+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 424 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798138188 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

I just reran the tape from last night and I thought that Carrie was even better than I realized. I agree with Simon about her winning. She should win. To many of us her being a Country singer is a definite plus.

Congrats to Carrie, but Bo will sell more records than her. The curse of Clay and Ruben had repeated again

Carrie will do VERY well. There are many people that would buy her CD country or pop. There are tons of cross over Country singers. And you cannot base anything on Carrie on stage in Idol. She didn't have the on stage experience that Bo had and therefore wasn't able to relax and connect with the audience where most could. I truly felt that she was nervous. Week to week she did TONS better then Bo did or any of the others. There was a reason why she didn't end up in the bottom at all.

I don't find her cold or robotic in anyway.. GO CARRIE
    If you want to know the character of a man, find out what his cat thinks of him. - Anonymous

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by LiVvV
    Congrats to Carrie, but Bo will sell more records than her. The curse of Clay and Ruben had repeated again

if bo does outsell it'll only be like 50,000 or less give or take several thousand. that 50 sounds a lot but when its like 450,000 for bo and 400,000 for carrie its minor. not much difference there.

honestly don't think bo will destroy carrie in sales (well according to what other people are claiming).

people underestimate the power of country music.

Quote Originally Posted by bell
    if bo does outsell it'll only be like 50,000 or less give or take several thousand. that 50 sounds a lot but when its like 450,000 for bo and 400,000 for carrie its minor. not much difference there.

honestly don't think bo will destroy carrie in sales (well according to what other people are claiming).

people underestimate the power of country music.
    it's not the music style that I think it's the factor. I just don't think she will be up there with Clay and Kelly. Well for example just look at Fantasia and Diana from last season. They did good, but they are still not up there with Clay and Kelly. Well I do hope Carrie will do well.

I believe that the difference for Carrie lies in the fact that:

COUNTRY FANS ARE LOYAL.
    We are loyal to our star performers, and our country.

This is "American Idol" The country fans that watch this show have supported Josh Gracin (who was insulted again and again on idol) and watched as he has become a great country star who is not only at the top of the charts but on our radio stations, country music television and in our cd cases.

Last night that loyalty was shown again in the votes. While I enjoy Bo very much, I'm afraid that the majority of his core fan base is not as dedicated or determined. Before you start throwing things, I have no doubt that they will turn out in droves to see his performances and buy his records. It would be silly to say the man can't put on a show. I'd be tempted to go see him just so I could laugh when he does that little jump and throws his hair around at the end of a song. (note: that did NOT say laugh AT him) I think he is cute in his own way and I believe the man does have a heart of gold.

Anyway, IMHO.............
    Carrie will always have a loyal core fan base, as long as she stays true to herself and her country. (ughh....remembering the Dixie Chicks and their huge mistake in that area)

Hope to see all you fans in line to buy her CD.
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by LiVvV
    it's not the music style that I think it's the factor. I just don't think she will be up there with Clay and Kelly. Well for example just look at Fantasia and Diana from last season. They did good, but they are still not up there with Clay and Kelly. Well I do hope Carrie will do well.

clay and kelly are adult/pop (carrie more on rock/pop now) which is alright...which save them is that they are incredible singers than others in that genre like avril, hilary, ashlee singers. fantasia is r&b/gospel...in the r&b genre its more of the sex appeal like ashanti & beyonce type....which isn't fantasia. she's more of the gospel genre (which she excels at). diana, good singer, just too bad her management just rushed out her cd and let it be without helping her out. they just let it died out.

i do believe if she stayed true to her roots (which she says is country...and she is very adamant about it) she'll sell well. very well. as usual...as AI winer her 1st album/cd everyone will be checking out what kind of music AI/19E will make her do.

Anya | Kata | Aimee so into you's Avatar
    I'm glad that Carrie won, but, I don't know. Still on the fence on her. I want to hear more of Bo, but that sweet American look on Carrie just attracts me so much. :S
    beauty is only skin deep.

Congratulations Carrie!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I liked Carrie from the beginning and was thrilled she made it to the final 2 with Bo. This is the first season IMO that the final 2 actually DESERVED to be there. Carrie is a beautiful girl with a tremendous voice, all she needs is a little more stage presence (which will come especially with the tour). I like Carrie, I just prefer Bo's type more.

Congratulations Carrie No matter what anyone says, you deserve this title....Be proud of it. I hope you have a very long future in the recording business. I will be buying your first single and your CD.
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 05-26-2005 at 10:45 AM.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread