+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 423 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108158 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by Strangelove
    Ms. Underwood also has the nice all-american girl next door image going for her. I'd like to believe that she's the sweet person her appearance suggests, but I clearly remember her being an absolute b*tch to that ditzy Elizabeth girl during group auditions.
    Can't say I remember this, what did she do to Elizabeth?

FORT Fanatic

Ms. Underwood also has the nice all-american girl next door image going for her. I'd like to believe that she's the sweet person her appearance suggests, but I clearly remember her being an absolute b*tch to that ditzy Elizabeth girl during group auditions.
    that was another carrie. last name started with a "Z". it wasn't carrie underwood. but again she "Z" was blonde like underwood so its easy to mistaken her with "U".

but yeah different girl.

*edited*

it was carrie zaruba.
    Last edited by bell; 04-24-2005 at 06:23 PM. Reason: figured out other carrie

And your bird can sing! Strangelove's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bell
    that was another carrie. last name started with a "Z". it wasn't carrie underwood. but again she "Z" was blonde like underwood so its easy to mistaken her with "U".

but yeah different girl.

*edited*

it was carrie zaruba.
    Oh great. Thanks for clearing that up.

I find Carrie extremely bland to tell the truth. She definitely has the voice, but her singing doesn't really do it for me. Music is all about feel and emotion, with technical prowess somewhat secondary. Technically Carrie gets praise from me. She can hit her notes and her voice is nice. But the intangibles that seperate greats from talents are severely missing from Carrie. For example, my favourite Carrie performance was "Alone" by Heart. Carrie looked right into the camera, held her mic up, and sang her notes. Where was the power, the emotion, the feel? I could just imagine Nadia killing with that song.

And who's brillant idea was it to give her that guitar? It didn't look like she could even play a simple chord on that Tennessee flat-top box.
    It was another Carrie altogether that was, as you call her, a b*tch to that Elizabeth girl. Carrie Zaruba (or something like that) I believe. Sorry I guess somebody already answered this, but here is confirmation anyway.

I find Carrie extremely bland to tell the truth. She definitely has the voice, but her singing doesn't really do it for me. Music is all about feel and emotion, with technical prowess somewhat secondary. Technically Carrie gets praise from me. She can hit her notes and her voice is nice. But the intangibles that seperate greats from talents are severely missing from Carrie. For example, my favourite Carrie performance was "Alone" by Heart. Carrie looked right into the camera, held her mic up, and sang her notes. Where was the power, the emotion, the feel? I could just imagine Nadia killing with that song.

And who's brillant idea was it to give her that guitar? It didn't look like she could even play a simple chord on that Tennessee flat-top box.
    Yes, Carrie needs to work on relating to her audience and feeling more emotion. I am sure, with all the comments made about this that she IS working on it. I loved Carrie with the guitar. That is the most relaxed she has been all season long! She does play the guitar in her band.

Funniest thing was they had the repeat of the Saturday Night Live with Kelly Clarkson this weekend. Carrie is just like Kelly. Kelly has an amazing voice and I love her songs, but still doesn't have the best stage presence. Carrie just needs to grow a bit and feel more comfortable.
    "To be is to do"--Socrates.
    "To do is to be"--Jean-Paul Sartre.
    "Do be do be do"--Frank Sinatra

I'm the queen of misspelling

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    I think Carrie is very talented, but I don't think she is quite on the level of Kelly's voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy in SD
    Most welcome.
    To Bubblebunny, kariann, everyone who commented on Carrie looking more comfortable with the guitar I agree. I don't think either one of them got to show off much guitar virtuosity on that song, but I don't think the AI folks wanted them to either. But I would love to hear a Bo-Carrie duet either on CD or in the tour concerts.
    I think we wil get our wish for a Carrie/Bo duet. They seem to be genuine friends and I can easily imagine them performing a duet on their Cds.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    She has a great voice & as someone stated on one of these threads country musicians are more noted for entertaining & not performing & this is the style that Carrie is more familiar with. When she gets into the studio does anyone really think her producers are going to say Ok Carrie now we want you to sing a little Disco & follow it up with a big old Broadway tune. That is the problem with these theme nights, all these contestants are asked to sing something they have probably never encountered & most likely never will again. Let them be who they are for cryin out loud!
    Ditto for Bo.

Bo Bice Sings his Favorite Showtunes - that CD wouldn't even sell to his biggest fans.

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar
    i don't think it's a matter of singing another style of music. you can take anything and turn it into your own. fantasia is living proof of that. she did country, big band and tons of other stuff and turned it into her own style each week. they're just trying to see who can make the cut and who can't. a talented artist will be able to make ANY genre work
    Praise seitan!

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondBase
    i don't think it's a matter of singing another style of music. you can take anything and turn it into your own.
    Sure, but it doesn't mean it will turn out good. Some people can do this, but most sound best in 1 particular style.

+ Reply to Thread