+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 429 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192132182 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Mark me down as one person who thinks Carrie can hold her own against Bo. I don't see the robot in Carrie that so many others claim to see. I think Carrie is more uncomfortable on stage at this time in her career, and this is where Bo has a big edge because he is a lot more comfortable up there. If Carrie can relax enough she could take the crown. At least I'll be happy if either one of them wins this time around. They both so different from one another it will make an interesting finale.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed
    Mark me down as one person who thinks Carrie can hold her own against Bo. I don't see the robot in Carrie that so many others claim to see. I think Carrie is more uncomfortable on stage at this time in her career, and this is where Bo has a big edge because he is a lot more comfortable up there. If Carrie can relax enough she could take the crown. At least I'll be happy if either one of them wins this time around. They both so different from one another it will make an interesting finale.

RubyRed, I agree with you. While I will be voting for Bo next week. I would be happy with either of them winning. They are both exceptional singers. Carrie has shown this week that she isn't as uncomfortable on the stage as some are saying. Good luck to her.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I said it before and I'll say it again. I don't see how wandering around a stage and making thrusting motions with a mike stand and doing karate kicks = stage presence? Bo is more comfortable on stage, but he and his band have been doing it for quite a while.

I think Carrie it a better vocalist by far. She has range and is able to go from one to the other almost effortlessly...not so much for Bo.

Bo is cool and I like what he's added to a very cookie cutter competition, but I think Carrie is probably a better choice for AI.

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    I said it before and I'll say it again. I don't see how wandering around a stage and making thrusting motions with a mike stand and doing karate kicks = stage presence?

I missed AI last night but thanks for the visual Funnygirl!
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by E-Daddy
    That's exactly what I've been prechin' about. Simon all along was setting Carrie up to win this thing and (unlike Fantasia) the fact is -- she isn't the best performer! I was appalled at the fact when Simon said that she will sell more records than any other AI and when he said that she had the "IT" factor! In my eyes, she has the "NO" factor! I know that was ages ago but it still rings in my mind -- every single bloody word!!! But now, it looks like Carrie is going downhill and could be sent home tonight!!! I DO NOT hate her, in fact she is a nice, charismatic person and I have more respect for her than I do Diana (from AI3). But the fact is, she is not the breadwinner of the group anymore -- Bo is!!!
    I have to disagree too. Carrie does have the IT factor. She drew me in with her first audition. It's not her fault that Simon said she would win it. He did pimp Fantasia last year, too. Carrie is the better singer of the two of them, and this is a singing competition, not just a performing competition.
    Proud mommy to Tessa Kate
    http://stores.ebay.com/tamarastreasurechest

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed
    I'm so happy we're getting a Bo/Carrie final! For the first time I can just enjoy it and not give a hang who wins...either will be okay with me, and either will do fine win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    I said it before and I'll say it again. I don't see how wandering around a stage and making thrusting motions with a mike stand and doing karate kicks = stage presence? Bo is more comfortable on stage, but he and his band have been doing it for quite a while.

I think Carrie it a better vocalist by far. She has range and is able to go from one to the other almost effortlessly...not so much for Bo.

Bo is cool and I like what he's added to a very cookie cutter competition, but I think Carrie is probably a better choice for AI.
    Now I have to disagree. I thought Carrie was very flat last night when she did the song..."United we Stand"..with the other two contestants. She was really off-key. I cringed when she couldn't hit a few of the notes. I think Bo has stayed consistently on tune, and really has the knack for performing/singing.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by writergirl26
    I have to disagree too. Carrie does have the IT factor. She drew me in with her first audition. It's not her fault that Simon said she would win it. He did pimp Fantasia last year, too. Carrie is the better singer of the two of them, and this is a singing competition, not just a performing competition.
    You're right, she does have the IT factor. Carrie has had to weather the storm of having Simon run his mouth in her favor. While Simon's word carries no more weight than any of the other judges, he certainly can turn the masses against any particular contestant that he favors. Carrie is just as deserving as Bo and if she should win it would be in spite of Simon, not because of him.
    Bo is also very good. I just can't stand all that running around, flopping the hair in his face and carrying that mic stand. Makes you wonder if he were made to stand perfectly still could he even get a note out.
    Last edited by Muduh; 05-19-2005 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    Bo is also very good. I just can't stand all that running around, flopping the hair in his face and carrying that mic stand. Makes you wonder if he were made to stand perfectly still could he even get a note out.
    He certainly seemed to do just that during his a capella song Tuesday/Wednesday night...

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002
    Now I have to disagree. I thought Carrie was very flat last night when she did the song..."United we Stand"..with the other two contestants. She was really off-key. I cringed when she couldn't hit a few of the notes. I think Bo has stayed consistently on tune, and really has the knack for performing/singing.
    though i'm a bo fan out of these 2 finalists, i have to say that i thought carrie was trying not to cry when they started singing. it would be hard to sing well when choking back tears.

+ Reply to Thread