+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 424 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Lex
    Quote Originally Posted by jcboltfan
    The same people who bash her for her stage presense probably also wouldn't like Kelly, Jewel, Alanis or any other performer who's voice/music is the key to their success, not the stage show/music a la Madonna, Janet Jackson, Britney Spears, etc....
    I love Jewel (mostly her stuff from the 90's) and Alanis and other artists that are more music than show. And I can recognize that Carrie is more music than show too, but unfortunately I still don't like her. I don't know enough abot music to put a finger on what I dislike, I just know that I don't enjoy Carrie's singing and performances. But, I think that boils down to my personal tastes.

I'd love to hear what most of Carrie's fans hear when they listen to her.

Quote Originally Posted by jcboltfan
    The same people who bash her for her stage presense probably also wouldn't like Kelly, Jewel, Alanis or any other performer who's voice/music is the key to their success, not the stage show/music a la Madonna, Janet Jackson, Britney Spears, etc....
    I love Jewel and I like Alanis as well 'cause they can adapt their emotions to their performances. I'm not after Britney kind of performances, I just want Carrie to show some emotions! And actually I don't care about what she's doing on stage but her lack of emotions also effects to her singing, there's not so much nuances in her voice. She just leaves me completely cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex
    I agree music is personal taste and if you're turned off by the performer its hard to get past that bias, but to me (and I will date myself with some of these singers) Carrie reminds me of a cross between Olivia Newton John, Leanne Rimes and Trishia Yearwood. I think she has the potential to step it up to a Faith Hill or Jewel style of singer with more cross-over appeal. I look(ed) forward to hers, Nadia's and Vonzell's performances each week because they are each unique female singers and I like each of their styles a lot. I just think Carrie has the stronger voice of the three, though Vonzell blew me away with "I Have Nothing".

FORT Fan
    I've heard that Carrie passed out after this weeks performance. Her temperature was up.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by felix
    I've heard that Carrie passed out after this weeks performance. Her temperature was up.

Humm that may not bode well

awww...i hope she gets better soon! she's freaking amazing (vocally)

Quote Originally Posted by Lex
    I love Jewel (mostly her stuff from the 90's) and Alanis and other artists that are more music than show. And I can recognize that Carrie is more music than show too, but unfortunately I still don't like her. I don't know enough abot music to put a finger on what I dislike, I just know that I don't enjoy Carrie's singing and performances. But, I think that boils down to my personal tastes.

I guess what I hear mostly when I listen to Carrie is a beautifully natural voice. She has admitted to having no previous training so everything you hear is self taught or as some may say it is a gift. That is why I believe her upside potential is so great. Just wait until she gets into the studio & has vocal coaches & someone that can help her with phrasing & such. People have voiced that her performance skills aren't what they should be, but she has improved with each week & that may be due in large part to the availability of coaches that are able to point out various aspects that she needs to concentrate on. I firmly believe that her future is limitless. And I must say that it is my opinion that the judges, especially Simon, noticed this early on, you could see it in their eyes at her first audition when she left them almost speechless with I Can't Make You Love Me.

FORT Fan
    I've noticed an large number of anti-carrie threads on the other boards. More than is the norm. Hmm...do people really dislike Carrie so much?

The thing is a great deal of my friends (in fact a large number of the public) favor Carrie as a winner. She has an attractive image, a good voice and...massive marketing potential.

Still why the hate? Is it the favouritism from Simon? Frontrunner backlash?

While I understand we all have our favourites. This dislike is quite disturbing.

What do you guys think?

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by felix
    Still why the hate? Is it the favouritism from Simon? Frontrunner backlash?
    first of all want to say she's my favorite along with bo and vonzell, constantine is creeping up my list...so these 4 are my final 4 hoping it'll be carrie & any other of the 3.

but to answer your question:

the favoritism from simon is one. especially when he said she'll outsell all other AI winners. he has been pimping her before the show aired saying this blonde country girl is his fave to win.

also, she is the good all-american girl type that some people just hate. plus she sings country and there are so many of hates that genre (to be honest i think kelly has more twang than carrie..hmm...wait all texans have stronger twangs )

another is her "boring" performances, deer caught in the headlight look, that she doesn't show facial emotion, or emote emotion into her singing, she just stands there, etc.

i don't understand all the hate but lots of people are so nitpicky they'll just take on anything.

she's just one of those you'll either love her or hate her. like we can love and hate other contestants as well.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by bell
    another is her "boring" performances, deer caught in the headlight look, that she doesn't show facial emotion, or emote emotion into her singing, she just stands there, etc.
    No expression? Deer in the headlights look? A lot of singers do that. Surely if a singer looks pretty and sounds great, that should satisfy most audiences.

Despite the virotile on other boards, I suspect a great majority of the populace supports Carrie. Evidence. Carrie has never been in the bottom 3 and she is in the head of the polls taken so far.

+ Reply to Thread