+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 429 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495135185 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by felix
    By reaching the final 2, Carrie has truly proven her popularity as a performer. Personally, it does not matter to me whether Carrie wins the title. Remember, Clay is doing better than Ruben.

Carrie definitely has a prosperous future ahead of her. Her fans have stuck by her the whole season, keeping Carrie out of the bottom 3 (an accomplishment indeed!). Carrie for me is the most recognisable contestant in AI4. Remember her Audition? Even then, I could tell that this girl would go far in the competition. Simon thought the same way, apparently.

Despite her critics (Of which were legion), her fans have prevailed against all odds to bring Carrie to this exalted position. Congratulations, people!

Carrie hits those "money" notes with ease. Even compared to Vonzell, I think Carrie was slightly better. She is pretty, wholesome and (most importantly) marketable.

Despite being a Carrie supporter, I also have to admit that Bo is a fantastic contestant. Even I was impressed by his "unplugged" performance this week.
    There will be no shame if Carrie loses to him. I wish him the best.

Good luck, Carrie! Your future is bright. I was never a fan of American Idol, but this season you made all the difference. Just have fun! Enjoy your spotlight.

You have deserved it!
    This is a great post. I agree. I have rooted for them both since the beginning, although I was a bigger Carrie fan. Now, I don't really care who wins because I think they are both great and they both deserve it.
    Proud mommy to Tessa Kate
    http://stores.ebay.com/tamarastreasurechest

I've been listening to some of the mp3s of performances and I have to say Carrie sounds fantastic. She sounds so much better than most of the studio produced, software enhanced songsters of today. These are live performances...pure voice without the advantage of studio tricks. Awesome. Some of the things I noticed just just listening to the voices:

1) The big standouts are Carrie, Bo & Jessica. (yes Jessica Serria - remember her?) None of them would need a lot of studio magic to record an album. Vonzell is good but still needs a lot of work to get those screeches & many flat notes out.

2) A-Fed sounds pretty good. So good in fact I'm considering buying his Cd "Cheesey Ballads of All Time" when it comes out.

3) Bo and Nadia have the best rock voices. They rock!

4) While most of us diss the judges as sport around here, I now seriously question their judgement. There are several Carrie performances that got slammed, and yet, when I listen these performances her voice is incredible...while Vonzell, who sounds flat, screechie and off pitch gets praised excessively. It seems like Randy and especially Paula were so biased in favor of Vonzzie that it seriously affected what they were hearing. (I could say the same about the bias towards Bo over Constantine...Connie isn't nearly as good as Bo but he holds his own anyway...But he also got blasted a lot) These recordings don't lie but sometimes the judges do.

5) My favorite Carrie performances are Alone & Crying. I think the Alone recording is a must for every Carrie fan.

6) Carrie has a natural instinct of what to sing. I'm not so sure the judges do in spite of their experience. I hope Carrie listens to her heart.

I don't trust AI to manage her career especially if she comes in second. AI has a way of treating the second place winners really badly IMO, mainly because they have an agenda to make sure the 2nd place winner doesn't out-shine the winner.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed
    4) While most of us diss the judges as sport around here, I now seriously question their judgement. There are several Carrie performances that got slammed, and yet, when I listen these performances her voice is incredible...while Vonzell, who sounds flat, screechie and off pitch gets praised excessively. It seems like Randy and especially Paula were so biased in favor of Vonzzie that it seriously affected what they were hearing. (I could say the same about the bias towards Bo over Constantine...Connie isn't nearly as good as Bo but he holds his own anyway...But he also got blasted a lot) These recordings don't lie but sometimes the judges do.
    While I agree with just about everything you said, I wanted to comment on the above. I have every performance, from the week that Carrie sang "Alone" until the present, on TIVO. I have listened to every Bo, Carrie and Vonzell performance without watching, trying to hear with an unbiased ear. If I listen to Bo, I enjoy it, but I'm not blown away. Obviously, some performances are better than others, but he relies heavily on his performance skills to please his audience. When I listen to Vonzell, I really hear the pitch problems that are less noticeable when I am actually watching the performance. When I listen to Carrie, I hear a pure, unadulterated, beautiful voice. I understand that the voice sometimes gets overlooked because her performances aren't as dynamic as the others. If it comes down to whose music I am going to buy, it's going to be the person whose voice thrills me when I'm in my car, or at work on my computer or cleaning house - I'm not nearly as concerned about stage performance. Stage performance can be worked on and improved with a little coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres
    While I agree with just about everything you said, I wanted to comment on the above. I have every performance, from the week that Carrie sang "Alone" until the present, on TIVO. I have listened to every Bo, Carrie and Vonzell performance without watching, trying to hear with an unbiased ear. If I listen to Bo, I enjoy it, but I'm not blown away. Obviously, some performances are better than others, but he relies heavily on his performance skills to please his audience. When I listen to Vonzell, I really hear the pitch problems that are less noticeable when I am actually watching the performance. When I listen to Carrie, I hear a pure, unadulterated, beautiful voice. I understand that the voice sometimes gets overlooked because her performances aren't as dynamic as the others. If it comes down to whose music I am going to buy, it's going to be the person whose voice thrills me when I'm in my car, or at work on my computer or cleaning house - I'm not nearly as concerned about stage performance. Stage performance can be worked on and improved with a little coaching.

