+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 123 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Constantine Maroulis

i don't think he was nearly as pitchy as is being insinuated. i thought he did a good job last night. i don't think he was the best vocally last night, but he was my favorite b/c of his ability to perform.

I find Constantine very interesting. He has great charisma and stage presence, a nice voice (not the greatest, but good), and great credentials. Will he be able to really knock it out of the park? I'm not sure, but it should be fun to watch him and find out.

I can certainly understand why he left the band after seeing that clip, though. That . . . wasn't my favorite thing I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by hazyshadeof
    Hey Mantenna.
    Hi, Hazy! Long time no see!

Quote Originally Posted by TuckernOtis
    He picked a tough song and blew it. It was a gamble but he lost. I like him and think he has momentum enough to carry him but ... Another performance like last night and he'll be sent packing. Cute or not, out a tune won't cut it. Bo just scored a boat-load of points with the same fan base so Constantine better watch his back.
    I agree. I'm not a huge rock fan therefore I don't know the words to a lot of rock songs. comparing C and B -

I understood B's lyrics and was drawn to his smooth voice.
    I could only understand a couple of the words in C's song, therefore it left me feeling....................... ....uhhhhhhhhhhh.............. ............lost and bored.

You can start throwing tomatoes now.
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by RubenIZMyne
    Funnygirl, I would agree with you if Randy was a Rap Artist, however he is not. I didn't find anything funny about it. It was a very stereotypical comment, and it was obvious to me that both Randy and Paula caught it, but blew it off very nicely. I thought Constantine was a much more charismatic person than Bo until that moment. Quite frankly I lost respect for him on that one. OK coming down from the now.
    He didn't say the comment. That idiot Ryan said it and now people hate Constantine for saying a comment he didn't say. It's really unfortunate.

Snapit, maybe it comes from hearing "Kiss from a Rose" 75 times a day back in 94/95 but I had no problems understanding what he said. I didn't personally love it when I watched the show but then listened to a really poor audio clip and thought that he sounded a lot better. I want to hear a good audio clip before making my final judgement, though. For me, he reminds me a lot of Jon Peter Lewis, not by looks or anything, but Jon could totally capivate me and make the show interesting and fun and I think it'd be more of the same with Constantine. Plus, I always liked Jon's songs after listening to them 5 times, anyway(except for stinky Rocket Man).

Maybe I'm crazy but I don't think he is all that charismatic. I thought he made some creepy faces durring his performance.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    My second-favourite. Not the greatest singer - hell, he's not even a great rock singer - but he's definitely got something going on. Call it sex appeal, *it* factor, whatever, but he's somehow very appealing (or maybe it's just the dirty old woman in me ).
    My sentiments exactly. There's something about him. He's not the greatest singer, but he definitely has something going on with him that is intriguing. He's not exactly the cutest either, but he's a hottie...call it the "It" factor...charisma...whatever.. .Constantine's got it!

I hope he goes far, and he's my second favorite after Mario.

This guy is so hot I hope he stays..

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by soybean
    Maybe I'm crazy but I don't think he is all that charismatic. I thought he made some creepy faces durring his performance.
    Would you care to elaborate on that one?

There are better singers in the competition but he is tall and handsom and the smile at the end of his performance was just fabulous.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RubenIZMyne
    Funnygirl, I would agree with you if Randy was a Rap Artist, however he is not. I didn't find anything funny about it. It was a very stereotypical comment, and it was obvious to me that both Randy and Paula caught it, but blew it off very nicely. I thought Constantine was a much more charismatic person than Bo until that moment. Quite frankly I lost respect for him on that one. OK coming down from the now.

I thought I was the only one who caught this. This comment kind of turned me off him. I know contestants do this all the time, but it is getting kind of old since they ARE on a show that they will have to be criticized. Maybe next week, he'll change my mind with a stellar performance.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Zorbo
    Would you care to elaborate on that one?

There are better singers in the competition but he is tall and handsom and the smile at the end of his performance was just fabulous.
    He looked like he was trying to look evil and seductive at the same time

+ Reply to Thread