+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 420 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182838485868788899091131181 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

The only shock to me would be Bo going home, and I don't see that happening. I think Carrie was ahead of Vonzie until last night, and Vonzell outperformed her. So I wouldn't be shocked if either of the girls went home.

Maybe the "shocker" will be that Paula's sober.

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    I am no Carrie fan at all, but I thought she did really well with the first two songs last night. I didn't like the third one at all. "Crying" may be the best I've seen from her.

I think Carrie's biggest problem is that Simon practically announced that she would win this thing before it even started, and then when I finally saw her, I was less than impressed. I know others felt the same way. While she isn't my favorite, I can admit that she is far from being the worst of the group. When that happens, and then what-do-you-know, there she is in the finals, it really makes you feel like it is rigged. I'm not screaming "conspiracy" here, it just felt like favoritism to me since the beginning. The same thing has happened in other seasons. I wish the judges wouldn't be so vocal about who their favorites are.
    That's exactly what I've been prechin' about. Simon all along was setting Carrie up to win this thing and (unlike Fantasia) the fact is -- she isn't the best performer! I was appalled at the fact when Simon said that she will sell more records than any other AI and when he said that she had the "IT" factor! In my eyes, she has the "NO" factor! I know that was ages ago but it still rings in my mind -- every single bloody word!!! But now, it looks like Carrie is going downhill and could be sent home tonight!!! I DO NOT hate her, in fact she is a nice, charismatic person and I have more respect for her than I do Diana (from AI3). But the fact is, she is not the breadwinner of the group anymore -- Bo is!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan
    Better her than Bo! If there is indeed a shocker it would mean either Bo or Carrie, because so many expect Vonzy to be leaving & if she does that would not be a shock. OH God get me thru this night!
    Amen to that BoBo....help me get thru this night....my nerves can't take it!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by WakkaDakka
    There's supposedly a "shocker" tonight....would that mean Carrie goes home tonight?
    A shocker?! I really hope so!!! I do not want Carrie in the fianle 2 at all!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

E-daddy...I disagree!
    Carrie will succeed even if she is some how voted off tonight. And I predict her success will far exceed either of the other contestants in the long run!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Chach
    Maybe the "shocker" will be that Paula's sober.
    Now that would be a shocker!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cabernetCally
    E-daddy...I disagree!
    Carrie will succeed even if she is some how voted off tonight. And I predict her success will far exceed either of the other contestants in the long run!
    I have to agree with you Cally. Some folks just seem to discount the Country Music industry & think that an American Idol just has to be a screaming mimi to succeed. I am a Carrie fan but I won't be disappointed if she leaves tonight because then maybe some of the backlash would end.

razorbacker... it might actually be better for her to go tonight because then she would not be tied to the 19 Entertainment contract and be free to go elsewhere. I'm sure record lables are chomping at the bit to sign her if she does not win! Comparing her to Bo is apples and oranges anyway!

If she does go I will feel sorry for Vonzell.....not sure if she can beat Bo!

Where had the rumor come from their is a "shocker" tonight? Last week there were credible sounding rumors Carrie was going home and she's still here. Hasn't been in the bottom 3 one time.

If it's true there is a shocking surprise it would have to be Carrie or Bo. Everyone seems to assume Bo will be in the final two and that tells me a lot of people may not have voted for him...I think this is what happened to Constantine.

I'll look on the bright side if Carrie gets the boot tonight. It's true she'll get some kind of deal and maybe have more flexibility than she would with 19E.

Quote Originally Posted by E-Daddy
    But now, it looks like Carrie is going downhill and could be sent home tonight!!! I DO NOT hate her, in fact she is a nice, charismatic person and I have more respect for her than I do Diana (from AI3). But the fact is, she is not the breadwinner of the group anymore -- Bo is!!!
    E-Daddy, I have a hard time comparing the two. Diana was a 16 year-old girl while Carrie is almost 22 years old. I am curious why you respect her more? Carrie has more professional experience. Carrie is prettier But what else?

+ Reply to Thread