+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 425 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145195 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Fogey
    [QUOTE=Misty8723]I love Bo, but I'm not sorry he didn't win. I also liked Carrie, and I really think she has the best voice of any idol. I love her rendition of Independence Day on the CD. I do think she deserved to win, and I'm very happy for her.

... I just hope they let Carrie do the county stuff she's so good at. I think she's pop enough with her country that she could sell. Based on her cover of Independence, I think she could compete with the best out there and come out a winner.

/QUOTE]

I think she could if they give her the kind of good, strong-hooked, soaring songs that she obviously loves and that showcase her voice. Unfortunately, I haven't heard a lot of such songs come out of the AI production machine.

Same for Bo, of course. If they don't give him songs with some kind of rock-y or blues-y edge, they'll be wasting his talent also.

... I just don't like most of the music they've had former idols sing, and I will be sorry if they waste these two good talents in that way.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre
    I think she could if they give her the kind of good, strong-hooked, soaring songs that she obviously loves and that showcase her voice. Unfortunately, I haven't heard a lot of such songs come out of the AI production machine.
    I watched Regis and Kelly this morning to see Carrie. Why on Earth do the 19E people insist on making her sing 'Inside your Heaven'? The song is not right for her. Carrie is incredibly talented and can rip the bottom out of so many songs, but they give her that piece of **** too sing. I just hope that, like Kelly Clarkson, she can weather the next two years under the 'guidance' of these buffoons.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David
    I watched Regis and Kelly this morning to see Carrie. Why on Earth do the 19E people insist on making her sing 'Inside your Heaven'? The song is not right for her. Carrie is incredibly talented and can rip the bottom out of so many songs, but they give her that piece of **** too sing. I just hope that, like Kelly Clarkson, she can weather the next two years under the 'guidance' of these buffoons.

Unfortunately Uncle David, this is the price that the winner pays. This is going to be her first single, so they want to promote it. I personally like the song, but I do wish they would let her sing something else once in a while.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Unfortunately Uncle David, this is the price that the winner pays. This is going to be her first single, so they want to promote it. I personally like the song, but I do wish they would let her sing something else once in a while.
    This brought to mind the article that came out right after the home town visits prior to final show. In the article it said that Carrie was only allowed to sing the Star Spangled Banner. Have any of you heard anything else about the reasons behind that.

I didn't get to see all of Carrie on Regis and Kelly today. The Presidents News Conference came on and I starting cleaning the house. Can someone tell me what all they talked about.
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David
    I watched Regis and Kelly this morning to see Carrie. Why on Earth do the 19E people insist on making her sing 'Inside your Heaven'? The song is not right for her.
    Okay, I just watched the show and I actually thought she did quite well with it. She gets better each and every time and she's beginning to make it her own. That doesn't mean I like the song..... but I don't think it's "not for her" anymore.

She was very cute... very calm and comfortable, even teasing Regis when he made a comment about her having been born on a farm in Oklahoma. "Well, I wasn't actually born on the farm; I was born in a hospital" with a little twinkle in her eye. She seemed quite insistent (with a bit of puzzled mixed in) on letting people know that Checotah is not all farmland.

But other than that, not much new from Carrie.

Renee Zellweger was on the show today, too, and apparently made a special point of going back to meet Carrie beforehand. She said that, while she didn't follow AI, her new MIL did. It was cute... Renee mimicking her MIL's southern accent when she was watching the finale, saying that she didn't care who won, she just loved them both dearly. But before Renee left, she made a point of saying that her MIL will be front and center tomorrow (sounds like she was a major Bo fan, eh?)

In my humble opinion, Carrie is so overrated, it's not funny. On another messageboard, she was everybody's favorite. Now I have to see her mug on television and on radio. I was hoping Jessica Sierra would make it to the Final 2. To me, she had potential.

Well, opinions are what we're here for.
    If your tv and radio have the same buttons that mine does, you don't really HAVE to see and hear her or anyone else you don't like.

I love Carrie and look forward to every appearance she may make and will turn the volume up as loud as possible to hear every bit!!!

I heard Carrie this morning on The Early Show. They did not talk to her much at all, basically just asked her who she would most like to record with. She answered Rascal Flatts again, and Martina McBride.
    She sang Inside Your Heaven, of course, and I thought she sounded great! I was a teensy bit disappointed in how she sounded on Regis & Kelly. Well, disappointed isn't the right word--her voice was awesome, I just thought it sounded like she was rushing through the song----almost as if she couldn't wait for it to be over!!! Thought it was probably nerves. But, this morning on The Early Show it was very, very good...a little slower, very controlled. IMO it was the best I've heard her sing the song.

Cinjoybeach...thanks for reminding me! Was she in the 1st hour or second? (I'm on the west coast and it is only 7:15 here so hope I catch her)

+ Reply to Thread