+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 423 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980120170 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Lex
    Holy cow was Carrie awful last night. If she had sung like she did on the second song earlier in the season, I don't think she would've made it this far.

Carrie doesn't seem to love singing, like the other contestants do.

Last night for the first time I heard Carrie sing badly...I can't see her leaving after only one bad performance all year though...come on the rest have had multiple bad performances & never got booted.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WakkaDakka
    Last night for the first time I heard Carrie sing badly...I can't see her leaving after only one bad performance all year though...come on the rest have had multiple bad performances & never got booted.

I can't see her leaving either. My husband was voting for her on his cell phone (this is the first time in all 4 seasons that he voted. He actually made fun of me during season 2 for what he said wasting my time) and he never got through once.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Newbie
    Is it just me, but does anyone else think that Carrie's image consultant should be fired? She's a very pretty girl, but some of the clothing and make-up they've had on her has been appalling! A couple of weeks ago, she wore a block top and black and white skirt that made her hips look twice as wide as they likel are. Many of the styles have made her look like an escaped Stepford wife. (Simon was dead-on there!) And it seems like they don't even make an effort with her hair.

I just don't get it. She looked much cuter before she got the stylist!

First off...I want Bo to win. But with that being said.....I MUST BE DEAF! I actually thought that Carrie did a great job on that 2nd song!! But I have read on here, over and over, that everyone thought she was bad. True, she did slow it down a bit and made it more country-sounding....but I thought she was FANTASTIC!

Just my $0.02 worth...
    kitty-cats rule!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by leeinsmyrna
    First off...I want Bo to win. But with that being said.....I MUST BE DEAF! I actually thought that Carrie did a great job on that 2nd song!! But I have read on here, over and over, that everyone thought she was bad. True, she did slow it down a bit and made it more country-sounding....but I thought she was FANTASTIC!

Just my $0.02 worth...
    I totally agree. Nevertheless, I've got a bad feeling about tonight. The hate for Carrie on some of the other idol boards is astounding. Carrie rocks!

First of all I thought both of her songs last night were very good. I taped the show and listened to all of the performances a second time and I thought she made the second song her own. In previous seasons that would of been a thumbs up. She has such a smooth sound to her voice and the scale that she is able to achieve is very good. I wish she would get more praise for that

Quote Originally Posted by felix
    I totally agree. Nevertheless, I've got a bad feeling about tonight. The hate for Carrie on some of the other idol boards is astounding. Carrie rocks!
    I am saddened & very astonished by the hate for this young lady. The backlash she has received is not warranted. She is my favorite but I wouldn't be surprised to see her leave tonight, & I guess I would be somewhat relieved. Then she could just get on with the recording contract that is waiting & not be saddled with the Idol Title. But, having said that if she leaves, Bo will win this thing by perhaps the largest margin ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Remus Lupin
    To be fair, John Denver really came into the spotlight when he reached his 30's. Carrie is only 21 and has lots of time to develop that emotional connection. Besides, many singers display more "soul" when singing songs they wrote themselves, not when covering the hits of others.
    I was around when John Denver came on the scene, but I'm sure by the time I heard him on the radio (and most others) he had been at it quite a while, and had lots of experience under his belt. I still love his music.

I don't see how people can compare professional singers, who have had a lot of grooming before we ever hear of them, to the contestants we see on AI. Most idols are still pretty raw...and I like that. It's nice to see them before producers, stylists, ect. get their hands on them.

+ Reply to Thread