+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 123 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Constantine Maroulis

*Sigh* Moment of truth. I voted for him last night, but not based on that performance. It was truly average, and I'm being generous. I thought he did better last week with Kiss From a Rose. He just could not sing on pitch for the chorus last night, and the screaming was contrived. I like a hard edged performance, but only if it can be pulled off. Sadly, I don't think he did well at all.
    I think he's in trouble this week, and if he's safe he's reeeally going to have to step it up to remain in the competition. I replayed his performance this morning and it was even worse than I thought it was last night. C'mon, Mr Eye Candy, get it together!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

FORT Fan
    I like Constantine (I've decided it's that half-smile he has) but I thought he did much better last week with "Kiss from a Rose." If you think he screamed too much last night, I get the impression he screams a lot more with his band. When they showed Ryan Seacrest coming to film Constantine breaking the news to his band about being on AI, Constantine was in the middle of a long drawn-out scream. Although I guess the point people were making here was that screaming doesn't fit well w/ the AI theme, which I agree with.

Still, as I said, I like him and hope he'll be around longer.

Yes, Constantine is pretty, but he's been really disappointing the past two weeks. If he manages to stick around for next week I really, really hope he steps it up.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Talent, Shmalent-- this dude's hot. I hope he makes it till the final 2 so we can watch him more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by realityluver
    That performance should buy him a ticket home. I hope he doesn't have rabid fans who will keep him in. HIs time is up.
    It is really his time to go. His past two performances have been below average. If he makes the top 12 I am going to be really disappointed.

I jumped off the Constantine wagon last night. I was embarassed for him. He wasn't having fun, he was having a tantrum (or so it appeared). I think he's mocking AI and trying to see how much he can get away with.

I liked his performance.. I like metal, and I love metal screams.. It's just not right for this show.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

I think he's so CHEESY.

i've heard better covers than this

I think Simon was spot on when he observed that you could see that performance in any bar any night anywhere in the country. He's a good singer, but I think he pales in comparison to some of the other past and current AIs. The thing that really kills him is that there is another guy on the show that has a similar "rocker" style (Bo, of course), but who does it much, much better and believably.

Nice kid, but he's out of his league, IMHO.

+ Reply to Thread