+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 123 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1230
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Constantine Maroulis

Quote Originally Posted by emily5
    I almost wish Scott made it another week so that the only justification for Constantine going before him was that votefortheworst website. Now I am forced to accept that Scott got more legitimate votes than him. That seems so absurd to me!
    I think Scott hopping from the bottom to the top to the bottom again only proves that something fishy happened the week Constantine left.

But that's all water near a bridge (as Kramer would say). Constantine is doing great. He's appreciative of the past and optimistic about the future. As long as 19Evil doesn't lock him up in the basement, the sky's the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by cake
    I think Scott hopping from the bottom to the top to the bottom again only proves that something fishy happened the week Constantine left.
    I sincerely doubt Scott went *to the top* the week that Constantine left. It's probably safe to say he barely eeked out Connie.

OT.... As much as I hate long hair on guys, I like Connie's hairdo much better in your av, cake. Too bad he didn't attempt to wear it like that during the show. I might not have gotten near the willies that I did from his greasy do.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey
    How exactly does that prove anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Remus Lupin
    How exactly does that prove anything?
    Well maybe "prove" is too strong a word. I'm no scientician, but the numbers, they don't add up.

Here are the weekly bottom group:

Lindsey, Jessica, Mikalah
    Mikalah, Anthony, Nadia
    Jessica, Anwar, Nadia
    Nikko, Scott, Vonzell
    Nadia, Bo, Scott
    Anwar, Anthony, Scott
    Constantine, Anthony, Vonzell
    Scott, Anthony

Scott is in the bottom group on weeks 4,5 6, and 8. Surely his ouster seemed imminent by week 7. On week 7, not only is he not out, but he doesn't even make it into the bottom three. Coincidentally this same week, Constantine, who has never been in the bottom three, is not only in the bottom group, but the lowest vote getter. In my opinion, this makes a great case that Constantine and Scott's votes got switched. A computer error. If you switched their positions that week so that the bottom group was Scott, Anthony and Vonzell, with Scott going, everything makes sense. Anthony makes sense. Vonzell makes sense. Scott getting the boot makes sense. Constantine remaining in the top group makes sense. Especially considering both Anthony and Scott hit the bottom group the following week.

This is further bolstered by the fact that every bootee had previously been called down to the bottom group. With the exception of Constantine. I include Nikko in that because he was previously voted out.

So yeah, I definitely think something fishy happened the week Constantine left.
    Last edited by cake; 05-08-2005 at 02:32 PM.

So yeah, I definitely think something fishy happened the week Constantine left.
    Only thing happened that week was that Constantine really sucked big time with that Nickelback song. He was in my Top3 but that week he was terrible and that's the only thing why he got booted off.

Quote Originally Posted by nemo78
    he was terrible and that's the only thing why he got booted off.
    By that logic Scott should have been in the bottom three then. He sucked too.

Judges comments about Scott:
    Randy: Weakest performance in weeks. Pitchy.
    Paula: Didn't do your voice justice.
    Simon: I'd pack your suitcase.

Other reviews also agreed that Scott's performance was not good.

I'm not denying Constantine gave a bad performance. I don't think it has anything to do with his being voted off. I think he had built up enough good will to withstand one bad week. I wouldn't have even batted an eyelash at him landing in the bottom three. But out altogether? Doesn't make sense to me.

I'm not denying Constantine gave a bad performance. I don't think it has anything to do with his being voted off. I think he had built up enough good will to withstand one bad week. I wouldn't have even batted an eyelash at him landing in the bottom three. But out altogether? Doesn't make sense to me.
    Me either, Cake, although I don't believe there was any sort of conspiracy. I'm just still in mourning because he's gone.
    I love you, you love me, we're a happy family...

No Conspiracies

I never believed any of the conspiracy theories. I do believe fans get complacent with their favorites and don't vote or vote less then they did before. Meanwhile fans of people like Scott know he's very vulnerable and make sure they vote to keep him in and it works...for a while anyway.

The fact that there was buzz about Constantine having a CD coming out probably affected the vote. Maybe fans didn't vote as much because they thought he already had a record deal, so why bother. Then you have Scott fans who heard Simon tell Scott to pack his bags. So Scott ended up with more votes. Since we don't know what the margin was for the votes I wouldn't assume Scott had a huge lead over Connie. It could have been very close along with Anthony and Vonzell.

So I guess if you really like someone then you need to vote for them...and just out of curiosity how many people who were unable to get though called on cell phones? I found when I used a land line I was able to get through more easily than when I used my cell.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed
    So I guess if you really like someone then you need to vote for them...and just out of curiosity how many people who were unable to get though called on cell phones? I found when I used a land line I was able to get through more easily than when I used my cell.
    I must've voted about 50 times because I thought he was vulnerable after the Nickelback performance. I didn't start voting until about 45 minutes after the show ended because it's my experience that it's difficult to get through before then...I got a busy signal sporadically but had no real problems. I voted by land line.
    I love you, you love me, we're a happy family...

I still can't understand Constantine being voted off. The only thing that makes sense is that his fans figured he was safe and either didn't vote or voted for someone else they thought more vulnerable. One bad performance might land him in the bottom 3, but not out altogether.

Another theory I have is that he was making new fans based on his switch from the rocker to the pop/crooner and when he went back to rock, they switched their vote. I have to admit I didn't like him much at first, but thought he was really good with the pop and dramatic stuff. Also, listening back to his last performance, it didn't sound that bad to me.

Ah well...he will land on his feet I'm sure.

+ Reply to Thread