+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 123 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Constantine Maroulis

Quote Originally Posted by bonitabay
    I missed part of last night's show...when did he do the twist??

It was at the very beginning, before the singing began. At the end of last week's show Ryan told them all what the theme would be for this week, and he was giving clues about the 60s and one of the clues was the Twist. Then Ryan asked Bo and Constantine to demonstrate. Connie seemed more than happy to do it and got Bo to do it, too. Connie's twist was much better than Bo's, IMO.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

Constantine showed some chops last night. It was a good song for him but regardless of what he said to begin with I don't think Blood Sweat & Tears were anywhere near Motown. That was too funny. I wonder what he could do with All Right Now by Free? Maybe if next week is the 70's we will see.

I'd like to see Constantine sing - "Long Cool Woman In a Black dress"...now that's real 70's stuff.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002
    ...they both have the same style, and are both about the same in voice quality.
    I gotta disagree with you here. There is no comparison between Bo and Constantine, and I try to stay away from it. They are completely different in style, song choice and talent--Bo is far more talented, despite Constantine's extensive professional training.

I hate the comparison because to compare full-of-Velveeta Constantine to Bo is a Buzzkill, and it has to stop. I need the little buzz I have going to last me through the workday.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

I agree with you Lolls, and although my post was quoted above, it was taken a little out of context - I didn't mean to imply they were close talent-wise.

What I was saying was that they are being lumped (at least prior to last night's show) as The Rockers, and naturally Constantine is going to suffer by comparison. If Bo weren't in the competition, Constantine might have benefitted by being more of a novelty. No way he's going to get close to Bo (in the Top 2) if people vote based on talent.

Constantine had one good performance (last night) but Bo is consistently good. Constantine is more style over substance, and its glaringly obvious with both of them in the competition.

That's what I was trying to get at in my earlier post.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Sorry 'bout that, ADK. I totally get what you are saying now, and I agree with you!
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolls
    I gotta disagree with you here. There is no comparison between Bo and Constantine, and I try to stay away from it. They are completely different in style, song choice and talent--Bo is far more talented, despite Constantine's extensive professional training.

I hate the comparison because to compare full-of-Velveeta Constantine to Bo is a Buzzkill, and it has to stop. I need the little buzz I have going to last me through the workday.
    I wasn't comparing the singer's voices...they are very different. I was stating the similarities in that they are both called 'rockers'. I think it's nice that in this particular AI, that there are 'rocker's among the group for a change.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolls

I don't get the whole Bo thing. He has a nice voice, but he does nothing for me. To each his own, I guess.

You get what you vote for Y2Kevbug11's Avatar
    I wanna know why people think Bo looks good. My aunt pointed it out:

1. He needs conditioner
    2. He has a beer gut

She does love Constantine though. And he was great. But people still rank him below Vonzell, who seriously cannot sing with regards for accidentals. Oh well.

After last night I finally get why people like Constantine so much. I am a Bo fan myself, but I'd love to see both rockers go far.

+ Reply to Thread