+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 420 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107147197 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    Both contestants sang the song during the final performance episode of the "Idol" season and their respective versions were delivered to U.S. radio stations after the finale. Over the last seven days, Underwood's single has gotten significantly more airplay, receiving more than 300 spins at top 40, country and adult contemporary stations, according to Nielsen Broadcast Data Systems. Bice's recording has scored less than 40 spins, the majority on top 40 outlets.
    Well maybe this will finally put to rest the conspiracy theories surrounding Carrie's win. She won because she was more popular and therefore got more votes ... end of story.
    Last edited by TvFan05; 06-02-2005 at 02:26 AM.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by TvFan05
    Well maybe this will finally put to rest the conspiracy theories surrounding Carrie's win. She won because she was more popular and therefore got more votes ... end of story.
    I wouldn't quite jump the shark here. The success of Carrie and Bo has yet to be determined. Still, I think a lot of people forget that Carrie has a large number of fans, that have supported her throughout the competition thick and thin.

We are just a little less vocal than Bo fans. Go figure.

the duo will be reunited with the eight other top 10 Idol finalists this summer for the Pop Tarts Present American Idols Live!
    Maybe it's the nice weather, but I found that really funny for some reason. We're always describing AI as sugary or bubblegum and lo' and behold it's being sponsored by Pop Tarts.

Good for Carrie. I wish her oodles of success
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by TvFan05
    I don't think there's any "conspiracy theory" surrounding Carrie's win, but if she truly is "more popular", then how do you account for this...

Though the long-haired rocker lost out to Underwood on the show, his version of "In Your Heaven" is currently outselling hers, though neither single has been shipped.

Bice's single is ranked number one on BarnesandNoble.com's sales charts, while Underwood's single trails at number four. Meanwhile, over at Amazon.com, Bice's single is holding down the number three slot, while Underwood's is way down at number 31.

Though the long-haired rocker lost out to Underwood on the show, his version of "In Your Heaven" is currently outselling hers, though neither single has been shipped.

Bice's single is ranked number one on BarnesandNoble.com's sales charts, while Underwood's single trails at number four. Meanwhile, over at Amazon.com, Bice's single is holding down the number three slot, while Underwood's is way down at number 31.
    I didn't even know you could buy them yet? How do I get Carrie's "In Your Heaven"?

My guess is that they're talking about pre-orders...

FORT Fan
    Bo outselling Carrie? It's just figures so far. Besides, that info (I believe) is outdated.

Carrie's duet with Rascall Flatts has debuted at #50 on the Billboard charts. Pretty good in my view. Carrie has also moved herself swiftly to #10 on the Amazon charts. That's fast!

Her official site is up and (from what I've heard) Carrie's fans are loyal as ever. The consensus with us is that we rather purchase Carrie's CD when it comes out, instead of preordering. So, the game is far from over.

Anyway...I find this competition with Bo juvenile. Carrie and Bo are worthy contestants, American Idol is over and we should wholeheartedly support both these two talented artists. Not nitpick on whose on first.

I doubt Carrie or Bo would appreciate it.
    Last edited by felix; 06-02-2005 at 10:18 AM.

I hope this is considered news & it gets posted. I believe it is something Carries fans should be proud of for her.

http://www.opry.com/04_info/04_news/....asp?prID=1289

Grand Ole Opry to Host Multiple Shows During CMA Festival Week
    Tuesday Night Opry Gets the Fun Started Tues., June 7

Superstar Spectacular Benefit Set for Thurs,. June 9 at Ryman Auditorium

American Idol Winner Carrie Underwood to Make Opry Debut June 10

Opry Plaza Parties Launch Fri., June 10

After MidNite’s Blair Garner to Kick-off Guest Announcer Series Fri., June 10

Opry Returns to the Ryman for Matinee Performance Sat., June 11

The Grand Ole Opry® presented by Cracker Barrel Old Country Store® is scheduled to celebrate CMA Music Festival Week with the Opry debut of American Idol winner Carrie Underwood plus Alison Krauss and Union Station featuring Jerry Douglas, Charley Pride, Trisha Yearwood, and more during five Opry shows plus a special benefit performance June 7 – 11.

Diamond Rio, Joe Diffie, Buddy Jewell, Del McCoury Band, and more kick off a star-packed Opry week at the Tuesday Night Opry Tues., June 7 at 7:00 p.m.

