+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 424 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by Aota Bass
    On her own merits, though, I thought she was definitely one of the better performances of the past 2 nights.
    In my opinion she was not just one of the better performances - I would say that she gave the BEST performance of the past 2 nights. I hope she will keep it up.

The people who dump on her remind me of a friend in high school (I'm dating myself here) who always would say how lousy a hockey player Wayne Gretzky was.

She was excellent , and she will go far. I am just starting to see the famous "Miss Gray foreshadowing" though Be so good that eventually you get dropped because people will think that everyone is voting for you anyway. This season also offers a lot of variety to the "usual AI", and even though this girl is supposed to be country, she is still a better fit to the "usual AI" than many of my other favorites, so I do not even know if I really wish for her to be in the finals. I would like to see something different this year. No sappy songs, and if Carrie would win it would most likely be a sappy ballad they would release.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

i think shes absolutely amazing!!!! im totally rooting for her!

<333.. J

Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    Casrrie is really talented, and knows how to really sing a song. I like her confidence (on stage) and love the tone of her voice. She's a natural, and it shows. I thought she was excellent last night.
    I agree. She seems like a natural.

I'm a little disappointed that some are purposely not voting for her because of what Simon or the perceived opinion of the judges think. A little caddy in my opinion. I don't think anyone can argue that she doesn't have a good voice. I generally don't vote but I felt compelled to due to other's purposely not voting. It would be a shame if she didn't make it just to spite Simon. But hey, what do I know, it's just my opinion....
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Leo
    Premium Member
    Is it the girl's fault that Simon likes her (and not in the way he likes Amanda Avila, apparently)? Don't hold it against her.

Best one of the night, easily. I wonder, though, how she'll do with faster, more upbeat material.

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    I agree. She seems like a natural.

I'm a little disappointed that some are purposely not voting for her because of what Simon or the perceived opinion of the judges think. A little caddy in my opinion. I don't think anyone can argue that she doesn't have a good voice. I generally don't vote but I felt compelled to due to other's purposely not voting. It would be a shame if she didn't make it just to spite Simon. But hey, what do I know, it's just my opinion....

There is part of me that hopes she doesn't make it through. I think she would absolutely rule in the country music industry. I would hate to think that a show like this would ruin her style. She's been heard and has convinced Simon she's worthy so I think she'll be okay.

Then again, I thought we'd have heard from LaToya by now, but it hasn't happened yet.

winning definitely wouldn't ruin her style. Look @ Kelly, she's rockish. Look @ ruben, he went Gospel. Josh Gracin and Carmen Rasmussen are country. they can't FORCE her to go a certain genre, theyll work with whats best for her and her voice.

as for LaToya, i was watching an idols where are they now thing on tv guide channel and they said shes been spending all this time writing and recording her album, and shes taking her time because she wants it to be just right now just popped out. i cant wait, i think she was great

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Carrie didn't waste a whole lot of energy applauding anyone elses performacne last night.
    I couldn't help but notice that on the rare occasions she did start clapping, she was invariably the first to stop.

Perhaps she's just not very demonstrative that way.
    I like to see the contestants give each other some support though.
    I kept noticing some blonde girl wearing a green shirt who didn't clap like everyone else during the guys' competition night. It really stood out. Was that her??? I didn't realize the AI girls were in the audience, and I didn't look that closely at her.

Anyway, I thought she did the best out of the girls last night.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I agree that she is overrated and a little boring IMO. She is a safe choice, though... and will definitely be that last girl standing judging by Simon's reaction to her. I wish no harm on her, as she has talent and is a cute girl.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Carrie didn't waste a whole lot of energy applauding anyone elses performacne last night.
    I couldn't help but notice that on the rare occasions she did start clapping, she was invariably the first to stop.

Perhaps she's just not very demonstrative that way.
    I like to see the contestants give each other some support though.
    I totally noticed that too. I like to see a lovefest among contestants as well.

+ Reply to Thread