+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 423 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Lex
    Quote Originally Posted by felix
    Carrie's vocals were excellent. I think what threw you off was her stage movements. Even I must admit they were somewhat stilted. Carrie is my favourite but stage prescence is admitedly not her strongest suit.
    It wasn't just her uncomfortable-looking stage movements. I thought her singing was really, really bad. In my opinion, there was nothing good about that performance.

I do see tons of potential in her, but she was horrible that night.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by AI Junky
    And JPL played guitar.
    That's right...I completely forgot about that one!!! It was a great tour...I can't wait for this years!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fan
    Just out of curiosity, are they any trained vocalists or musicians reading this board? If so, what do you guys think of Carrie?

Quote Originally Posted by felix
    Just out of curiosity, are they any trained vocalists or musicians reading this board? If so, what do you guys think of Carrie?
    WHAT????? Are you telling me that these 500 Posts are just common opinions that carry no more weight than yours or mine? Well heck, I thought I WAS reading professional opinions.
    There is always someone who carries the brunt of the negative comments. It seems to be Carrie this year. That doesn't change our feelings though. I'm still pulling for Carrie and think that she's the best Idol still standing. Her performance last week was really good and she looked as cute as a button. I'm hoping that she stays till the end.

Quote Originally Posted by bell
    i thought this was interesting. article in mtv about last nights show. dont just stop and get all excited on the surprise performance section, scroll down to the guest judge part. i thought that was cool, didn't expect that.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/150...headlines=true
    Thanks for sharing that; I wouldn't have expected Fantasia to be a huge Carrie fan, either, but it's nice that she is!

Lex
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    There is always someone who carries the brunt of the negative comments. It seems to be Carrie this year.
    "Brunt of the begative comments?" Carrie? Have you see all the negative stuff people have been saying about Scott? But, maybe because I'm a Scott fan, I just notice the negativity towards him more than the negativity towards the other contestants.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex
    "Brunt of the begative comments?" Carrie? Have you see all the negative stuff people have been saying about Scott? But, maybe because I'm a Scott fan, I just notice the negativity towards him more than the negativity towards the other contestants.
    I think the difference is that Scott has more or less earned them with his negative attitude & his general surleyness. Whereas, Carrie has done nothing but sing & has been the target of negativity mostly because of comments made by Simon.

FORT Fogey
    Voices like Carrie's don't come around very often in life. She was born with an abundance of talent and a golden tone to her voice that cannot be learned from a coach.

The best voice should win. The best voice belongs to Carrie Underwood.

FORT Regular
    It's kind of sad that a lot of people like to bash Carrie because "Simon is shoving her down our throats." Well I sort of know what people feel because the last 2 years it was all about Ruben and Fantasia. I couldn't stand either one of them. I liked Carrie the first time I saw her so it's my turn now to have Simon shove it down other people's throats. Carrie is truly talented. And I do think Simon is right, I do think she will be more successful than any other Idol winner (remember people, Clay wasn't a winner)!!!

I don't think Clay has been the most successful Idol alum, either. But, this thread isn't about Clay. It's about Carrie, and my opinion is that, at this point, Carrie could let out a huge belch in the middle of her performance, and the judges would find a way to make it the greatest thing since sliced bread...

+ Reply to Thread