The Superstar Spectacular Benefit, a CMA Music Festival week late-night tradition scheduled for the historic Ryman Auditorium, will feature Jeff Bates, Hal Ketchum, David Lee Murphy, Charley Pride, and more. The benefit fun begins at 11:00 p.m., entertaining fans downtown until 2:00 a.m. All proceeds from this show will benefit the Opry Trust Fund, which assists members of the country music community in need.

Opry Plaza Parties kick off Fri., June 10 with Darrell Scott and Ray Scott followed on June 11 by Nashville Star alumni John Arthur Martinez and Matt Lindahl. The Plaza Parties are free and open to the public.

The Opry returns to the Ryman Auditorium for a 3:00 p.m. matinee performance Sat., June 11.

The Opry’s weekend shows at the Grand Ole Opry House will feature the Opry debut of American Idol winner Carrie Underwood, plus Keith Anderson, Alison Krauss and Union Station featuring Jerry Douglas, Blaine Larsen, plus Craig Morgan, Michael Martin Murphey, Charley Pride, Trisha Yearwood, and more.

Syndicated radio host Blair Garner (After MidNite) will launch the Opry’s 80th Anniversary guest announcer series during the Opry’s Friday night show. Others already scheduled to appear as guest announcers later this year include radio personalities Lon Helton and Dave Ramsey; Senator Lamar Alexander; and The Today Show’s Willard Scott.

For those of you that still aren't convinced this lady is going to be a big hit, check out this article & the folks she is already aligned with. She may be the first truly Mega Star to come form the Idol ranks.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....0105/506090394

'Idol' champion raises her country profile

Carrie Underwood blitzes Nashville, making multiple stops at CMA fest

By BRAD SCHMITT
    Staff Writer

New American Idol champ Carrie Underwood will definitely make a country album, breaking with the popular TV show's string of putting out pop albums for its first three winners, Idol creator Simon Fuller said in Nashville yesterday.
    "The most important thing from my point of view is that Carrie, her first love is country music and she loves Nashville, and I thought it was very important we make Nashville our first port of call," Fuller said at a luncheon at concert-booking Creative Artists Agency (CAA). It was one of many stops he's making with Underwood during the CMA Music Festival, which runs today through Sunday in downtown Nashville.
    We're really gonna check it out, meet with the right people. And then make that extra special record that hopefully everyone here and hopefully all country fans will be proud of."
    Underwood, a 21-year-old Oklahoman, sang songs by Martina McBride, Rascal Flatts, the Dixie Chicks and other country acts on the show, making her only the second Idol contestant in four seasons to regularly sing country songs. (The first was second-season contestant Josh Gracin, who now has a record deal with Lyric Street Records here in town.)
    Underwood, who is signed to Sony BMG out of New York, is thrilled to be able to do a country album, in Nashville.
    I love it here. Everybody's so nice. And it's the kind of music I feel at home with," she said.
    Fuller — who also serves as president for the management company and record label for Idol winners — has high hopes that Underwood's album will do well beyond the traditional country audience.
    "I see a huge opportunity right now for the right country artist to break into the whole world, never mind mainstream America, but the whole world. I think the right person is Carrie. She's adorable, talented, and everyone who voted for her will be proud of the record she's going to make."
    That's music to the ears of Music Row, where many executives think Underwood already has done well showcasing country to new fans on Idol, which regularly finished first or second in weekly TV ratings and drew more than 30 million viewers for its finale last month.
    "The people who voted her in voted for the songs she was singing as well as the voice behind them," said John Huie, a Nashville-based CAA agent.
    Underwood and her representatives from Idol-formed management company 19 Entertainment spent much of Tuesday and yesterday talking to Nashville producers, entertainment lawyers and business agents. Underwood already has secured a Nashville-based publicist, Jessie Schmidt, who counts Tim McGraw and Rascal Flatts among her clients.
    If last night's taping of a CMT 100 Greatest Duets concert is any indication, Underwood will be well received by country audiences. She performed the Reba McEntire/Linda Davis hit Does He Love You? with Jamie O'Neal, and the crowd at Gaylord Entertainment Center roared every time she started to sing or she hit a high note. Underwood also got one of the largest ovations of the night when she was introduced.
    Underwood is set to perform with Phil Vassar tonight on the Coliseum stage for the CMA Music Festival. She's also set to sing at the Grand Ole Opry tomorrow night, a performance expected to draw a Dateline NBC crew.
    For Underwood, it's country fantasy camp.
    "It's like I have the coolest backstage pass ever — and I get to stand onstage with them! I'm lucky," she said. "It's just been so wonderful because I'm just a fan myself. And I get to be around all these people I've only heard about."

Just a reminder that you can find her new single today in a store near you.

+ Reply to Thread