+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Constantine Maroulis

I think Constantine will be very successful. He, along with Bo & Carrie are the ones I picked for stardom from the beginning. Good luck to him.

Thanks for the Constantine interview, ADK.

Ha, I was just coming in to post about the Killer Queen CD. Amazon says it will be out August 2nd. I'm stoked that Connie will be doing Bohemian Rhapsody at the concert. That's one of my favorite songs.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

FORT Newbie

Killer Queen Tribute....

I hear tell that the Queen Tribute CD will be delayed by one week, like Aug.9 now...no FEAR, I've already pre-ordered it on Amazon.....Go Get it, and don't forget to go ahead and make comments about WHY you are pre ordering it....Gotta keep our GOD out there! Can't wait for July 16th...Hotlanta wont know what hit it!!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    http://www.scrollingbuckle.com/

For anyone that has seen video that people have posted of Constantine at the Toronto A.I. concert....he was wearing one of these belt buckles. I read on another forum that it was given to him before the concert from people in his PFTSOB fan club. It looked really awesome. I think the message it was flashing was I Toronto (can't exactly remember tho).....

BTW...fireflyer had posted this link on the RockStar: INXS folder so I thought I'd pass it on here (hope fireflyer doesn't mind) http://hollywoodrecords.go.com/killerqueen/
    You can listen to the tracks...I can't wait!!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Constantine Maroulis will star in a "family drama series with music" produced by Kelsey Grammer's production company, the long-haired American Idol contender tells People. Paula Abdul, meanwhile, is on standby to console Maroulis' mom in the event of cancellation.
    http://www.tvguide.com/News/Entertainment/

I read this article the other day but didn't know if I trusted the source. Woot! Good news for Constantine fans and I admit I'm one.

After watching Constantine Maroulis’ hilarious portrayal of Stephano Popodopolous on the American Idol Final, Reality TV Magazine posed the question of if a network sitcom could be around the corner for Constantine. It turns out we weren’t the only ones to notice Constantine’s acting ability, as People Magazine reports that Constantine will star in a series produced by Kelsey Grammer’s production company.

However, the TV series won’t be a sitcom, People Magazine reports that Constantine described the series as “a family drama with music.” No official word yet on when the series will air or on what network.

Constantine Maroulis fans will have plenty to keep them busy though until Constantine’s TV series debuts. Constantine is currently touring with the other American Idol finalists as part of the American Idols Live Tour. Even though Constantine was eliminated from American Idol before making the top five, a recent article in the Boston Globe refers to Constantine Maroulis as the “crowd favorite” on the American Idol tour.

Constantine also sings “Bohemian Rhapsody” on the upcoming Queen tribute album “Killer Queen.” The album is set to be released on August 9, 2005. The Boston Globe also reports that Constantine is working on a solo album for a major label.
    http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blo..._idol_f_1.html
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

This is great news. I like Constantine a lot and wish him the very best.
    And I will be watching that show.

A Constantine Concert for those of you in the NY NJ area. Tickets go on sale this morning 11/3.

http://www.hob.com/tickets/eventdeta...?eventid=35453

Constantine tours with "Betty" again - Interview

Constantine has been on the road again with his band, "Pray For The Soul Of Betty," and getting http://www.sirlinksalot.net/constantinemaroulis.html mixed reviews.

Here are excerpts from one of the recent interview article.

http://www.bradenton.com/mld/dailyne...ilynews_living

Maroulis came in 6th on 'Idol,' but he's a winner now
    By JONATHAN TAKIFF
    takiffj@phillynews.com 215-854-5960

Thankfully, there is also light at the end of the tunnel for those who endure the filter-down (or frog-kissing) process [of American Idol competition]. Proof positive will be onstage Wednesday at TLA, where the talent who I believe stole the show last season will come on strong with his rock band, Pray for the Soul of Betty.

Maroulis was the undeniable vocal champ last year and clearly the most seasoned, professional performer ever to stare down the lens of the "Idol" camera. But watching him, the thought (and fear) often crossed my mind that he was too hip for the room - too dexterous, daring and unpredictable.

How could the mass viewing audience keep its collective focus on him when Maroulis refused to be typecast, coming on as a salt-of-the-earth rocker one week, a dewy-eyed balladeer the next, and a highfalutin, glammed-up pop-opera singer (bellowing Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody") after that?

"Too much variety. Hmmm, that's an interesting argument to explain how things came out," Maroulis said in a recent phone chat. "What's so great about this show is that everyone has their opinions and theories. It's like when you watch a football game and shout out, 'God, if that coach had only done blah-blah-blah.'

"... I went into it with my eyes open, wanting to be myself. I like all kinds of music and wanted to show what I can do, without thinking about the consequences."

Though he lost the big prize, "I think I won the underdog title," Maroulis continued. "People are still talking about Constantine, which is kind of cool. If I had it to do all over again - and of course, I'd love to - I wouldn't take it any differently."

We were dramatically introduced to Maroulis on "Idol" as the New York-based, Greek-American frontman of Pray for the Soul of Betty - a striver who was risking the collective ire of his rock group by sidestepping into something as conventional and uncool as a TV talent contest.

Only later (and not on the show) did we learn that Maroulis had quite the serious history in the arts, having graduated from the Boston Conservatory in 2002 with a bachelor of arts in musical theater.

After that came a year-plus stint as a principal actor/singer in the touring company of "Rent," which included a "memorable stay in Philly," he recalled. "My brother lived there for a while. And the city has a great arts scene."

At the music, dance and theater school, Maroulis put his voice through rigorous training with a heavy accent on opera singing - as tough as it gets.

On a recent solo tour, though, he exposed mostly his "classic pop vocal" side with material ranging "from Nat 'King' Cole and Sam Cooke to Bruce Springsteen and Chicago stuff, but also slipping in the Doors, a Gavin DeGraw tune and a song from the rock musical 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch.' "

With Pray for the Soul of Betty, we'll get a "totally different character, my aggressive alter-ego, underground rock thing," he assessed. "But we also do some acoustic stuff, some great new original ballads, and cover tunes from Led Zeppelin, Stone Temple Pilots, Bob Marley and Queen. Tell the fans it's going to be awesome."

If the man had to limit himself to singing just one type of music today, what would it be?

"Hmmm, that's tough. Maybe showtunes," Maroulis replied with a laugh. Which made me ponder, has he had any offers to do Broadway? Maybe the lure of joining a long-running hit?

"We're trying to figure that out. Maybe next year. But right now, I've got some huge commitments to fulfill."

Maroulis is talking about a TV sitcom that would star him as a character "much like myself, growing up in Brooklyn, the youngest of three unmarried brothers in a big Greek family with a crazy father and mother."

... Kelsey Grammer approached Maroulis with the idea. Caryn Lucas ... just finished the pilot script, and ABC has first dibs to put it on the air, maybe next fall, said Maroulis.

He's also in the pre-production phase for a debut solo album. "... We've got a label. It's just a question of timing. Ideally, it should come out at the same time as the TV show, to maximize the impact of both."
    Last edited by suncat7; 02-05-2006 at 04:27 AM.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. §;-D

+ Reply to Thread