+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 123 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1230
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Constantine Maroulis

I'm glad about Ellen. Did he sing My Funny Valentine? The thing about Kelly's nonreaction was that she was all over Goldie Hawn (who yes, is incredible) but then gave NOTHING to Constantine. It was a little disrespectful I thought because she should at least ACT like she's into their guests a little bit don't you think? It just bugged me a little.

Quote Originally Posted by emily5
    I'm glad about Ellen. Did he sing My Funny Valentine?
    I just saw Ellen, and he did sing "My Funny Valentine," with Michael Orland accompanying. He had one or two slightly quirky notes (either it was a slight pitch thing or not working with the piano note), but overall, I thought he sounded really good.

Ellen was a doll with Connie. Called his ouster "shocking". She pointed out his mom in the audience. Con said he wanted to do "better" for his mom and for everyone. (Aw *sniff*) Ellen said it's not about doing better, she said you just never know what's up with the voting and phone lines. She said "You will definitely go on and we can't wait to hear more from you." So sweet.

He seemed pretty subdued, maybe even a little melancholy. I guess it was taped last week so maybe he was still reeling. After he sang Ellen joined him and was giving the AI plug. Connie did the "call me" gesture with a winky smile, like for old time sakes. Snorfle. AI SUCKS. Aarrggh!!!

As he was getting up to sing he got tangled in his mic pack or something. Michael Orland just kind of tinkled along waiting for Connie to make it over to his mic. Connie is such a consummate professional. He didn't freak out and came in right on time. I notice that he is very comfortable with off beat entries. Anyhoo, my point about the professionalism, and that reminded me of it, was last Wednesday right before his sing out, I was wondering what he was silently mouthing while he watched his "journey" footage. I think he was running through the song. Even in that emotional moment he was all business preparing himself.

I also watched Giuliani DePandi's interview with Connie. She had been all fangirly about him, and I was prepared to root for her to try to get a date with him, but, uh, then I realized she doesn't know his last name. Bwah! She called him Constantine Morales :rolleyes . Like, more than once. Eep. And he was totally flirting with her. Stupid girl. Stupid stupid.

FORT Fogey
    Cake, was she blonde Teasing. I almost have blond hair myself so I'm teasing to anyone out there who's blonde.

This is cool, I didn't know so many people here are fans of Constantine! Well, that's a change

Whether the show was rigged or not, we'll never know, but all I know is I couldn't get through when I voted and everyone I've talked to who tried to vote for him had the worst time getting through. One girl said she voted all 2 hours and got FIVE votes in! I mean, come on, there had to be something that matter with the lines. Some people had similar problems with Anthony. So...yeah.

It turns my stomach to think that we have to listen to 2 songs done by Scott Ugh ugh ugh. Excuse me while I get depressed. 6th place sucks, I think. It's the last week that the contestants do just one song. I could not WAIT to hear Constantine do 2 songs every week. Ugh. I hope everyone boos Scott. Ha. That'll show that jerkoff what everyone really thinks of him. Man, I can't stand Scott.

I'm going to vote for Anthony this week because his bday is Wednesday. How would you like to be booted on your bday? That'd be an awful thing to have happen. And especially knowing you were outlasted by Scott?

I heard that Con's working on a solo record contract, not just one with Betty Yay!!! I'd be ok with him just being with Betty, but I'd like him so much more on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by cake
    Ellen was a doll with Connie. Called his ouster "shocking". She pointed out his mom in the audience. Con said he wanted to do "better" for his mom and for everyone. (Aw *sniff*) Ellen said it's not about doing better, she said you just never know what's up with the voting and phone lines. She said "You will definitely go on and we can't wait to hear more from you." So sweet.

He seemed pretty subdued, maybe even a little melancholy. I guess it was taped last week so maybe he was still reeling. After he sang Ellen joined him and was giving the AI plug. Connie did the "call me" gesture with a winky smile, like for old time sakes. Snorfle. AI SUCKS. Aarrggh!!!

As he was getting up to sing he got tangled in his mic pack or something. Michael Orland just kind of tinkled along waiting for Connie to make it over to his mic. Connie is such a consummate professional. He didn't freak out and came in right on time. I notice that he is very comfortable with off beat entries. Anyhoo, my point about the professionalism, and that reminded me of it, was last Wednesday right before his sing out, I was wondering what he was silently mouthing while he watched his "journey" footage. I think he was running through the song. Even in that emotional moment he was all business preparing himself.

I also watched Giuliani DePandi's interview with Connie. She had been all fangirly about him, and I was prepared to root for her to try to get a date with him, but, uh, then I realized she doesn't know his last name. Bwah! She called him Constantine Morales :rolleyes . Like, more than once. Eep. And he was totally flirting with her. Stupid girl. Stupid stupid.
    I really liked Constantines performances & he grew on me more as the season went on. I'm glad to see him making the rounds on all these shows, but I have one question. The man is almost 30, why is his Mother traveling with him? Is this a requirement of all the contestants?

I would think he is just being nice to mom, and asking if she would like to come with him since he doesn't appear to have a gf to drag around with him (many guests in the talk shows seem to have their significant others with them). Maybe it just shows that Constantine and his mother have a good relationship.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I saw Constantine this morning on Fox News. He looked good as usual and they showed a picture of him from when he was 16 years old. He was at a Sweet 16 party for one of the girls that is now one of the executive producers on Fox News! He said he use to go by the name Dean because that is part of his name and it was easier in the suburbs to go by Dean rather than Constantine. No earth shattering new news...just the same questions tho....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I like seeing his mom in the audience. It's really sweet.

any way the wind blows redmermaid's Avatar
    They say that how a man treats his mother is an indication of how he treats women. How endearing.

I miss Constantine already. AI will be depressing tonight without him. Simon was on the local FOX affiliate this am pimping the show. He basically had only good things to say about the remaining contestants (including Scott).

On the Queen website I found the following statement about Constantine's performance of Bohemian Rhapsody:

**Wed 13 Apr 05**
    BO RAP ON AMERICAN IDOL

I just watched a young 29 year old American Idol contestant named Constantine Maroulis perform Bohemian Rhapsody - and absolutely destroy the place with it. In a competition geared towards 15-25 year olds, he got a standing ovation and Simon Cowell used the word "astounding" to describe the performance, which I'd wholeheartedly agree with.

He did the first verse, and then the "Rock" section up until the end of the song. Completely incredible. It wasn't Kareoke at all, he wasn't cabaret", although his mannerisms were very theatrical, you didn't get a sense that he was necessarily trying to be a "mock Freddie". It was legitimately powerful and it stood up on its own (as far as i'm concerned).

Ian Eckstein

---

Thanks to Richard for Download link

--

Repeats on ITV 2? Friday....

We think they show all of the American Pop Idol programmes back to back on a Friday night (ITV 2 ?) at about 8.30pm so we just might get to see this performance of BoRap.
    http://www.brianmay.com/queen/queenn...ewsapr05a.html

I've ordered the Pray For the Soul of Betty CD. Guess I just can't get enough right now. . Thankfully he does have a CD out, unlike former contestants I've liked that were banished to oblivion after their AI run.
    I love you, you love me, we're a happy family...

+ Reply to Thread