Well, the same goes for me too. I downloaded the performances to decide who I'll vote for. After listening to both Bo & Carrie I decided to vote for Carrie. I always found her voice mesmerizing but after listening to all her clips I think she is totally awesome. All the buzz about Carrie "not feeling" the words isn't apparent here. If people just heard these recordings over the radio, without preconceived ideas, no one could say she doesn't feel her songs. Some of them are searing...

The up side for me is if Carrie doesn't win I'll be happy with Bo. Although, I'm a little concerned of how this finale will play out. It looks at though Bo is already being touted as the winner and it looks like (I hope I'm sensing things wrong) they will make sure Carrie doesn't win. I read on another thread that Simon & Randy said on a TV show, that Carrie doesn't perform well on her other songs if she gets criticized and wondered - Are they planning on criticizing her on her first performance regardless of how well she does? It would make it easier to criticize the next performances. Add to that, that Paula said on another show that the 1% dividing the contestants was between Vonzell and Carrie, and indicated Bo was way ahead of them both. Given the fact AI has always kept the voting totals tightly under wraps you have to wonder why Paula would mention this now, especially a few days before the finale. Lastly, the way she has been slammed for performances that were better, IMHO, than Vonzell's, you begin to get a little paranoid that they are trying to make a dent in the Carrie fanbase (and it's been working) to manipulate the outcome.

I don't mind if Carrie places second to Bo but I'll be angry if I see the judges trying to thwart the votes by dissing Carrie even when she gives a great performance.

It's becoming a littlefamiliar for me, like last year when Diana began to get negative feed back and press because they didn't want her to win. It didn't matter how well she performed and how much she poured her heart into it...the decision had been made. There was no way she was going to win.

Carrie fans, I found this article. It's from the Rascal Flatts website.
    http://www.rascalflatts.com/news.aspx?ni=221&pi=1

AMERICAN IDOL 2-Hour Season Finale, Part II, Results Show”

Multi-platinum act RASCAL FLATTS will perform during this week’s “AMERICAN IDOL 2-Hour Season Finale, Part II, Results Show” Wednesday night, May 25, 8-10pm ET, LIVE from the Kodak Theater in Hollywood. The twelve-time awarded Vocal Group will sing “Bless The Broken Road,” their 6-week #1 single from current double platinum selling album FEELS LIKE TODAY, with finalist Carrie Underwood.

This show is the most anticipated night of the season with 2 finalists (Carrie Underwood and Bo Bice), and one will be named AMERICAN IDOL. Previous Top 10 finalists also reunite during this show just before the newest AMERICAN IDOL is crowned. For more information go to www.idolonfox.com.

Underwood performed the song earlier in the season and RASCAL FLATTS become the only vocal guest artist to be invited to the show.

Thanks RubyRed!

I'm very excited about tonight and keeping my fingers crossed for Carrie.

I enjoy FORTplay JayPea Patches's Avatar

Carrie by a nose ... ???

Quote Originally Posted by wisgalb
    Thanks RubyRed!

I'm very excited about tonight and keeping my fingers crossed for Carrie.
    Ditto for me too ... for me it was a real tossup the first two songs. Bo's second was very good, but Carrie's first was better. IMHO, both singers were nervous the first couple of songs and there was no clearcut favorite.

But on Carrie's final song, "Angels Brought Me Here", that one really struck a chord (pun intended) with me. It was almost like hearing Kelly Clarkson's first big hit "A Moment Like This", as it had that kind of emotion and feel. This song, IMHO, is going to be a chart-topper for Carrie, I believe.

Her performance was nearly impeccable, and I watched it twice to be sure I wasn't getting carried away in the moment. About halfway through I said to myself "brilliant", and told my family after the song ended that she just might have won the competition with that song, it was that good.

Just to summarize, I believe that Carrie's last song may have given her the edge tonight.
    Last edited by JayPea Patches; 05-25-2005 at 03:17 AM.
    "An apple a day may keep the doctor at bay" ... but on top of that, an Apple™ consumer won't get any viruses either!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JayPea Patches
    Her performance was nearly impeccable, and I watched it twice to be sure I wasn't getting carried away in the moment.
    Pun intended?

I agree, both of them looked nervous tonight but probably due to the sappy insipid ballads that were chosen for them. The song choices were beyond awful!
    I think Carrie's overall performance tonight was decent, but hardly spectacular. Her voice sounded strained for most of the night but she did make up for it through her glory notes.

Hey JayPea, I have to agree that the last song by Carrie was truly beautiful & I wouldn't be at all surprised if it became a big hit. What vocal ability this young lady has. Just imagine when she gets into the studio with a vocal coach. Her future is limitless win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by WomynLee
    Pun intended?
    I think Carrie's overall performance tonight was decent, but hardly spectacular. Her voice sounded strained for most of the night but she did make up for it through her glory notes.
    I thought Carrie was off-key several times last night. The background music drowned a lot of it out. Whoever wins though, I wish them the best of luck. They are BOTH stars to have made it this far.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread