+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 123 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Constantine Maroulis

Ha! Well, thanks to TIVO and DirecTV (yay, I have New York stations even though I'm no where near there) I will be able to view Constantine on Elimidate. That ought to be funny, it sounds funny, anyway!

I started out liking him in the auditions...but as it went on, I didn't so much. We'll see what else he has to offer when he sings tonight.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Quote Originally Posted by HueyDueyLuey961
    The fact he came on the show just to promote his band...that is absolutely appalling.
    I have no problem with him coming on AI to promote the band. Good for him. I do have a problem, tho, with him going on Elimidate. That is the one of the lewdest, cheesiest shows on TV. Can't wait to see him on it.

Quote Originally Posted by HueyDueyLuey961
    The fact he came on the show just to promote his band...that is absolutely appalling.
    His band or himself... aren't they all promoting themselves in the show? That is what this show is all about for the contestants (every single one of them, none came to the show for charity, although some try to evoke feelings of pity and compassion in the viewers), it is yet another way trying to make their name known to the public. If they are really lucky they win a one million dollar contract for sure, if not so lucky, at least they got to promote themselves, and they still might get a contract.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    I have no problem with him coming on AI to promote the band. Good for him. I do have a problem, tho, with him going on Elimidate. That is the one of the lewdest, cheesiest shows on TV. Can't wait to see him on it.
    Oh my....you can go to the Elimidate website and see a clip of that show. UGHHHHH I think I might have to pass on watching that show Wednesday date after all. LOL! I think I totally couldn't stomach an entire SHOW of that! I just cancelled my TIVO-ing of it, after seeing the clip.

(Go BO!)

Diggin' the Constantine

I'm am totally ready for a rocked out finale. Idol needs Constantine (and Bo and/or Nadia). The show usually pimps RnB, Divas, or Big Voiced crooners (that covers Ruben, Kelly, Fantasia, and Clay).

I have been listening to an mp3 of "Kiss from a Rose" (Constantine's version), and it's good, infectious. I look for it to come on in the playlist and am happy when it does.

Totally disagree with people who say Constantine's voice is mediocre. Heck, most of the people on radio today, getting airplay for their songs, are not vocal gods or goddesses. BUT, I like his voice. There's some reality to it, unlike that Michael Jackson clone Mario (gag!). The show is pimping that dude hard--and guys like Travis are technically ok but they are clones.

Bo is good. I hope the rockers pick good songs. The one lesson from Clay and Ruben's season was that those guys did excellent, blew people away, almost every night they performed. There's no room for lameness.
    Last edited by plainavy; 02-28-2005 at 06:03 PM.

HAHA! The elimidate clip cracks me up.
    http://elimidate.warnerbros.com/

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    LOL

Constantine - Kept Pants On

too funny

So, can anyone honestly say they thought he was good tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by soybean
    No, I sure can't. Although I bet someone does.

Quote Originally Posted by soybean
    I'm sure it will be said, but not by me. He stank.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread