+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 123 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 1230
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Constantine Maroulis

  1. #31
    the simple things babymay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,592
    Quote Originally Posted by lobeck

    Do you have any formal singing training?
    Boston Conservatory.

    Do you have any lucky charms?
    My necklace from "Rent" I wear.
    I think that they are hiding the fact that he really really can sing. He went to a school that is second to Julliard and he was cast in Rent.

    Go Constantine!
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

  2. #32
    everyone's a critic... holly71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,517
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    I agree with both of you guys about having something. It's not necessarily the tone of his voice, but when he's performing something lights up and I'm just mesmerized. I hope he stays consistent with his performances and graces my tv screen for quite a while this season.

    Stage presence. The fact that he was in a band prior to this has given him the opportunity to learn how to work a crowd. Plus he's sexy as hell!

    AI isn't just about singining, it's also about appeal & likeability.
    Chemistry, "It factor", stage presence, sex appeal, whatever you want to call it, he has it. Think Jim Morrison (The Doors) or Michael Hutchence (INXS) ~ those guys personified sex. Not that Constantine is in that league, don't misunderstand, but he reminds me of them.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

  3. #33
    FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    hangin' with the girls drinking Cosmos
    Posts
    7,821
    There is just something about him that draws me to him (and no it is not because I think he is cute b/c he's not that good looking) Doesn't have the best voice, but has an "IT" factor that pulls you in.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

  4. #34
    Fort Freak! funnygirl422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,591
    Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    Stage presence. The fact that he was in a band prior to this has given him the opportunity to learn how to work a crowd. Plus he's sexy as hell!
    He was also in Rent.

  5. #35
    everyone's a critic... holly71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,517
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    He was also in Rent.

    yes, but plays/musicals are choreographed for you, & you are playing a scripted character, whereas when you're in a band, it's all on you as yourself (or your stage persona) to work the crowd & make them like you. That's what I meant.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

  6. #36
    Fort Freak! funnygirl422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,591
    Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    yes, but plays/musicals are choreographed for you, & you are playing a scripted character, whereas when you're in a band, it's all on you as yourself (or your stage persona) to work the crowd & make them like you. That's what I meant.
    I guess what I was trying to put across is that he's had "experience" and in order to be in a musical on Broadway like Rent you have to have something. You and I are going to be squabbling over this hunk all season trying to get it "just right".

  7. #37
    the simple things babymay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,592
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    I guess what I was trying to put across is that he's had "experience" and in order to be in a musical on Broadway like Rent you have to have something. You and I are going to be squabbling over this hunk all season trying to get it "just right".
    That is why I think they are "hiding" the fact that he can really sing...they have portrayed him as "the rocker".


    good luck in you impending marriage to the newly single Mr. Pitt
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

  8. #38
    FORT Fan writergirl26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    200
    I've been trying for a while now to figure out who he reminds me of. I finally did. He reminds me in some ways of Scott Stapp (sp), the lead singer of Creed. He's not anywhere near as good-looking and from what I've seen, I don't think he's as good as a singer. But, there is some sort of a resemblence.

  9. #39
    the simple things babymay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,592
    Quote Originally Posted by writergirl26
    I've been trying for a while now to figure out who he reminds me of. I finally did. He reminds me in some ways of Scott Stapp (sp), the lead singer of Creed. He's not anywhere near as good-looking and from what I've seen, I don't think he's as good as a singer. But, there is some sort of a resemblence.
    he reminds me of a long haired Chris Kattan
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

  10. #40
    everyone's a critic... holly71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,517
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    You and I are going to be squabbling over this hunk all season trying to get it "just right".
    ? huh?
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.