+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FYI.... Carrie will be singing The Star Spangled Banner at the NBA Finals game tonight. Tune in to ABC between 9-9:15 EST.

Carrie did a very good job and the crowd approved of her version of the SSB. She is such a beautiful woman! Good for her!

That pitch change was a bit awkward sounding. But otherwise, she did fine.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    That pitch change was a bit awkward sounding. But otherwise, she did fine.

she did real well. boy, knowing you're not competing at all anymore changes her performances somewhat. her eyes are no longer dead looking. she seems more comfortable and relaxed. you could also see her difference of performing when she was on NBC's Today show yesterday. well...she was moving a little more because she had to hold down her dress or America will have a real show.

the pitch change - as in the "home of the free". yeah it was a bit awkward. but she pulled it through. she did that part better when she went home to checotah after the final 3 was announced. where the national anthem was the only song she was allowed to sing. she did the free part way better.

I also thought she did really well & the crowd cheered her more than once. I don't know how many of you have heard her single, but her recorded voice sounds absolutely incredible. Both songs are welll worth a listen. Go Carrie & Good Luck with your career.

I forgot to add that apparantely Dateline NBC had a camera crew following Carrie when she had her coming out & first appearance at the Grand Ole Opry last weekend in Nashville. The segment on Carrie is supposed to air this Sunday Night 7pm. est 6pm. central.

Sorry to keep overloading here but I found a review of Carries performance last night & thought you might be interested. By the way her single is #1 on itunes & has debuted at #1 on the Billboard Country charts & #5 on the Billboard Pop charts. A pretty good start I think.

http://www.freep.com/sports/pistons/...e_20050617.htm

'Idol' champ shakes jitters
    June 17, 2005
    BY KELLEY CARTER
    FREE PRESS MUSIC WRITER
    She was worried.
    Even though she'd captured the hearts and votes of millions of Americans, newly crowned "American Idol" champion Carrie Underwood feared performing an acapella rendition of the "Star-Spangled Banner" before thousands of hoops fans.
    "I'm nervous," she said from her dressing room at the Palace of Auburn Hills. "I've never been to an NBA game before. And the national anthem, man, you gotta do good."
    Would her performance be like earlier this summer, when she and a few other idols sang the anthem before a Dodgers game and were booed off the field, she wondered?
    She needn't have been concerned.
    Her flawless rendering of the anthem was well received by the Palace audience. Perhaps it'll foreshadow her upcoming Idol Tour, which takes her and the other contestants on a 43-date tour. The show comes to Detroit on Aug. 4 at Joe Louis Arena.
    So, who is she rooting for in the Finals? That kind of stuff might be a factor for some folks thinking about buying a ticket for the show or picking up a copy of her country music album, which will be out this fall.
    Underwood isn't saying.
    Even though she's from Oklahoma (and she says that usually folks from her state go with Kansas or Texas teams), she says she'll decide who to support later in the series.
    "I'm not picking sides," she said. "If I were going to root for someone, I would be inclined to root for Texas. But I'm going to have to wait and see. Nobody is from Oklahoma, so ..."
    By Kelley L. Carter, Free Press Music Writer

Razorbacker, I just went to the Billboard website, and I didn't see Carrie anywhere on the pop chart or the country chart...

I can't seem to find it too...The only information on Carrie is the info they provide under Chart Beat
    Well, I was thinking when he said, "king of the jungle," I was, like, "Well, during the first challenge you would still be lost in the jungle if Jim and I hadn't, like, led you out. - Brooke Struck on Judd

Love is like the wind...You can't see it, but you can feel it

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    Razorbacker, I just went to the Billboard website, and I didn't see Carrie anywhere on the pop chart or the country chart...
    http://www.billboard.com/bb/chartbeat/bonus.jsp

The above is a link to the article, but I have copied the pertinent part here: Unfortunately you have to be a member to access the actual charts & I don’t have that ability These figures are based on sales from stores that put the single out before the actual release date. That is why you see the phrase “street date violations”. So I think she should remain #1 again next week after we see actual sales figures.

'INSIDE' STORY: Carrie Underwood collects her first No. 1 in Billboard, joining a long list of chart-topping "American Idol" competitors. Her "Inside Your Heaven" / "Independence Day" (Arista) makes a premature debut at No. 1 on Billboard's Hot Country Singles Sales chart, based solely on street date violations. Those same infringements bring Underwood onto the Singles Sales chart at No. 5 (This chart was formerly known as Hot 100 Singles Sales, but since it also feeds the Pop 100, it was appropriate to change the name).

Underwood is the ninth "Idol" singer to earn a Billboard No. 1 as a solo performer, following Kelly Clarkson, Clay Aiken, Ruben Studdard, Kimberley Locke, Josh Gracin, William Hung, Fantasia and Diana DeGarmo.

+ Reply to Thread