+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 426 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109159 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    Sure, but it doesn't mean it will turn out good. Some people can do this, but most sound best in 1 particular style.

and to me, this is what separates the extremely talented from the good singers
    Praise seitan!

This girl was a favorite of mine and then ? just too stiff! She is not a good performer. It's like a drop dead gorgeous person wanting to be a top model but, doesn't know how to get a good picture out.

She's young and will obviously go places with her talent but, IMO she has a lot of work ahead of her. Just not a "natural".

Simon was "spot on" with his Stepford/Barbie comment.

The girl can sing though.

I hope she does better so I feel like really rooting for someone since Nadia's
    too early departure.
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

And your bird can sing! Strangelove's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kariann1
    Yes, Carrie needs to work on relating to her audience and feeling more emotion. I am sure, with all the comments made about this that she IS working on it. I loved Carrie with the guitar. That is the most relaxed she has been all season long! She does play the guitar in her band.
    Heh, I was just second guessing because, you know, it is American Idol. It's good to know that not everything is put on by the producers. I'll admit she's very cute with a guitar at the very least, regardless of her chops.

Lex
    I thought it was cool that she was playing guitar for the group song last week. That had been something I was hoping she would do. But, I had trouble singling her out of all the other stuff going on in the song (Bo and his guitar, other singers, other intstruments, etc).

I would like to hear Carrie do a song that is just her voice and her guitar skills. No background singers and no back-up band. Just her and the guitar. I would really like to hear that. Nothing else Carrie has done has caught my interest, but I would definately be interested in a song with just her and her guitar.

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar
    carrie needs to pull something BIG out of the bag for these upcoming weeks or she's gonna sink
    Praise seitan!

carrie needs to pull something BIG out of the bag for these upcoming weeks or she's gonna sink
    I wonder if Bo's got any coke he can loan her?

I thought Carrie did pretty good this week performance wise. She was relaxed, happy, and in her element. Country is what she does best, and I hope she sticks to it from now on. It is more fun to watch this show when a contestant is happy/comfortable with what she/he does (just look at Anthony, half of his appeal singing ballads is his apparent happiness singing that type of songs).
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    I thought Carrie did pretty good this week performance wise. She was relaxed, happy, and in her element. Country is what she does best, and I hope she sticks to it from now on. It is more fun to watch this show when a contestant is happy/comfortable with what she/he does (just look at Anthony, half of his appeal singing ballads is his apparent happiness singing that type of songs).
    I agree totally with your statements. I just don't understand the sentiment that she is in trouble, although after Connies untimely demise last week I guess any thing is possible.

Lex
    Was anyone else surprised that Carrie wasn't in the Bottom 3 this week? Yeah, I guess it was just me.

I thought she sang better than she did during the last two weeks, but I still didn't like it.

Lex,
    I had predicted, Carrie, Constantine & Anthony for the bottom 3.

I figured Anthony would go. Carrie has a gift, no doubt. Maybe when she is a little older she can use it. Right now, IMO she stinks!! Gorgeous yes. But, a terrible performer. Really awful IMO.

She'll go far if she wants to tho (I think so anyway) just needs some help and to grow up a little)

Your not the only one.
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

+ Reply to Thread