+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 423 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113163 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Fogey
    Carrie's first performance last night was my favorite EVER! This girl proves over and over again that she is The American Idol.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    I agree with these sentiments & I must say I just have never understood the claims of her having no personality. She is simply a singer first, who by the way has had no formal training, & a performer last. She comes from a Country background where it is pretty much anathema to roll around on the stage, scream your way through a song, throw in a few yeah yeah yeahs, & just generally Get Ugly. If that is what passes for having a personality I hope she never gets one. Just sing for me Carrie!!!
    Would that be a private party are can we come too? I totally agree with you. I wouldn't like for her to get too "citified" if all the histrionics and acrobatics are a part of it. That unnecessary yelling and flying all over the stage is distracting. Just sing, hon, and you'll do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    That unnecessary yelling and flying all over the stage is distracting. Just sing, hon, and you'll do just fine.
    For me, Carrie yells a little too much with those glory notes. Emotional expression doesn't have to be loud. Some of the most emotional songs recorded have been sung softly.

I thought Carrie showed personality last night while doing the intro to her first song. I love her lip movement in regards to the KING

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    For me, Carrie yells a little too much with those glory notes. Emotional expression doesn't have to be loud. Some of the most emotional songs recorded have been sung softly.
    But to me, she never actually leaves the song behind. She is still on track. When I compare her to the girls last year, she is just so much more enjoyable than some of them were. I still feel that this is the best year yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    But to me, she never actually leaves the song behind. She is still on track. When I compare her to the girls last year, she is just so much more enjoyable than some of them were. I still feel that this is the best year yet.
    Same here, Muduh. I think Carrie was actually quite delicate, when necessary, in her second song last night.

And I, too, think this season is so much better than last. Last year there were the diva females -vs- the inadequate men. Boring, boring, boring. This year we have so much more diversity in style and less *crap.*
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Carrie has a wonderful voice and has been consistently good in the competition, I hope she makes it to the final2, preferably winning, but I think that'll go to Bo.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I think an American Idol needs to be a little bit more universal in appeal that just being a country music expert. Hopefully, Bo will win because of that. Carrie does have talent, but she is more 'one-track'.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Regular
    On GoodDay LA this morning, Randy was being interviewed by Simon's girlfriend (Terry) and he said that he thinks the next American Idol might be a girl. Hmmmmm.....

I think an American Idol needs to be a little bit more universal in appeal that just being a country music expert.
    What's universally appealing about Fantasia? I listened to her sing on the show this year & she was awful.

+ Reply to Thread