+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 423 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146196 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

I saw her performance. I actually thought she sounded much better without that super loud band. Was I the only one or did you all feel the same?

Quote Originally Posted by cabernetCally
    Cinjoybeach...thanks for reminding me! Was she in the 1st hour or second? (I'm on the west coast and it is only 7:15 here so hope I catch her)
    It was in the second hour

Saw her interview...she was as usual very gracious and adorable! Had alot of very nice things to say about Bo. "He is like the BIG Brother she never had and he watches out for her!" She is sure is will be as successful or more than she will" What a class act!

Can't wait to hear her sing later in the show!

I don't think that "Inside Your Heaven" is a great song for her, or anybody else. If they really want to promote her they should let her sing some of her better songs. I believe that with a little thought I could turn out a better song than that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    And the continued reference to Carrie being southern is puzzling to me. I have never considered Oklahoma southern.

As a former Okie, I can report that Oklahoma is considered part of the Southwest--tho its northern part is durn near the Midwest. So, no, she is not a "Southerner" like Bo.
    Last edited by pillbeam; 06-01-2005 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    As a former Okie, I can report that Oklahoma is considered part of the Southwest--tho its northern part is durn near the Midwest. So, no, she is not a "Southerner" like Bo.
    I'm pretty sure that they consider themselves more West than South too. Never seen so many cowboy hats in my life. Well, it actually doesn't matter where either of them is from. They're both doing a great job. I think their home states will be proud.

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    I don't think that "Inside Your Heaven" is a great song for her, or anybody else. If they really want to promote her they should let her sing some of her better songs. I believe that with a little thought I could turn out a better song than that one.

I hate that song. They need to fire the songwriter.

This comes under the category of Fun Facts to Know & Share:

PETA is running their annual search to find the hottest vegetarians, male & female, of the year. As it stands right now the leader for the women is....... You guessed it Ms. Carrie. She is ahead of other such luminaries as Avril Lavigne, Reese Witherspoon, & Gwyneth Paltrow. Pretty good company Carrie. Rock on girl.

A nice article in Billboard Magazine about her future album & the present airplays she is getting.

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/ar..._id=1000944456

Underwood Ready To Record Debut Album

By Katy Kroll, N.Y.

Fourth season "American Idol" winner Carrie Underwood is eyeing a fall release for her 19 Recordings/Arista debut album. "Right now we're figuring out songs," the 22-year-old Checotah, Okla., native tells Billboard.com. "I know we're going to go in [the studio] very soon. I'm not sure exactly when, but the album should be out this fall."

In the meantime, Underwood's recording of "Inside Your Heaven," written by Andreas Carlsson for "American Idol" and produced by Desmond Child, will receive retail release June 14, backed with a cover of Martina McBride's "Independence Day."

Although Underwood says it's too soon to reveal who she'll be working with on the album, she notes that Child makes her feel "very comfortable" and that she hopes to work with her idols in Rascal Flatts. The country group performed its hit "Bless the Broken Road" with Underwood during the "Idol" finale's duets segment.

"It's a very exciting time," she says. "It's amazing to me that all these big names want to work with me."

Underwood plans to mainly record country music, but hopes her album will appeal to a broad audience. "I definitely want to stick to my country roots," she says. "There'll be two different audiences involved. There'll be the country people, who are really embracing me right now and standing behind me, and I am so thankful for that. Then there are the people who don't necessarily like country music but watched the show and liked me."

Teaming again with Bice, with whom she performed the modern pop standard "Up Where We Belong" during the finale, is also a possibility. "I would love to," she says. "After our duet on the show, we got a lot of good feedback. I would definitely like to work with him later on. We're completely different genres, so it's not like we're going to be competing against each other at all in the market or anything."

Recalling a scenario that played out two years ago after Ruben Studdard narrowly won the second "Idol" competition over Clay Aiken, Underwood and Bice will find themselves competing in the retail market later this month. Just a week after Underwood's single is released, Bice will issue a retail version of "Inside Your Heaven" coupled with a cover of the Ides Of March's "Vehicle" via RCA Records.

Both contestants sang the song during the final performance episode of the "Idol" season and their respective versions were delivered to U.S. radio stations after the finale. Over the last seven days, Underwood's single has gotten significantly more airplay, receiving more than 300 spins at top 40, country and adult contemporary stations, according to Nielsen Broadcast Data Systems. Bice's recording has scored less than 40 spins, the majority on top 40 outlets.

Idol Carrie Inks Record Deal
    Wed Jun 01, 8:07 PM ET

Carrie Underwood is making her Idol status official.

The country crooner, who walked away with the title on the fourth season of American Idol last week, has signed her $1 million recording contact with Arista Records.

Her first single, "Inside Your Heaven," will be released June 14, paired with her cover of Martina McBride's "Independence Day."

Like the Idols who came before her--Kelly Clarkson, Ruben Studdard and Fantasia Barrino, as well as second-place finisher Clay Aiken--Underwood's career will be guided by music guru Clive Davis, who will also produce her first full-length album in connection with Simon Fuller and 19 Recordings Limited.

To date, all of the former Idols have gone on to make platinum records and, collectively with Aiken, have sold more than 12 million albums and counting.

So far, Underwood seems to be enjoying her victory, though she admits her life has become something of a whirlwind.

"Most of the time, I'm like, where am I? What am I doing?" the 22-year-old college senior said in an appearance on CBS' The Early Show Wednesday. "It's still a dream."

The Oklahoma native has said she'll remain true to her country roots on her upcoming album.

"I love country music, and that's where I fit in," she said on The Early Show. "I like crossover country music, too. So I think that would be a good avenue to explore. But it's really all about picking out songs and finding ones that you feel fit you, no matter what genre they belong in."

Things are also shaping up for Bo Bice, who finished second this season. The Alabama native has indicated an album is in the works, though he has few details to offer.

"Should be out soon, hopefully. I'm still in the dark about it...haven't found anything out about it," he told TVGuide.com.

His first single, also the Idol original song, "In Your Heaven," will be released June 21.

Though the long-haired rocker lost out to Underwood on the show, his version of "In Your Heaven" is currently outselling hers, though neither single has been shipped.

Bice's single is ranked number one on BarnesandNoble.com's sales charts, while Underwood's single trails at number four. Meanwhile, over at Amazon.com, Bice's single is holding down the number three slot, while Underwood's is way down at number 31.

The advance chart standings are reminiscent of the season two Idol battle between Studdard and Aiken. Though the Velvet Teddy Bear ultimately won the competition, Aiken's first single, "Bridge Over Troubled Waters/This Is the Night," debuted atop the Billboard singles chart, beating out Studdard's single, "Flying Without Wings/Superstar," which landed in the number two slot.

Despite the competition between them, Bice and Underwood profess nothing but fond feelings for each other.

"I think Carrie's the best one for this," Bice told TVGuide.com in an interview. "She did a great job. America chose her and I wish her the best of luck. I know she's going to have a great career, and she knows that I love her to bits."

Underwood was more than willing to return the compliment.

"He's just a brother. I've never had a big brother. He kind of watches after me and takes care of me," she told The Early Show. "I know he's going to have just as successful, if not more successful, of a career as me. Everybody loves him."

Aside from working on their respective albums this summer, the duo will be reunited with the eight other top 10 Idol finalists this summer for the Pop Tarts Present American Idols Live! tour, which kicks off July 12 in Sunrise, Florida and will travel to 41 cities in all.
    http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/en...768162006.html

+ Reply to Thread