+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 424 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081121171 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by felix
    I totally agree. Nevertheless, I've got a bad feeling about tonight. The hate for Carrie on some of the other idol boards is astounding. Carrie rocks!

I agree. I guess its like being the teachers pet. I've also noticed people focus their anger on her when one of their favorites gets voted off, like its her fault...

FORT Fogey
    Carrie has a wonderful voice but the sad fact is that you don't need to have one to make it in Hollywood. That is what TAPE RECORDERS and TAPE EDITORS are for.

There is this wonderful thing called the "Dyaxis" that can take anything you say and turn it into "I am a terrorist and I want to confess." The FBI bought a ton of them. They are Mac-based voice editing machines and they have been around for over a decade. Very pro-audio and not cheap, but hey! That's how hit records are made!

Carrie totally lacks the stage presence to win this competition. She is so totally dead on stage it's sad! She doesn't connect with the lyrics she is singing! She has a great voice but she lacks that *thing* that can make a great voice a wonderful performer. It's so sad that she can't have her vocal chords blended with Vonzell's behavior.

At this point, knowing that music can be recorded to come out perfect regardless of the singer, I would go with Vonzell since she has the stage presence Carrie lacks.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by leeinsmyrna
    First off...I want Bo to win. But with that being said.....I MUST BE DEAF! I actually thought that Carrie did a great job on that 2nd song!! But I have read on here, over and over, that everyone thought she was bad. True, she did slow it down a bit and made it more country-sounding....but I thought she was FANTASTIC!

Just my $0.02 worth...
    I thought she sang it beautifully, but I wasn't happy with the arrangement - the timing felt wrong to me. Her voice is just wonderful.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by gracie727
    She has a great voice but she lacks that *thing* that can make a great voice a wonderful performer. It's so sad that she can't have her vocal chords blended with Vonzell's behavior.
    No huge argument here. However, you're forgetting something important.

Remember Travis Tucker from the semifinals? He was the Anti-Carrie from every angle. He had a natural stage presence, a winning smile, great dance moves, and he really connected with the audience. His one minor flaw was that he couldn't sing.

It takes time, but you can teach a Carrie to command a stage almost as well as a Travis. But it's much harder to teach a Travis to sing like a Carrie. Just has to do with the vocal hardware we're each born with. In the meantime, a record company can make a bundle just by plopping Carrie in the studio and having her cut CDs.

FORT Fanatic

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by leeinsmyrna
    First off...I want Bo to win. But with that being said.....I MUST BE DEAF! I actually thought that Carrie did a great job on that 2nd song!! But I have read on here, over and over, that everyone thought she was bad. True, she did slow it down a bit and made it more country-sounding....but I thought she was FANTASTIC!

Just my $0.02 worth...

She made that song her own and I loved the twang in her voice.
    Sometimes I swear the judges are deaf. But they have admitted that how it sounds live is not always the way it sounds on TV.

I mean Paula and Randy could not promote Vonzell anymore if they wanted to. Talk about favouritism. It's almost as if they are trying to use Vonzell to boot off Carrie. Just my opinion.

I mean Paula and Randy could not promote Vonzell anymore if they wanted to. Talk about favouritism. It's almost as if they are trying to use Vonzell to boot off Carrie.
    Couldn't agree more...Vonzell has to scream when she sings & Carrie doesn't have to struggle at all. I don't like it when people look like they are screaming when they sing. I think singing ought to look natural & free-flowing.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I agree with all you guys about Carrie's singing. She has an absolutely amazing voice....very natural and pure.

I want to rally all the Carrie fans here:

If you want her in the final 2....YOU NEED TO VOTE YOUR LITTLE FINGERS OFF. I personally would love to see a Bo/Carrie finale.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

http://www.muskogeephoenix.com/apps/...EWS01/50511004

Carrie, a top three, returns home

By Clifton Adcock
    Muskogee(OK) Phoenix Staff Writer

* WHAT: Carrie Underwood comes home to Checotah.
    * WHERE: Checotah.
    * WHEN: Underwood is scheduled arrive in Checotah around 11:30 a.m. Friday and will lead a parade to Pocket Park, where she is scheduled to perform the national anthem. At noon, she is scheduled to go from the park to People's National Bank's hospitality room, and at 2:30 p.m. will travel via limousine to the Checotah Wal-Mart for an autograph signing until 3:30 p.m.

Instead of coach, Checotah native Carrie Underwood will be flying in style on a private jet to visit her hometown after breaking into the final three contestants on Fox Television's "American Idol."

Underwood is scheduled to fly home and make appearances in Tulsa and Checotah on Friday.

Contestants on the show Wednesday night were presented with two situations, fly on a private jet home as one of the top three for filming for next week's show, or get a one-way coach ticket home if they were eliminated.

It appears contestant Anthony Fedorov will be flying coach, as he was eliminated from the competition.

Now, only Underwood, Bo Bice and Vonzell Solomon remain in what started out as a field of more than 100,000.

The Checotah Police Department is gearing up for Underwood's arrival, and expects a big crowd.

"We don't know how many people will be there. No one (at the police department) can take off," dispatcher Kathy McGee said. "This is one of those things where we could be totally swamped."

During the show, contestants were shown their first audition for "Idol," in which Underwood sang "I Can't Make You Love Me," originally performed by Bonnie Raitt.

Host Ryan Seacrest asked judge Simon Cowell, who early on said Underwood was a favorite to win the competition, if he was surprised she had not yet been discovered.

"A little bit," Cowell said. "When the auditions were finished, she was one of the few I remembered."

Seacrest asked Cowell about his prediction Underwood would win.

"I'll stick with my prediction," Cowell said. "She's in the top four and stands a good chance to win the competition."

Underwood is set to perform again Tuesday at 7 p.m. on the Fox network. A number will be provided during the show for audience members to call in votes.

The contestant with the lowest number of votes will be kicked off the show Wednesday, putting two contestants in the finale scheduled for May 25.

You can reach reporter Clifton Adcock at 684-2926 or cadcock@muskogeephoenix.com.

Originally published May 12, 2005

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by dpiranha
    Remember Travis Tucker from the semifinals? He was the Anti-Carrie from every angle. He had a natural stage presence, a winning smile, great dance moves, and he really connected with the audience. His one minor flaw was that he couldn't sing.

It takes time, but you can teach a Carrie to command a stage almost as well as a Travis. But it's much harder to teach a Travis to sing like a Carrie. Just has to do with the vocal hardware we're each born with. In the meantime, a record company can make a bundle just by plopping Carrie in the studio and having her cut CDs.
    Heh heh heh... You got me there! This is the first time I've watched AI but I think any of the three remaining would be a good Idol, for one reason or another, and I think it is pretty certain they will all get a chance to cut records after this.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by WakkaDakka
    Couldn't agree more...Vonzell has to scream when she sings & Carrie doesn't have to struggle at all. I don't like it when people look like they are screaming when they sing. I think singing ought to look natural & free-flowing.
    That's a pretty spot-on assessment.

+ Reply to Thread