+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 426 FirstFirst ... 39798081828384858687888990919293949596979899139189 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 890 of 4259
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

  1. #881
    Fort Freak! funnygirl422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,591
    I heard the playback from last night's show on the radio this morning and what a difference it made. All but the final song that Carrie sang last night were done beautifully...not so much with Bo. He was so off tune on the Sweet Home Alabama song it was almost embarassing.

    It's safe to say that the better singer won this competition!

    I am so happy that Ford gave them both cars and I don't think either of them have anything to worry about career-wise!

  2. #882
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,491
    Too much twanging and yodeling for me in her style; the moment they announced that she'd won, I changed the station......but I still congratulate her.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  3. #883
    wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    375
    they were both talented and both would have made an awesome american idol, but i definitely prefer carrie over bo. i got teary eyed for the first time in american idol history when she almost started crying while singing
    Praise seitan!

  4. #884
    Proud Football MOM Footballmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    football stadiums "GO 60" GO SEAHAWKS!!!
    Posts
    231
    What a great AI season. Congratulations to Carrie. It is nice to have a talented sweet girl have her dream come true. I also want to say that I really enjoyed Bo and would not have been sad if he had won. I would love to see Carrie and Bo record and release a duet. They sound beautiful together. I think that they have a true friendship and will be cheering each other on. I KNOW that Bo will do well.

    I have read the message boards where people have been very strong on their opinions that Bo should have been the winner and go as far as saying that they will not be watching AI next season.
    I understand being disappointed that the person that you were rooting for did not win AI.......but the truth be told is that America voted and Carrie came out on top. Live with it.

    I was a Carrie fan from day one. I have become a huge Bo fan as well. Both of these very talented kids deserve the very best. I feel that way about Vonzell too.

    For today......it is all about Carrie. Way to go sweet girl!

  5. #885
    KC CHIEFS FANATIC WakkaDakka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    One Arrowhead Drive
    Age
    53
    Posts
    409
    I'll be watching Leno tonight to see her sing...

  6. #886
    Epesus
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay
    Too much twanging and yodeling for me in her style; the moment they announced that she'd won, I changed the station......but I still congratulate her.
    Me too, but I don't want to congratulate her. I'm such a nut.

  7. #887
    It Just Is. RubyRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by Footballmom

    I have read the message boards where people have been very strong on their opinions that Bo should have been the winner and go as far as saying that they will not be watching AI next season.
    I understand being disappointed that the person that you were rooting for did not win AI.......but the truth be told is that America voted and Carrie came out on top. Live with it.
    This happens every season. I wanted Diana to win last year and hated the manipulations to push Fantasia...but still I knew I'd be watching this year. It seems a little silly to make claims you'll never watch this show again!!


    I was a Carrie fan from day one. I have become a huge Bo fan as well. Both of these very talented kids deserve the very best. I feel that way about Vonzell too.

    For today......it is all about Carrie. Way to go sweet girl!
    Funny, I was a Bo fan from that first 5 second clip we saw in the Hollywood auditions. I remember thinking "Is he as great as I think he is". He was. It was kind of hard to tell in five seconds but my ears were really working that day! They are both great.

    I'm happy for Vonzell...she sounded and looked so beautiful in her duet.

    Carrie really shined last night and I loved the duet with Rascal Flatts. Anyone with an unbiased eye could see and hear she deserved to win.

  8. #888
    FORT Fogey wisgalb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    857
    Quote Originally Posted by Footballmom
    What a great AI season. Congratulations to Carrie. It is nice to have a talented sweet girl have her dream come true. I also want to say that I really enjoyed Bo and would not have been sad if he had won. I would love to see Carrie and Bo record and release a duet. They sound beautiful together. I think that they have a true friendship and will be cheering each other on. I KNOW that Bo will do well.

    I have read the message boards where people have been very strong on their opinions that Bo should have been the winner and go as far as saying that they will not be watching AI next season.
    I understand being disappointed that the person that you were rooting for did not win AI.......but the truth be told is that America voted and Carrie came out on top. Live with it.

    I was a Carrie fan from day one. I have become a huge Bo fan as well. Both of these very talented kids deserve the very best. I feel that way about Vonzell too.

    For today......it is all about Carrie. Way to go sweet girl!
    I so agree with you I have to say because of all the negative response regarding Carrie, really made me vote like I never would of done. At my age ...spending 4 hrs on the phone is ridiculous but hey it was worth it

  9. #889
    FORTified Chach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    714
    I want to say congrats to Carrie. She wasn't my favorite performer in AI4 [Nadia was] but Carrie is certainly a worthy winner and is exactly the type of person AI was designed to find.

    I was glad AI raised the age limit and relaxed the requirements re professional experience, because that brought us people like Bo, Connie and Nadia and raised the level of the competition. On the other hand, you could say that these people have been in the business for a while and have already had their shot to make it. Carrie wasn't as experienced, and while that hurt her sometimes to be compared to more polished performers, it also is part of her appeal. Record producers have to love the idea of having such a talented, moldable performer. When you think about a Cinderella story, this girl is Cinderella, alright.

  10. #890
    FORT Fogey BubbleBunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,569
    Congratulations to Carrie! I loved both Bo and Carrie but I'm glad that she pulled through and showed to all the doubters that she can show emotion in a song and deserved to win. I wish both her and Bo the best of luck in their careers.
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.