+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 425 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114164 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 4246
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

  1. #631
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963
    Quote Originally Posted by WakkaDakka
    What's universally appealing about Fantasia? I listened to her sing on the show this year & she was awful.
    Exactly. And Ruben? Was he universally appealing? I think not.

    Carrie may lean towards country music, but she's certainly proven that she has the voice for all genres. She's definitely has the potential to be just as universally appealing as Kelly.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

  2. #632
    FORT Regular chicagoholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by SoccerMom
    On GoodDay LA this morning, Randy was being interviewed by Simon's girlfriend (Terry) and he said that he thinks the next American Idol might be a girl. Hmmmmm.....
    And to think this season was to be all about the boys. Not that I'm complaining though, I want Carrie to win as well.

    Also can I ask why people think Fantasia and Ruben aren't universally appealing?

  3. #633
    Lex
    Lex is offline
    Up, up and away! Lex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    1,514
    Once again Carrie escapes the bottom with lackluster performances. Simon called Scott houdini? I think that title belongs to Carrie.

    But, that's my opinion.

  4. #634
    FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    hangin' with the girls drinking Cosmos
    Posts
    7,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex
    Once again Carrie escapes the bottom with lackluster performances. Simon called Scott houdini? I think that title belongs to Carrie.

    But, that's my opinion.
    Her performances may be lackluster, but her voice is absolutely amazing. She appeals to a lot of people as the "girl next door/girl I'd like my son to be dating". JMO
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

  5. #635
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Same here, Muduh. I think Carrie was actually quite delicate, when necessary, in her second song last night.

    And I, too, think this season is so much better than last. Last year there were the diva females -vs- the inadequate men. Boring, boring, boring. This year we have so much more diversity in style and less *crap.*
    The last performance by Carrie was of a gentle heartfelt love song. It was the type of performance required & I was shocked to hear Simon say it was robotic. Some of her other performances could have been given that assesment, but I think this is what was required on that particular song. Someone said it earlier, this song was much more suited to a female singer than Rascal Flats & I loved it.

  6. #636
    Fort Regular angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,593
    Quote Originally Posted by SoccerMom
    On GoodDay LA this morning, Randy was being interviewed by Simon's girlfriend (Terry) and he said that he thinks the next American Idol might be a girl. Hmmmmm.....
    That's disappointing, because I was hoping Bo would win.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

  7. #637
    FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    hangin' with the girls drinking Cosmos
    Posts
    7,759
    Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002
    That's disappointing, because I was hoping Bo would win.

    Angelic, whoever comes in second will definitely get a contract (and sometimes coming in second is better than winning) I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see them as the final 2 standing.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

  8. #638
    Lex
    Lex is offline
    Up, up and away! Lex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    1,514
    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Her performances may be lackluster, but her voice is absolutely amazing. She appeals to a lot of people as the "girl next door/girl I'd like my son to be dating". JMO
    I will grudgingly admit that Carrie is vocally talented, but I don't find her voice very interesting. Combine that with lackluster performances and she leaves me with a "blah" feeling.

    I still think that the only way I will ever enjoy her is just her and a guitar with no background vocals/instruments.

  9. #639
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,503
    Quote Originally Posted by WakkaDakka
    What's universally appealing about Fantasia? I listened to her sing on the show this year & she was awful.
    Try Baby Mama if you truly want a wake up call.
    Carrie has now sang Elvis, Pat Benatar, Heart, & Linda Ronstadt & she did well on all of them & yet she is still "Only a Country Singer". Truly amazing! She is the one person on this show that has stepped out of the box more often than any other. She has gotten more out of her comfort zone & showed other sides more often yet she is still discarded as a one trick pony. I don't get it.

  10. #640
    FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    hangin' with the girls drinking Cosmos
    Posts
    7,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex
    I will grudgingly admit that Carrie is vocally talented, but I don't find her voice very interesting. Combine that with lackluster performances and she leaves me with a "blah" feeling.

    I still think that the only way I will ever enjoy her is just her and a guitar with no background vocals/instruments.
    Lex, I understand what you are saying, but when you listen to a cd or the radio, you don't see them on stage performing. Don't get me wrong, she certainly can use some stage presence lessons, but her voice is what got her where she is.

    Side note: I'm not picking an argument, just simply stating something.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.