+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 123 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Constantine Maroulis

You get what you vote for Y2Kevbug11's Avatar
    Agree. I just wish they'd stop calling them rockers. Constantine is not a rocker (and that's obvious after last night) and Bo is getting caught up in this, "I must sing classic rock," track that could hurt him come Disco Night.

Quote Originally Posted by jocelyns
    I don't get the whole Bo thing. He has a nice voice, but he does nothing for me. To each his own, I guess.
    I think Constantine has the "It" factor. Bo is getting "It" based on the better quality vocals and stage persona. But Constantine has passion, charisma. Darn it, he's just plain sexy. It's sort of the same thing that Garth Brooks has that made him such a gargantuan success. Garth didn't have the best vocals out there. But he wrote great songs, delivered them with passion, and you knew he was going to give you 110% if you paid to see him. It's hard to explain it. You have to feel it. I just get that from Constantine whether he's singing or not. I get it from BO but only when he sings. Again, hard to explain. I think he will be a star and have starlettes hanging on his arm for a longtime.
    "The meek shall inherit the Earth. The rest of us are going to the stars."

Peter Diamandis, X Prize Founder

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002
    I agree, ADKLove. I think BOTH of those men are in competition...they both have the same style, and are both about the same in voice quality.

I, so, cannot agree with you about Con and Bo having the same voice quality. They are different in that they don't really compare. In my world, Bo can sing Con under the table.

I was glad to see Con do something different last night, but it was just OK for me. Maybe we'll see more versatility out of Con next week. I think he finally realizes that he'd better distance himself from Bo if there is any
    hope for him. Bo has the rocker category sewn up, and Con cannot compete. He will get the teen vote, though.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I just found out (and forgive me if you've all talked about this) that Constantine was in the national tour of "Rent". Totally surprises me because I can't IMAGINE him in the role of Roger, but I guess I can't judge because I haven't seen him.

Quote Originally Posted by jocelyns
    I don't get the whole Bo thing. He has a nice voice, but he does nothing for me. To each his own, I guess.

I don't get it either. I think Constantine is much better vocally. Bo always seems to be straining, like he's doing a voice. He really doesn't have much range.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

FORT Newbie
    I'm not a Constantine fan per se but he sounded really good last night. I hope he does this well every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Terena79
    I don't get it either. I think Constantine is much better vocally. Bo always seems to be straining, like he's doing a voice. He really doesn't have much range.
    I am so glad to hear people beginning to say this. Constantine is also going ot be far more marketable than Bo. He is intellegent, articulate and has studied. Learning by performing is good but when you pair it with education and diverse experience you get a better artist.

The statement that "Bo knows who he is", is not in my opinion so flattering as some might wish. I really think Constantine has a future beyond singing.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Candybar]I am so glad to hear people beginning to say this. Constantine is also going ot be far more marketable than Bo. He is intellegent, articulate and has studied. Learning by performing is good but when you pair it with education and diverse experience you get a better artist./QUOTE]

Oh Puh-leeze...........So how do you explain Hilary Swank??? High school dropout raised in a trailer park. She is amazing!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I was so glad Constantine sounded great last night. Every note on pitch. It was an excellent performance, and he needed it at this point. I agreed with Randy - it was his best performance of the competition so far.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002
    I'd like to see Constantine sing - "Long Cool Woman In a Black dress"...now that's real 70's stuff.
    Oh yeah, he could tear that song UP!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay
    Bo has the rocker category sewn up, and Con cannot compete. He will get the teen vote, though.
    Yeah, but who buys CD's?
    Last edited by jocelyns; 03-16-2005 at 07:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread