voices.

FORT Fogey
    I think Constantine is adorable. Love the guy. One's preference with an entertainer is like art, totally subjective. I can't carry a tune so anyone who can, sings well to me. I go for the entire package.

I get the feeling he tries to project a sort of over-confidence not only to grab people's attention, but also to hide that he is nervous. I think people are more naturally drawn to someone who is outgoing and fun-loving than to seemingly shy, introverted people. I know if I were onstage in front of millions of people I'd try my best to pretend I wasn't so horribly nervous. (Of course, I have issues with nervousness. I hate people knowing they or the situation has gotten to me.. that may just be because I turn red and shake and sweat uncontrollably... ) People deal with nerves in different ways. I literally run and hide.

Quote Originally Posted by sher
    i thought constantine did a great job on tuesday. one of the top 3 without a doubt. and i agree that he, like bo and nadia, has something extra that a lot of the others are missing despite having good voices.
    Con has a lot of charisma, tempered with a slight sardonic flare. I don't think he has consistently sung well enough to win, but he has helped to make AI pretty interesting this year. I'm glad he'll stick around long enough to keep things intriguing.

He definitely has the "smoldering" thang goin' on. The camera eats him up. He continues to do his eyes-down face-up routine, like he's either a shy bashful lad or hunky dude thinking delightfully wicked thoughts.

He says he feels like he's a nerd trying to do his best. That's probably closest to the truth.

FORT Regular
    Constantine definitely came back Tuesday night. It's a long shot, but if he somehow keeps getting better and better over the next 11 weeks, he could win it. Personally, I think he would sell a lot of CD's. He has the voice for pop music, even though he seems to prefer singing rock.

But whatever happens, I'm glad it looks like he'll make the Top 10 easily, and tour with AI this summer. That is one show I'm making it my business to see.

Oh, God, Constantine in person!

+ Reply to Thread