+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 425 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111161 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

I'm surprised that Carrie didn't get slammed for her song choice last night. I don't think we've ever seen a bigger mismatch between the Singer and the Song.

Trouble
    If you're looking for trouble
    You came to the right place
    If you're looking for trouble
    Just look right in my face
    I was born standing up
    And talking back
    My daddy was a green-eyed mountain jack
    Because I'm evil, my middle name is misery
    Well I'm evil, so don't you mess around with me

I'm evil, evil, evil, as can be
    I'm evil, evil, evil, as can be
    So don't mess around, don't mess around, don't mess around with me

I might have liked it better if I hadn't found it so damn laughable. To quote Simon from a few weeks back: "It was a bit like watching a kitten who wants to be a tiger."

She's starting to remind me of Carolyn Kepcher. And that's not helping my already unreasonable dislike of her.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    I might have liked it better if I hadn't found it so damn laughable. To quote Simon from a few weeks back: "It was a bit like watching a kitten who wants to be a tiger."
    Ditto. I had a feeling I was watching a very very good impersonation. "Evil" and "Carrie" just do not mix all that well . But she was alright otherwise.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I feel like the only person in America who doesn't care for her. I find her to be vapid.

Does anyone know where Carrie bought her skirt? (The black one with the sparkles, that she wore during the second song).

I know they showed it on The View during a fashion segment last week but I can't remember where it was from.

I thought that she did a very good job last night. She appeared to be having a great time. She has a cute personality to go along with a great voice. Whether Carrie wins AI or not, she probably has a bright future.

Quote Originally Posted by laura000
    Does anyone know where Carrie bought her skirt? (The black one with the sparkles, that she wore during the second song).

I know they showed it on The View during a fashion segment last week but I can't remember where it was from.
    Laura,

If you go to abc's website and then click on The View... under Recaps they'll tell you where all of the clothing was from. I think I just looked at that yesterday.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by laura000

I remember one of the guest hosts wearing that same skirt a week or so ago. Remember, she sat where Elizabeth usually sits and the sequins kept glittering in the lights? It is really pretty and looks nice with that simple black top. Carrie looked pretty in it.

FORT Regular
    Carrie is a very cute/pretty girl. However, she is not the total American Idol. She should have gone on the Nashville Country/Western Idol show. Even the young 18-year olf girl that won that competition was simply great. She had the voice, charisma, style (the total package).

I thought Carrie and Vonzell were the best performers last night. Even though the words to the first song didn't suit her personality she sang the hell out of it. She also sang the second song very well. IT was very different from Rascall Flats version of it and I loved it.

Carrie has a lot to work on to polish her "star" image; however, she, Bo and Vonzell are the only remaining contestants that truly have what it takes.

+ Reply to Thread