+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 423 FirstFirst ... 37777879808182838485868788899091929394959697137187 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

It is definately apples and oranges and some days I like one or the other or both!!

To criticize either when it is a matter of choice is silly! Minds were made up long ago...and now we just wait for the results. 50% plus or minus will happy or sad no matter what happens.

But 100% should take happiness that both these people will be realizing a dream by furthering their singling careers.

I was disappointed with Carrie last night.
    Admittedly, I'm not generally a fan of hers, but I expected better of her.
    It was bum notes, shouting and unnecessary glory-noting all the way last night, imo.

Having said that, I still wouldn't be surprised if she won.

I think it's easier to pinpoint what's appealing about Carrie, sweet nature, good looks, good voice.
    People seemed to like her right from the start.

I thought Carrie sang beautifully last night. Whoever has complained that she lacks emotion in her singing was proved wrong -- I got chills listening to a couple of those numbers.

The soundtrack to my evening:

"Hey, thanks for voting for me, Carrie, on American Idol, sponsored in part by Cingular Wireless."
    "Hey, thanks for voting for me, Carrie, on American Idol, sponsored in part by Cingular Wireless."

I got chills listening to a couple of those numbers.
    Her last song got to me for some reason...I don't know if it was because you could feel the emotion from her or whether it was a perfect song for her to be singing...did anyone else notice Simon watching the audience while she was singing? It was like he was trying to get a read of how the audience was responding to her...anyone else see this?

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WakkaDakka
    Her last song got to me for some reason...I don't know if it was because you could feel the emotion from her or whether it was a perfect song for her to be singing...did anyone else notice Simon watching the audience while she was singing? It was like he was trying to get a read of how the audience was responding to her...anyone else see this?
    I notice Simon usually doing that. He said in an interview before that he doesn't watch the performer but rather the reaction from the audience.

I wanted to vote for Carrie last night but my girlfriend took my cell phone from me and proceeded to vote for Bo all night (with two phones!) I'm okay with either one of them winning, it could've been worse- Mikalah!

Quote Originally Posted by castingdirector
    Whoever has complained that she lacks emotion in her singing was proved wrong -- I got chills listening to a couple of those numbers.
    I disagree.
    I simply don't get emotion from Carrie.
    That doesn't make those of us that don't feel it wrong and those that do right.
    It's all about opinion, there is no right or wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723
    Does anybody else see the direction they are pushing Carrie, into cookie cutter pop boring like everyone else? Why can't they let her do the style of music she does best. I was bored by her first and third songs, enjoyed Independence Day but wish they would let her sing all of it. Is she better than Bo? It's like comparing apples and oranges, it's just what you prefer.
    I understand what you are saying about the songs they picked for both of them last night being somewhat out of the preferred styles. But, seeing as how they are bringing on Rascal Flatts for Carrie to sing with tonight, I believe that they know on which side Carries bread is buttered. I think she will be in the studio with a distinctly country producer & musicians & I think she will do just fine.
    I must add that her last song last night was IMO an incredible vocal. I think at the end when the tears started she was just so relieved that the roller coaster had ended & that she was now on the road to her career. I thought it was a brilliant ending to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    I notice Simon usually doing that. He said in an interview before that he doesn't watch the performer but rather the reaction from the audience.

I wanted to vote for Carrie last night but my girlfriend took my cell phone from me and proceeded to vote for Bo all night (with two phones!) I'm okay with either one of them winning, it could've been worse- Mikalah!
    Your girlfriend took your cell phone? And you have a Darth Vader avatar? I say trade it in for a C3PO!! Just kidding, I'm a Carrie supporter but I won't be at all disappointed with a Bo victory. They both deserve it.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    I must add that her last song last night was IMO an incredible vocal. I think at the end when the tears started she was just so relieved that the roller coaster had ended & that she was now on the road to her career. I thought it was a brilliant ending to the show.
    Although I am a Bo person...I agree with your assessment of Carrie...I don't think that was the "sympathy" tears...I truly think she was just relieved and she knew how appropriate those words were for her. I think that was more emotion I had seen from her all season. Although there were parts that were off, overall I think she did a really good job on that one song. I had heard it previously by Guy Sebastian and knew that Carrie had the potential to do really well on that song. (Tho I have to admit in the back of my mind, I thought Vonzell would have been awesome on this song also!)
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I just think that a Carrie win would cut out a large group of listeners who aren't into country music. Having said that, I also know that there are huge groups of country music lovers. I think Bo can do it all, as needed.

That's called universality!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread