+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 423 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112162 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by rilond
    Carrie is a very cute/pretty girl. However, she is not the total American Idol. She should have gone on the Nashville Country/Western Idol show. Even the young 18-year olf girl that won that competition was simply great. She had the voice, charisma, style (the total package).
    Who is the TOTAL American Idol? We haven't had one in any of the other Idol shows, why would this year be different? Have we actually had an Idol that you would want your kids to pattern themselves after? That is what I think of as being an idol, and so far, there haven't been any. This is a fun singing competition but idol, hardly. It's just a catchy title for the show. And up to this point, Carrie fits the title as well, if not better than anyone who has been on the show.
    Last edited by Muduh; 05-04-2005 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wisgalb
    You really think that Carrie belongs in the bottom 2 this week? I thought she did an amazing job
    No way does she belong in the bottom two. I enjoyed her first song tremendously. The second song, I wish she had picked something else, but she was better than Rascal Flatts. Only Bo was better last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    Who is the TOTAL American Idol? We haven't had one in any of the other Idol shows, why would this year be different? Have we actually had an Idol that you would want your kids to pattern themselves after? That is what I think of as being an idol, and so far, there haven't been any. This is a fun singing competition but idol, hardly. It's just a catchy title for the show. And up to this point, Carrie fits the title as well, if not better than anyone who has been on the show.
    Agreed, Muduh. I do believe this is a singing competition and the title is just that, a title.

I think Carrie fits the american idol idea. She is wholesome, sweet, has a great talent, what else should she be? Just because she is more in the "country" vein I don't think that dismisses her from being an "idol". I certainly wouldn't classify idols as the ones ie Brittany, christina and some who are basically glorified sluts. Not to meantion some of the men who are just skanky. I like that this show actually attempts to bring out some folks who actually have talent, then combine it with performance, personality, and style to complete the package of "american idol"

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    I feel like the only person in America who doesn't care for her. I find her to be vapid.
    Hey dvm!!! You are definitely not the only one that thinks that way. I like your choice of words...she is not bad in the least. I even liked her 1st song, even though it did not suit her at all.
    She is just dullsville.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

What's in your CD player right now? N/A Boring

What's your favorite type of music? N/A Boring again

If you donít make it on AMERICAN IDOL, what will you do?
    I will go back to school and finish. She should

What album would your friends be surprised you own?
    George Michael.If he is your favorite male pop artist why would your friends be surprised you owned it?

Who is your AMERICAN IDOL?
    My mommie.She still calls her Mommie?

Do you have any rituals or things you do each time before you perform?
    No. No? Boring

Favorite male pop artist?
    George Michael. Surprise surprise

Favorite female pop artist?
    Kelly.Kelly who?

What has been your proudest moment in life so far?
    N/AAnother "n/a" ... how boring

What is your definition of an AMERICAN IDOL?
    Someone who is nice, talented, and deserves it. Nice doesn't always cut it

Who is your favorite judge and why?
    Randy. He called me "dawg".He calls everyone that.

What would people be surprised to learn about you?
    I can't buy underwear. I nicknamed her Carrie Underwear, now I know why.

How has this changed your life?
    It's made me appreciate my family more.She already said her Mommie is her idol/hero/underwear buyer... what is she appreciating more?

Do you have any lucky charms?
    Fuzzy Wuzzy (the bear).Oh boy...grow up

Who are your heroes in life?
    My mother.Surprise again

What's been your toughest obstacle in life?
    I haven't experienced one yet.None? Boring.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

Seems like she is freaked out by being famous, and doesn't want to share her personal thoughts.

... or she is really vapid.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic
    Seems like she is freaked out by being famous, and doesn't want to share her personal thoughts.

That's what I think Toxic. Let's not forget that she is from a small town in Oklahoma. Regardless....I personally think she has a terrific voice
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

In reference to her "non-answers" on her bio...I think that there is a side to her that is kind of humorous. Maybe I am giving her too much credit because I am a Carrie fan. But, I think that she has more of a sense of humor than is apparent on footage from the show. We have to remember that we can only know so much from the short time we see her on a reality tv program.

However, I don't know her personally so I can't really attest to her personality or whether or not she has one.

I do think it is funny that she wouldn't take that as an opportunity to let fans get to know her. It is the one opportunity that they have to express themselves "uncut," where producers can't edit it to their liking. Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Understood
    I think Carrie fits the american idol idea. She is wholesome, sweet, has a great talent, what else should she be? Just because she is more in the "country" vein I don't think that dismisses her from being an "idol". I certainly wouldn't classify idols as the ones ie Brittany, christina and some who are basically glorified sluts. Not to meantion some of the men who are just skanky. I like that this show actually attempts to bring out some folks who actually have talent, then combine it with performance, personality, and style to complete the package of "american idol"
    I agree with these sentiments & I must say I just have never understood the claims of her having no personality. She is simply a singer first, who by the way has had no formal training, & a performer last. She comes from a Country background where it is pretty much anathema to roll around on the stage, scream your way through a song, throw in a few yeah yeah yeahs, & just generally Get Ugly. If that is what passes for having a personality I hope she never gets one. Just sing for me Carrie!!!

+ Reply to Thread