+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    I forgot to add that apparantely Dateline NBC had a camera crew following Carrie when she had her coming out & first appearance at the Grand Ole Opry last weekend in Nashville. The segment on Carrie is supposed to air this Sunday Night 7pm. est 6pm. central.

Hey razorbacker, could you briefly tell me more info about the show...Like what is it about and how long etc...Thanks
    Well, I was thinking when he said, "king of the jungle," I was, like, "Well, during the first challenge you would still be lost in the jungle if Jim and I hadn't, like, led you out. - Brooke Struck on Judd

Love is like the wind...You can't see it, but you can feel it

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki_Brandon
    Hey razorbacker, could you briefly tell me more info about the show...Like what is it about and how long etc...Thanks
    I really have no idea. The show itself is 2hrs. but I'm sure the segment on Carrie will be buried in there somewhere & probably last 15 minutes or so. Carrie was in Nashville last week for the Country Music Festival. She was a part of the 100 greatest duets where she sang Does He Love You with Jamie O'Neal & according to this article

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?
    AID=/20050609/ENTERTAINMENT0105/506090394

She brought the house down. She also did a duet of April Fools with Phil Vassar & then a solo of Inside Your Heaven.

http://www.philvassar.com/3/modules....rder=0&thold=0

This was all before her debut at the Grand Ole Opry where she performed both Crying & IYH & was brought back on stage by Whispering Bill Anderson to great applause.

Evidently the cameras were with her all weekend so they could show most anything. Sorry if the links don't work but you can probably copy & paste them into your address bar & get to the articles.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieUnderwood
    So, who is she rooting for in the Finals? That kind of stuff might be a factor for some folks thinking about buying a ticket for the show or picking up a copy of her country music album, which will be out this fall.
    Underwood isn't saying.
    Even though she's from Oklahoma (and she says that usually folks from her state go with Kansas or Texas teams), she says she'll decide who to support later in the series.
    "I'm not picking sides," she said. "If I were going to root for someone, I would be inclined to root for Texas. But I'm going to have to wait and see. Nobody is from Oklahoma, so ..."
    Ummm... how much longer is Carrie going to wait? It's 2-2... is she going to wait until the series is over until she picks her favorite? Copout.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Ummm... how much longer is Carrie going to wait? It's 2-2... is she going to wait until the series is over until she picks her favorite? Copout.
    It may be a copout or she may just not give a rats patoot. I certainly couldn't care less who wins or who loses. Why should she have to pick a winner? It is just stupid question by a reporter that couldn't think of anything better to ask.

Broadway....I totally think she's supporting the Spurs...BUt then again, I didnt really think she cared much about the game...
    Well, I was thinking when he said, "king of the jungle," I was, like, "Well, during the first challenge you would still be lost in the jungle if Jim and I hadn't, like, led you out. - Brooke Struck on Judd

Love is like the wind...You can't see it, but you can feel it

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    Would her performance be like earlier this summer, when she and a few other idols sang the anthem before a Dodgers game and were booed off the field, she wondered?
    Hmm...I must've been out of the loop on this one...I didn't know anything about this...who else was singing the National Anthem? Were they THAT bad?
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama
    Hmm...I must've been out of the loop on this one...I didn't know anything about this...who else was singing the National Anthem? Were they THAT bad?
    I had never heard anything about that either. No idea what that is all about, but if it was earlier this summer it must have been during the Idol competition & I suspect that other finalists could be included in the statement. But if you had a chance to hear her at the NBA game she was really really good. Even the crown liked it.

I hope everyone had an opportunity to see the Dateline NBC segment last night. It was almost 20min. & had a lot of good stuff including interviews with the locals in Checotah. Her Paw Paw still has a rotary phone & was able to get in as many as 32 votes, I couldn't do that with redial. They showed her being introduced to the Opry audience by Bill Anderson & singing Crying. She was starstruck with all the celebrities & country stars she is meeting & said "The pinch me moments just keep happening". Good luck to you Carrie. I'm sure the pinch me moments have just begun.

It seems as though I am the only one to keep this thread alive, but I am going to post stuff when I find it, so here is some truly great information.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs..../ENTERTAINMENT

This is a long article & mentions a lot of other groups & singers, but here is the pertinent part. Some big names here & I for one am glad to see a producer other than Clive Davis being mentioned. Oh yeah & if Iíll take my TOFU with a dry rub, no sauce please.

Nashville songwriters woo 'Idol' champ
    American Idol winner Carrie Underwood is becoming quite the country queen 'round these parts.
    Many A-list country songwriters gathered this past weekend at a new swank studio/resort, Karian Studio in Gallatin, to pitch songs to Carrie and to get to know her.
    Those songwriters included Craig Wiseman (Live Like You Were Dying), Hillary Lindsey (This One's For the Girls) and Rivers Rutherford (Gretchen Wilson'sHomewrecker).
    It's also interesting to note that big-name producer Dann Huff (Faith Hill, LeAnn Rimes) was hanging around, though no official producer has been named yet.
    By the way, I'm told the studio's chef made group meals there, including Italian and barbecue, but Carrie is a vegetarian, so they made her a vegetarian BBQ dish. Think tofu can hold a tangy sauce?

razorbacker, thank you for all the information. I'm so pleased for Carrie. She is such a talented young woman and deserves every good thing that seems to be coming her way. I want to buy the single when I go out again. She and Clay can take turns on my car cd player.

+ Reply to Thread