+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 420 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115165 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

She has stepped out of the box to do all kinds of music, but that doesnt mean she can "pull it off" well. I still think country music is her niche.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002
    She has stepped out of the box to do all kinds of music, but that doesnt mean she can "pull it off" well. I still think country music is her niche.
    If that was directed to me, don't get me wrong I also think Country music is her niche. I think she has pulled off the other styles & I think people don't give her credit for it. Just look at the increased internet searches & downloads for songs such as Alone after Carrie sang them.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Lex, I understand what you are saying, but when you listen to a cd or the radio, you don't see them on stage performing. Don't get me wrong, she certainly can use some stage presence lessons, but her voice is what got her where she is.
    Actually, I have listened to Carrie several times with my eyes closed, and she still sounds disconnected from the lyrics. She has a beautiful voice, which can be very loud at times, but she might as well be singing the music scales.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002
    That's disappointing, because I was hoping Bo would win.
    don't get too disappointed, angelic_one. Just because Randy thinks that at this point in time (or at any point in time, actually) doesn't mean that that's what the voters are going to decide. It's not up to Randy.

And chicagoholic, I don't think Ruben was universally appealing because he was R&B all the way. That's just as big of a niche market as country music. Same with Fantasia. I don't enjoy her style of music at all, and as you can see on the boards... that was quite a common opinion.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex
    Once again Carrie escapes the bottom with lackluster performances. Simon called Scott houdini? I think that title belongs to Carrie.

But, that's my opinion.
    Yes it is and you're not entitled to one.
    Carrie is my favorite and I hope to see her win. If not, she'll still do fine and maybe even better if she DOESN'T win.For the last couple of years it seems that the voters have gotten it wrong and America corrects it later. Whether Carrie or Bo win, the other one will do well, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    And chicagoholic, I don't think Ruben was universally appealing because he was R&B all the way. That's just as big of a niche market as country music. Same with Fantasia. I don't enjoy her style of music at all, and as you can see on the boards... that was quite a common opinion.
    Okay, Ruben is a double-platinum recording artist--and that's with an album that has both pop and hip-hop. That's "universal" enough for me.

And, yes, Fantasia blew her appearance on AI this year, but she thrilled a lot of us with her singing last year when she beat out the more "universal" (and boring) Diana DeGarmo. Fantasia won the competition, so she must have some universal appeal. Is Bo universal? Is Constantine? Is Nadia? Perhaps not, but that's okay with me. It's better to be "non-universal" than boring.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    No matter what Carrie sings, I always hear country. Maybe it's the inflections.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Anya | Kata | Aimee so into you's Avatar
    I say you go 2nd.
    beauty is only skin deep.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay
    No matter what Carrie sings, I always hear country. Maybe it's the inflections.
    I don't. I hardly hear country at all.

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    I don't either. Especially when she sang Heart and Pat Benatar - I didn't hear any country twang.

+ Reply to Thread