+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 423 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107157 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Leo
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    Is it me or do her Wednesday night results show outfits seem more stylish and befitting than her Tuesday night perforamce outfits? Maybe whoever's coaching her on what to wear should switch the days around.
    I think it's because it seems like they're trying to match her performance outfits with the song, something which doesn't really work with Carrie. On Wednesday, they're just thinking of making her look good.

Sandy in SD, Thanks for the screenshots. Good stuff!!

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleBunny
    She had a guitar!!!! Yay!!!! I hope that she continues using her guitar in her career after the show. (And she will have a career.) Did anyone else notice how good Carrie and Bo sounded together? They have to have a duet at least after the show! I think the reason Carrie looks better during results shows is because the contestants spend most of their "spending money" on Tuesday night attire. So she probably pick less expensive, more simple clothes for Wednesday, not realizing she looks much better in them.
    I totally agree with you. I told my husband after they were finished singing that Bo and Carrie need to do a duet together. It was fabulous. And, I thought she looked so much more relaxed with the guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    I wonder how much of Carrie's lack of stage prescence (in some people's opinion) has to do with her lack of an instrument so far. It's not a whole lot to go on, but she looked very comfortable - the most comfortable I've ever seen her so far - last night during the group performance.
    Yes, we have been discussing this for weeks! Right, Razorbacker? The same thing with Bo holding the mic stand. It is like they need something to hold on to. Now, I have heard this about Constantine but he does not include playing a guitar in his Bio.

Personally, I enjoyed the group song! They all seemed more relaxed and I am sure there are close friendships being formed.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    Sandy in SD, Thanks for the screenshots. Good stuff!!
    Most welcome.
    To Bubblebunny, kariann, everyone who commented on Carrie looking more comfortable with the guitar I agree. I don't think either one of them got to show off much guitar virtuosity on that song, but I don't think the AI folks wanted them to either. But I would love to hear a Bo-Carrie duet either on CD or in the tour concerts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy in SD
    Most welcome.
    To Bubblebunny, kariann, everyone who commented on Carrie looking more comfortable with the guitar I agree. I don't think either one of them got to show off much guitar virtuosity on that song, but I don't think the AI folks wanted them to either. But I would love to hear a Bo-Carrie duet either on CD or in the tour concerts.
    Carrie is most definitely in her element when she has the guitar to hold on to. She looked very comfortable & at ease. Carrie was the first to admit last week she wasn't going to do well with the whole dance music theme. She stated flat out that she hasn't had any "clubbing" experience in Oklahoma & it really does show in her performances. But, at least she doesn't try to be something she isn't. She has a great voice & as someone stated on one of these threads country musicians are more noted for entertaining & not performing & this is the style that Carrie is more familiar with. When she gets into the studio does anyone really think her producers are going to say Ok Carrie now we want you to sing a little Disco & follow it up with a big old Broadway tune. That is the problem with these theme nights, all these contestants are asked to sing something they have probably never encountered & most likely never will again. Let them be who they are for cryin out loud!

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    I think it's because it seems like they're trying to match her performance outfits with the song, something which doesn't really work with Carrie. On Wednesday, they're just thinking of making her look good.
    I thought I heard that while they provide them money, they don't pick the outfits, the contestants do?

I loved Carrie on the results show performance, she was very natural.
    Mario Vazquez - Still My American Idol

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danny
    I loved Carrie on the results show performance, she was very natural.
    I agree, she looked very comfortable. I just figured out who she reminds me of. A cross between Reese Witherspoon and Jon Benet Ramsey.

And your bird can sing! Strangelove's Avatar
    I find Carrie extremely bland to tell the truth. She definitely has the voice, but her singing doesn't really do it for me. Music is all about feel and emotion, with technical prowess somewhat secondary. Technically Carrie gets praise from me. She can hit her notes and her voice is nice. But the intangibles that seperate greats from talents are severely missing from Carrie. For example, my favourite Carrie performance was "Alone" by Heart. Carrie looked right into the camera, held her mic up, and sang her notes. Where was the power, the emotion, the feel? I could just imagine Nadia killing with that song.

Ms. Underwood also has the nice all-american girl next door image going for her. I'd like to believe that she's the sweet person her appearance suggests, but I clearly remember her being an absolute b*tch to that ditzy Elizabeth girl during group auditions.

And who's brillant idea was it to give her that guitar? It didn't look like she could even play a simple chord on that Tennessee flat-top box.

+ Reply to Thread