+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 423 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex
    Personally, I thought she sang horribly last week. Just awful! I was seriously shocked that she wasn't in the Bottom 3.
    Carrie's vocals were excellent. I think what threw you off was her stage movements. Even I must admit they were somewhat stilted. Carrie is my favourite but stage prescence is admitedly not her strongest suit.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    While I don't expect to see them use their instruments during the show I can see it happening during the tour. I think it would be really nice to see some guitar duets & such. I think the audience would eat it up.
    This happened last year on tour...Jasmine played the piano during an Alicia Keys number. She was great at it too!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

And JPL played guitar.
    Currently looking for a pressure-less and expectation-free zone zone

My Corner of the Web

And we continue to hear the "Carrie has no emotion or feeling in her performances". I think we are to the point to where Carrie could walk on stage, douse herself with lighter fluid, set it on fire, & sing I'm On Fire by Bruce Springsteen & there would be those that still say she just doesn't connect with her songs.

Razorbacker, that was one of the funnier posts I've read on here. Thanks for the laugh.

FORT Fogey
    While I don't expect to see them use their instruments during the show I can see it happening during the tour. I think it would be really nice to see some guitar duets & such. I think the audience would eat it up.
    Such a thing took place in Canadian Idol 2 at the top 6 results show and the audience (both live and at home) loved it. It was arguably the best group performance in Idol history, of any edition of Idol.

There's a clip of it here if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex
    Personally, I thought she sang horribly last week. Just awful! I was seriously shocked that she wasn't in the Bottom 3.
    I disagree, I thought she rocked. And she looked better than ever. I give her a ton of credit for stepping outside her comfort zone and trying to grow her style.

Quote Originally Posted by Remus Lupin
    Such a thing took place in Canadian Idol 2 at the top 6 results show and the audience (both live and at home) loved it. It was arguably the best group performance in Idol history, of any edition of Idol.

Thank you for this information! So, my dream sequence is not so outrageous as I thought. If Carrie, Constantine, and Bo make it to the TOP THREE we might have the pleasure of seeing them perform in [i]their[i] element. That would be fantastic!

I don't believe any of the others play an instrument, do they?

Quote Originally Posted by Remus Lupin

Wow, that was great! Anyone clicking on the site, go to Top 6 Group 19/04 and listen to the Canadian idols sing "Canadian Railroad Trilogy" with Gordon Lightfoot looking on. The second half of the song was especially fantastic! Thanks for sharing the site, Remus Lupin.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    For me, it was the fact that Simon's comment about her winning was downright belittling to every other contestant in the competition (and there were still quite a few competitors at the time he said that).

In addition, he was quoted in a February article as saying the rest were just a bunch of untalented wannabees, and he went on to insult 2 previous AI winners too.
    http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlf...idol%20winners

So, to me he sounds close-minded (he's not gonna consider anyone else) AND egotistical (he really believes he can actually fully judge a person based on a couple 2-minute samples). What a dope.
    I kind of doubt that those comments are true. They originated in the gossip section of the New York Post if I recall correctly..which isn't known for providing accurate information.

Besides even if it is true, which I don't think it is, it doesn't sound like he's talking about Carrie. The article mentions a Missouri country and western singer (Carrie is from Oklahoma). Or perhaps they have the information about where she's from wrong, in which case, it gives you an idea of their reliability.

SkinLover.WildLover. BlondeHottie69's Avatar
    CARRIE ROCKS! I mean she really did. I miss two weeks and Bo drops, Constantine climbs and carrie rocked. She was awesome. She looked the best she ever has. Her hair was great. The song was good too. Its shows that she can do it all.

Go Carrie!

sara

+ Reply to Thread