+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 420 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    I don't think Clay has been the most successful Idol alum, either. But, this thread isn't about Clay. It's about Carrie, and my opinion is that, at this point, Carrie could let out a huge belch in the middle of her performance, and the judges would find a way to make it the greatest thing since sliced bread...
    I bet she would at least belch in tune & look pretty hot doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by WakkaDakka
    Simon is being awful hard on her for the way she dresses lately. Do you think he is trying to convey to her that eventhough she has the best voice in the competition she needs to start looking like the American Idol?
    I'm thinking Simon's not being too subtle about wanting to see Carrie in some of the teeny weeny skimpy outfits that Nadia wore.

Simon's got a crush.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    I don't know how many of you are old enough to remember the 70's, but the dress that Carrie was wearing looked like the garb we wore then. Pathetic, huh?
    I have heard her sing better, but then that's true for most of the others too. Carrie is still my #1 choice, followed by Scott.
    I'm definitely old enough, but I'm not sure how much of it I remember, if you know what I mean. Southern California in the 70's was the place to be. Peace!

FORT Fanatic

Agree

Quote Originally Posted by cabernetCally
    I agree Felix.

The song while it appears to have meaningless lyrics demonstrated the vocal range and power of her instrument (beautiful voice). She attempted to dress in the era which cost her the comment from Simon. I think my response to it would be "so lets stop with this stupid theme crud and let us sing what I want to!"

She can be taught dance and stage showmanship. ( her parents seem to have spent the money on her voice.. shame on them) . She has a beautiful face and the rest will come with some help. She has confidence in her singing abilities and that is huge.

Also remember that Bo and Constantine have had YEARS of practice developing their stage presence. Frankly I'm tired of them swinging that micraphone around on stage..it is distracting.
    I agree - I liked Bo so much at first. I'm just sick and tired of him now with that awful hair swinging around and his convulsions with the microphone. He does have an awesome voice, but he's driving me bonkers. Constanine, has grown more then Bo I think. Bo just stays the same - however, Constantine and his making love to the Camera with his double chin - well he just doesn't do it for me.

I think if people started closing their eyes and just listening - they would appreciate Carrie more.

Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin
    I think if people started closing their eyes and just listening - they would appreciate Carrie more.
    I agree. I listen to music far more than i watch music. I'd much rather have a good singer than a good performer any day of the week.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I agree. I listen to music far more than i watch music.
    I always close my eyes when I'm watching American Idol because I listen to most of my music instead of watching it!

Carrie has got the most pure voice in the whole competition & she ain't half bad to look at either!

Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin
    Actually, if someone doesn't connect with the song or cannot transfer their emotions to the song, you'll hear it even without watching.

If I didn't close my eyes half the time when watching American Idol, the only sound I (or my wife and children) would hear would be my smarmy, sarcastic comments concerning Constantine and Anthony's excessive need to try to be Mr. Casanova every time a camera comes within 50 feet of them...if this is what people call "connecting with the audience," then consider me thoroughly queasy with a bitter aftertaste of cheese...

Dancing Close To The Edge BusyMom4Boys's Avatar
    Exactly, Nemo.

Carrie has a lovely, pure voice. And she is certainly a beuatiful girl. However, she has zip stage presence, zero charisma. And worse yet, I have yet to see her make an emotional connection to a song. A talented artist tells a tale through their music. Just singing the lyrics is not enough.

She might sound "pretty"-- and she'd make a lovely albums of hypnotic lullabies. But, I'll pass. zzzzzz...

BusyMom-

I agree 100%! Carrie sings without emotion, and it is sooooo boring.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

+ Reply to Thread