+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 420 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142192 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by vanillalatte
    If you voted for Carrie, please PM me and let me know:

Your age
    Your gender
    Are you married or single?
    Have any kids?
    What part of the country are you from?
    Do you vote regularly?
    How much did you vote on finale night?

I sent you my data.........Can't wait to read your theory!!
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

FYI..... Carrie's single is on bn.com for preorder. Interesting thing is they list "Independence Day" as the Bside (track 2) of the single. Very cool!

Vanillalatte - Great idea, and we'd like to see the results. I have supposrted Carrie over Bo in several posts, but must admit that I felt intimidated by the Bo Bandwagon.

I happy to see the people in the final to. They were the right people because they were amazing singers and wanted it bad

Congratulations Carrie! You'll go far
    SmiLeyGuRL

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    FYI..... Carrie's single is on bn.com for preorder. Interesting thing is they list "Independence Day" as the Bside (track 2) of the single. Very cool!
    Thats interesting.....I thought it was going to be the other angel song........(drawing a blank on the name of it right now)
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

FORT Fan
    Carrie was my favourite from the beginning. I was delighted that Bo and her were in the finals. They are both worthy contestants.

Sometimes...I think we Carrie fans are the "silent majority" on these boards. The hate for Carrie is actually quite disturbing. People keep complaining that she is robotic and stiff.

(Shrug) Perhaps...but we carebears see something special in Carrie. She may not be as flamboyent as Bo, but her demure gentle manner is a great attraction.

I've never been an Idol fan , untill Carrie came along. She made all the difference. Many of us certainly felt the same way. Carrie has NEVER been in the bottom 3. Was it due to dumb luck? Somehow...I doubt it. As the contestants were whittled down, we Carrie fans stuck by her loyally through thick and thin.

They are a great number of us! We love Carrie as much as Bo fans love Bo. Now...even after winning American Idol, people are still ragging Carrie. Not even showing Carrie the respect she deserves. She was the winner after all, not Bo.

AI4 was not rigged. The producers may have tried to skew audiences to a particular contestant, but the final vote was in your hands. America voted honestly and Carrie won fair and square.

Come on...the producers would hardly dare to deceive the audiences by faking the results. In this information age, it is almost impossible to keep a secret. Their deception would have been revealed and the AI franchise tarnished forever.

This link explains why Carrie won
    http://msnbc.msn.com/id/7965753/

Carrie, you rock! There are tons of people pulling for you. Not Bo. No matter what happens, I, Felix from Singapore am your loyal fan. We will be with you thick and thin. Because...that's the honour and privilege of being your star making experience. A long journey is ahead of you and we Carebears are your faithful attendants. Stay true to yourself, Carrie! You are our American Idol.

Best Wishes
    Felix
    Last edited by felix; 05-28-2005 at 06:55 AM.

First of all Felix, we sorta of guessed you were one of Carrie's biggest fans! Your posts are full of devotion and I have enjoyed reading them. It is great that we have a place to post our thoughts about AI. Most everyone here knew how much I adored Anthony. You are a true fan of the winner, Carrie Underwood!

I read your link and this is what really bothered me:

A sweet, wholesome small-town girl with a strong voice, big dreams, and no real performing experience prior to the competition, she truly is what the show is all about.

The “Idol” producers could not have drawn up a better contestant if they’d tried. She was straight out of central casting, and Carrie and the producers milked that image for all it was worth throughout the competition.
    We know now that this is just not true! This bothers me because I bet most of the American public bought into this casting. I resent the manipulation of her IMAGE! Carrie has the looks and talent to succeed. Why did they have to present this to us? Why did they remove her photos from her band website?

I know Carrie had no choice but to go along with this. It just angers me that they couldn't have been honest about all of this! I hope you can understand how I feel.

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Great post, Felix, great post. I'm a fan of both but I'm glad that Carrie edged out Bo. I was a part of that "quiet minority" because I didn't want to argue opinion. Since Simon picked her "the one to beat," she's been fighting an uphill battle. Every week she had to prove it, and every week she did, IMO. Now she's faced with unfounded conspiracy theories. All this nonsense that AI is rigged takes away from her win, which isn't fair and is at her expense.

Thank you!

Hey, a quick thank you to everyone who's responded to my survey! The results seem to be supporting my theory so far. I've got company this weekend so I'm pretty busy right now, but I'm going to try to get this pulled together before Tuesday.

If you haven't responded yet and still want to, scroll up on this page to my last post for the questions and PM me your answers. More data means more accurate results

Thanks everyone!

Great Vanillalatte..I sent my data....looking forward to results!

Kariann....I for one could have cared whether Carrie and experience or not!
    That had absolutley NOTHING to do with why I was a devoted fan!!!!!
    I love her voice, her charm, beauty and I was impressed by her (believe it or not) college education). She is the FULL package imo.

To suggest by some that we were deceived by her past experience is ridiculous!!!

I'm also getting weary at all the negative comments about her....except it she got the votes and she is the American Idol!!

+ Reply to Thread