+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 423 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596136186 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Epesus
    I think Carrie's performances tonight were semi-great, but Bo is greater.

/me hides.

Regardless what happens tonight, I wish Carrie the best of luck!

Please don't go breaking Anthony's heart!

I enjoy FORTplay JayPea Patches's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    Hey JayPea, I have to agree that the last song by Carrie was truly beautiful & I wouldn't be at all surprised if it became a big hit. What vocal ability this young lady has. Just imagine when she gets into the studio with a vocal coach. Her future is limitless win or lose.
    "Angels Brought Me Here" was really poignant I must add. It truly represents her innermost feelings I am quite sure, and her slight crack at the end exemplified that. Carrie is a most beautiful person, and her singing will bring her to heights never before imagined. What a wonderful story we have in both Bo and Carrie, and I wouldn't be the least surprised that they perform in duets in the near future. Their contrasting vocals will be magnificent!

BTW, after hearing "Angels" last night, I was "forced" to vote for Carrie "numerous" times!
    "An apple a day may keep the doctor at bay" ... but on top of that, an Apple™ consumer won't get any viruses either!!!

Leo
    Premium Member
    Last night was not Carrie's best night, but I still thought she was great. The first song - I agree with Randy. Bad start, but she improved markedly by the end. Independence Day - well, she's country. The winner's song - wow. Just when you think you've seen how much power Carrie's singing voice has, she cranks it up another notch. If she wins tonight, that song will have a lot to do with it.

I'm convinced & have to agree with Simon that Carrie will end up selling a lot more cd's than Bo.

Quote Originally Posted by WakkaDakka
    I'm convinced & have to agree with Simon that Carrie will end up selling a lot more cd's than Bo.

I recall Simon's comment but mistook what he apparently said. I thought he meant she would sell more CD's than any other Idol (Kelly, Clay, Ruben, Fantasia, etc.). He just meant Season 4 contestants?

Leo
    Premium Member
    I'm pretty sure he meant any AI contestant (not just this season), but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    I'm pretty sure he meant any AI contestant (not just this season), but I could be wrong.
    I believe he said "all previous Idol winners combined" actually. But it was definitely about previous contestants, not about Bo or anyone this season.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I thought both singers had a mediocre night last night. Neither really outshined the other. Sour notes were shared property, unfortunately. Oh well..........on to the next season!

On another subject: Do they have the worst/best auditions available on DVD in the rental stores?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Does anybody else see the direction they are pushing Carrie, into cookie cutter pop boring like everyone else? Why can't they let her do the style of music she does best. I was bored by her first and third songs, enjoyed Independence Day but wish they would let her sing all of it. Is she better than Bo? It's like comparing apples and oranges, it's just what you prefer.

+ Reply to Thread