+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 425 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104144194 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Anya | Kata | Aimee so into you's Avatar
    Hooray for Carrie - concerning the article - considering she knows nothing about being a star. XD
    beauty is only skin deep.

The lack of information provided by FOX on Carrie's experience is no different than the lack of information they provided on Bo's drug offenses! Anyone who wanted to could obtain it but they chose not to promote it.

Besides Carries experience still pales in comparison to Bo's!! While he has been performing continuously for over ten years. She was making occasional appearances while she attended college!!!

I fail to see why in the world people are so ANGRY for whatever reason you can dream up making Carrie the fraud in this drama. Unless you just HAVE to direct your anger toward someone because your choice was not the winner and she happens to be the target.

BO does not seem bothered by any of this and has been extrememly supportive of Carrie. If you are a true FAN then take his direction. Carrie has done NOTHING to deserve this criticism~being sorry does not make it right!
    Last edited by cabernetCally; 05-30-2005 at 10:09 AM.

I think the whole argument is silly. The show is to find undiscovered talent.. aka people not signed to a contract. Both Bo and Carrie qualify.

And if someone wants to look at a pie-eyed girl from Oklahoma and automatically assume "girl that sings while feeding chickens," then who is truly at fault? I'm not thinking it's the producers.

Who care about all these...Carrie won ...thats all that matters to me
    Well, I was thinking when he said, "king of the jungle," I was, like, "Well, during the first challenge you would still be lost in the jungle if Jim and I hadn't, like, led you out. - Brooke Struck on Judd

Love is like the wind...You can't see it, but you can feel it

Quote Originally Posted by cabernetCally
    The lack of information provided by FOX on Carrie's experience is no different than the lack of information they provided on Bo's drug offenses! Anyone who wanted to could obtain it but they chose not to promote it.

Besides Carries experience still pales in comparison to Bo's!! While he has been performing continuously for over ten years. She was making occasional appearances while she attended college!!!

I fail to see why in the world people are so ANGRY for whatever reason you can dream up making Carrie the fraud in this drama. Unless you just HAVE to direct your anger toward someone because your choice was not the winner and she happens to be the target.

BO does not seem bothered by any of this and has been extrememly supportive of Carrie. If you are a true FAN then take his direction. Carrie has done NOTHING to deserve this criticism~being sorry does not make it right!
    I think that at this point we can point the finger at Carrie as being responsible for everything short of Nuclear proliferation & I bet if we dig close enough she is probably in the background there also. I can't help but agree that Bo wouldn't want this kind of crap that is going on & Carrie doesn't deserve it. She played by the rules, she got more votes than the others & deserves the win. I am really looking forward to hearing her first recordings & from what I am reading she is already being played on both Country & Pop stations. She will persevere & be successful regardless of all this lunacy being directed toward her.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I think the whole argument is silly. The show is to find undiscovered talent.. aka people not signed to a contract. Both Bo and Carrie qualify.

And if someone wants to look at a pie-eyed girl from Oklahoma and automatically assume "girl that sings while feeding chickens," then who is truly at fault? I'm not thinking it's the producers.
    Silly isn't the word for it. I agree that all we need worry about is the talent aspect of it. I have never thought of Carrie as being pie eyed or being limited to farm work and apparently neither have many others. Oklahoma isn't exactly the end of nowhere and I'm sure that Carrie has been subjected to most of the experiences that the rest of us have. She lives very close to Oklahoma City which is a very modern and fun city. She is within a half a days drive of other large cities. She probably hasn't spent her life barefoot and hanging in the barn yard.
    Bo is from a small town situated close to several large cities also. I'd say that their back grounds are more similar than most would like to think. Bo just happens to have a few years head start on Carrie. Given another seven years and she will no doubt have acquired much more polish and poise.I'll be interested to see how things go for her.

That's Carrie. She's hot. Amazing Fanatic's Avatar
    my new Carrie avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    Silly isn't the word for it. I agree that all we need worry about is the talent aspect of it. I have never thought of Carrie as being pie eyed or being limited to farm work and apparently neither have many others. Oklahoma isn't exactly the end of nowhere and I'm sure that Carrie has been subjected to most of the experiences that the rest of us have. She lives very close to Oklahoma City which is a very modern and fun city. She is within a half a days drive of other large cities. She probably hasn't spent her life barefoot and hanging in the barn yard.
    Muduh, I agree with you. My comment was against those that have this belief that the producers misled them by making them think that Carrie was just some country girl with no experience. The producers just put her out there, and if some people chose to just automatically run to the stereotype of small-town farm girl with no performing experience, then that's their fault for jumping to conclusions, not the fault of the producers.

Yes, Broadway, we know each other well enough to read between the others lines. I knew what you meant.
    I get a little defensive when people make farming sound like a bad thing and kids who are raised on farms are assumed to be a little beneath everyone else. Everyone has to have been raised somewhere. I'm betting that Carrie wouldn't trade with anyone. Bo probably wouldn't trade his childhood either.
    And the continued reference to Carrie being southern is puzzling to me. I have never considered Oklahoma southern.
    Also, what difference does it make whether people were misled or not? Are we to assume that people would have voted differently if they'd known that Carrie has sung with a band for a few years? We need to give the voting public a little more credit than that.

FORT Fogey
    Sheesh! Farming is hardly a bad thing! Most farmers I've known have been RICH!! Farm land is worth a ton of money and even people who rent out their farm land have done quite well! A friend of mine went to college in Wichita and the kids there were loaded. The farm kids all drove brand new cars that most of the rest of the kids couldn't afford. If there is a disadvantage to being a farmer, I'd like to know what it is. From our viewpoint (small town kids from a small city) farmers were rich beyond belief.

I think AI is a just a huge machine and they are going to grind out music celebrities no matter how they have to do it. Focus on the good points, hide the bad. It's always been like that in Hollywood.

+ Reply to Thread