+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 123 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171121 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Constantine Maroulis

He was so cheesy, he was so bad. That skreeching was horrible. Just a bad, bad performance.

Dude's gotta go.

Constantine's cool enough

Last night's performance was better on second inspection. I was tickled by the screeching--he was rockin' out, but is that what the AI audience wants? This is the audience that rewarded Clay Aiken's supercharged crooning (beautiful timbre and clarity in his voice) and very mellow RnB stylings from Ruben. Does the audience want a kick-a$$ rocker? I'm not sure. The only semi-rockin' we've had so far in the four seasons of AI has been JPL channeling Elvis, which is about as novelty as novelty acts get without singing about "One Eyed, One Horned Flying Purple People Eaters."

I do agree that Bo kicked Constantine's posterior. Bo had it on man! I could see Bo winning this thing. Idol needs the rockin'.

Last week's song was better--"Kiss from a Rose" is just a great song (even though its lyrics are obscure).

Constantine does need to kick it up a notch, show that he can sing and try to avoid the dreaded "pitchy" word. I believe he can pull off a performance that brings down the house (like Bo did last night and last week), but he's got to do it soon!

I think Constantine is an adquate singer--nothing wrong with last night's performance. It's just that several others were much better than he is. And it doesn't help Constantine that the one other guy who sings his genre happens to be, possibly, the best contestant on the show.

Bo seems real. Constantine seems like he's trying too hard. I felt embarassed for him.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

Resident Anime Robot Griffin11287's Avatar
    I like him. Nowhere near the top really BUT I like him. And I know someone who knows him pretty well, which is interesting...

Edit: I agree that Bo rules him, but I still think he's refreshing and pretty good, and the shrieking, while horrific, showed a type of energy and keep in mind, he was the singer for a metal band before this. It's generally one trait of a good metal artist to be able to scream like that.
    Last edited by Griffin11287; 03-01-2005 at 05:03 PM.

Snaps for John!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybear
    I think he was good. But really it's the entire package that I admire. I've had very few crushes in my life -- but for some reason Constantine has me hooked. I love watching him perform. I don't know if anyone has gone so far as to quote paris and nichole in this forum -- I haven't read all of the posts yet -- but he's one hot b**ch. (Feel free to roll your eyes when reading this -- I would.) He has so much charisma and the camera loves him. I would even go so far as to say Constantine is at Brad Pitt status...HOT, HOT, HOT!!!!!
    I, too, am hooked beyond reason-and rather ashamed of it. In my objective heart of hearts, I know that Bo did fantastically last night. However, I am a fangirl, born and bred, and in my lovestruck, giggly mindframe all I can think of is "Bo must die. Long live Maroulis!"
    But yes, I honestly DID enjoy his performance! Really! He ooooooozes charisma and had so much energy. He is a darling and I'm voting for him *gets ready to be kicked*

i love him and his metal scream. i still love watching him perform. it's not his look or his voice - it's the whole package. he's got something i just enjoy watching.

Quote Originally Posted by idyllphan730
    I, too, am hooked beyond reason-and rather ashamed of it. In my objective heart of hearts, I know that Bo did fantastically last night. However, I am a fangirl, born and bred, and in my lovestruck, giggly mindframe all I can think of is "Bo must die. Long live Maroulis!"
    But yes, I honestly DID enjoy his performance! Really! He ooooooozes charisma and had so much energy. He is a darling and I'm voting for him *gets ready to be kicked*
    Don't be ashamed of it - that's why we watch. Musical taste is very subjective, or all the contestants would sound the same. I think Constantine is extremely sexy and I hope he makes the top 10. I hope Bo does, too. Give me metal/rock over pop any day.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Quote Originally Posted by sher
    i love him and his metal scream. i still love watching him perform. it's not his look or his voice - it's the whole package. he's got something i just enjoy watching.
    And by his "metal" scream you really mean his "gutting a cat and stretching its innards" scream, right?

+ Reply to Thread