+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 123 FirstFirst ... 65696979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1230
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Constantine Maroulis

Quote Originally Posted by Blistex
    I can't wait to receive my Pray For The Soul Of Betty CD that I pre-ordered from Amazon online. For any other fan out there, make sure to buy a copy of the CD which goes on sale Tues. May 10th. Let's let him know how much we support his career outside of the AI machine.
    I've pre ordered mine. Since Constantine doesn't get any of the proceeds from the CD it won't make him rich, but it does show my support.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    I've pre ordered mine. Since Constantine doesn't get any of the proceeds from the CD it won't make him rich, but it does show my support.
    Yes, I've also read that he signed away his rights, so I guess he won't get rich off this CD, but high sales will indeed let him know how many fans he has who are chomping at the bit to buy the solo CD we all pray will be in stores in the future! Also, I get the feeling from watching him on AI and every single interview available since he was eliminated that he is a really kind, caring individual who will be thrilled to see his band mates rake in the dough off this recording. I hope Remermaid is right that some sort of 'thank you' package has been legally arranged.

I have heard snippets of the PFTSOB CD and I really think it's not that bad. We may see future CD's from the band as well.

One last note: All I want, personally, at this point is for fans of the remaining contestants to realize how hurt and shocked we were about his departure and to have a little sympathy instead of bragging about how good their chosen one is. Unless they have ever felt the way a whole heck of a lot of us has, they have nothing to offer me - they only make my blood boil. :phhht

to the FoRt, Blistex! It's always good to see another Constantine fan!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Quote Originally Posted by Blistex
    One last note: All I want, personally, at this point is for fans of the remaining contestants to realize how hurt and shocked we were about his departure and to have a little sympathy instead of bragging about how good their chosen one is. Unless they have ever felt the way a whole heck of a lot of us has, they have nothing to offer me - they only make my blood boil. :phhht
    I have sympathy. We've all had a favorite booted off, unless we were fans of each season's winner. Last season I actually cried when one particular person was voted off. This season I got a little chocked up when Constantine went. I wasn't a fan at first, but he grew on me over the weeks. I was predicting him in the final 2, maybe winner. I miss seeing him now too, would rather have him than Vonzell. But there are people who love Vonzell too, so...I shouldn't wish that. The thing is, it's not the end of the road for him, you'll be seeing him, you'll be buying his CDs, etc.

FORT Regular
    I was initially a Constantine fan, but then I had to bail on him when I heard Bo Bice sing The Letter. (Go Rockers!) Anyhoo, I feel for you folks because it definitely wasn't Constantine's time to exit. I almost had a heart attack when Bo was in the bottom two, so I can only begin to imagine what it was like when you heard that Constantine was voted off Idol. My condolences to you.

Helio

Quote Originally Posted by dpiranha
    No, this is a silly theory, and since no one else seems to want to say it, I guess I will. A computer error? That is completely laughable, and Cake's assembling the list of Bottom 3's, though diligent work, doesn't even suggest that, let alone prove it.

Season after season we have at least two or three shocking vote results. Fantasia was in the Bottom Two last season. Ruben was Bottom Three at least once, maybe twice. Meanwhile, every season a raft of weaker-singing contestants last longer than many people think they should. Yet, every time a Tamyra or Latoya or Constantine make a surprise exit, we're subjected to their most rabid fans, still in the 'denial' stage of grief, dreaming up outlandish conspiracy theories that even Oliver Stone wouldn't touch. Come on folks, it's been four years already! The voting patterns of AI are soundly established by now:
    • If you bring down the house, you're safe (but you may be very vulnerable the following week if you don't follow up; Jessica learned this in AI4, and Amy Adams is the all-time poster girl for it.)
    • If you have a terrible week and you have a fan base, you're safe, they'll pull out all the stops to save you.
    • If Simon rips you rudely, you're probably safe on the backlash vote. Same if you're taking a beating in the media, at least for a little while.
    • And if you're a good singer who has an off-week or makes a poor song selection, you're very, very vulnerable, because your fan base won't sense the danger and vote like maniacs, while your less-devoted fans are voting for someone else that week or watching House or taking out the trash. Which is exactly what happened to Constantine.

A computer error? Please.
    19E rigged the vote in anger because of the Betty signing? The vote is independently audited as per law, and the lawsuit if anything like that were to occur is such that the next place you'd see Randy, Paula, and Simon is in adjoining cardboard boxes underneath an I-5 on-ramp.
    Vote For The Worst? That is, no pun intended, the worst theory of all. The site didn't exist in AI1 or AI2, and in AI3 virtually nobody knew of it, yet we had the same established voting patterns. Twice a year, around #7 and #4, a favorite gets sent home. So now VFTW shows up in AI4, and it doesn't change the voting patterns one iota, yet because some needs-a-life kid claims his site is the reason, people believe him? Yowch. PT Barnum was right -- there really is a sucker born every minute.

Given the fact that his band signed a record deal that same week (but with a minor label that can't possibly offer anything close to what Constantine and his mates would have had if he'd won AI), I'll concede it's just barely conceivable that Connie asked to withdraw from the competition. I'd make the odds at least 20-1 against, but it's not impossible.

The most likely theory is that Constantine turned in a rare poor performance (which he did) but it wasn't bad enough to raise the sirens among his most fervent fans (which it obviously didn't), and, unluckily for him, of his two weakest competitors, Anthony happened to sing very well, and while Scott sang horrendously, Simon made a needlessly rude comment that fired up Scott's fan base. Result: Instead of finishing fourth, Connie fell to sixth. Class dismissed.
    Well said!

I think the bottom line is that Constantine just plain lost the old fashioned way. Unfortunate for his fans, but the voting has always been a dangerous thing after an off week.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    to the FoRt, Blistex! It's always good to see another Constantine fan!
    Thanks for the welcome Dinahann!!

Also, thanks for the kind words Helio and Misty!

You know what's so sad? When I think of Tuesday's now I start feeling excited like I did for 8 or 9 weeks, then I realize he is gone. I swear, it's like a bad breakup or the death of a pet. It sucks. (is that allowed here? I'd better go read the FAQ's)

Quote Originally Posted by carsdia
    The album was recorded before Constantine went on the Idol show and he signed over his rights to his band mates before he went on the show. Does this mean that Con does not get any $$ out of the release of this album?
    I just don't understand this business about "signing over his rights." If this album was recorded before the show, why would Constantine have to do that? And what does "signing over his rights" mean exactly? It doesn't make sense.

FORT Regular
    I think the bottom line is that Constantine just plain lost the old fashioned way.
    I know there's no proof and there never will be, but I will never believe that. I also will never believe that AI is on the up and up. I haven't believed that for years -- this present season just clinched it for me.
    Last edited by speedbump; 05-09-2005 at 06:53 PM. Reason: no link provided with article

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Well said!

I think the bottom line is that Constantine just plain lost the old fashioned way. Unfortunate for his fans, but the voting has always been a dangerous thing after an off week.
    I agree totally.

I think Scott's fans felt like they had something to prove every week, and managed to keep him afloat for longer than perhaps was warranted. Constantine's fans probably felt they had nothing to prove and weren't as vigorous in their voting, thinking that he would be safe. Couple that with a not-too-impressive performance in his last week, and he's out the door.

+ Reply to Thread