+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 423 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696146 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    She doesn't need to do country, but she needs to be herself. She is, in fact, a little like Trenyce was, protected by an impenetrable glass wall around her. She could sing rock, and do it her style, and do it well, but she was clearly trying to channel something she was not. That is why she gets negative reviews. That was a very fake performance she gave (but at least I got to laugh a couple times at her "tough chick" act ). She just misunderstood Simon's critique about her being boring. I was expecting her to show up in some mermaid dress (revealing more skin than covering) this week because I was quite sure that she would not get the critique the right way. And I was right, she thought that her being boring means that she should be something she is not (although she did not come to stage in a mermaid dress, but instead performed like a mermaid on dry land).

To stop being boring/ridiculous, all Carrie would need to do is to put her soul into the song, pour everything she has into it, and she would be great (one review suggested Carrie to remember Fantasia's Summertime, and that is a good example of how a singer and a song become one just by the singer being herself). Carrie needs to quit being a robot, and quit being so self conscious. This week she was a rock robot instead of a country robot, and it was a disaster as a performance (although her vocals were ok).

Carrie tries way too hard to give the judges what they want. Vocals aren't her biggest problem. She is obviously a good singer, but just doesn't connect with the song most of the time. The only performance of hers that I truly enjoyed was the week 1 show when she did the Tiffany song. It wasn't a country song, but she "made it her own" and looked and sounded comfortable singing it. Most of the time since, she hasn't looked or sounded comfortable. Nadia may have been too secure in who she is to go far in AI, but Carrie could take a lesson there. Be yourself.

FORT Regular
    I really do not think that we have to worry or be conerned by Carrie. Simon has set the stage for her. This was done before the show started. He claimed her the winner. Simon knew the fan base for country/western music. Simon wantd either a rock or country/western music American Idol. I think he will get just that.

I personally don't think that Carrie has that much stage presense,charisma and not even a good singing voice.. But, she will end up being one of the top two. Just mark my word. Her fan base will be ages 12 - 70. You will find the 12, 13, 14, 15, etc yr-old voting 50 and 60 times. Thst id why she has never been in the bottom three. She is a little arrogant about it. It's beginning to show on her face.

it pains me that carrie is still around and nadia isn't...with that said..can i just say that i wasn't sure weather to laugh hysterically or stare in disblief with carrie's lame pat benatar performance. that goat-like interpretation of the song was terrible. though...she got the terrible dance moves from that 1984 video down right...no that wasn't a compliment...that was horrid dancing by a pregnant pat way back when they ruined the rockin' pat! (hey pat's child must be carrie's age! yikes) tough chick...um, okay...

can i have a number to vote her off the show?

Quote Originally Posted by Addict
    it pains me that carrie is still around and nadia isn't...with that said..can i just say that i wasn't sure weather to laugh hysterically or stare in disblief with carrie's lame pat benatar performance. that goat-like interpretation of the song was terrible. though...she got the terrible dance moves from that 1984 video down right...no that wasn't a compliment...that was horrid dancing by a pregnant pat way back when they ruined the rockin' pat! (hey pat's child must be carrie's age! yikes) tough chick...um, okay...

can i have a number to vote her off the show?
    She is sooooooooo overrated & too over confident! I wish she'd go home too! There is nothing that makes her stand out vocally. If she wins she will blend in with everyone else on the radio. She's not unique, she acts rather dense & I bet she's as flaky as grandma's homemade pie crust!

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan
    ...she acts rather dense & I bet she's as flaky as grandma's homemade pie crust!

Ah the Carrie haters are out in force today I see. I just have to say that this whole " She doesn't feel the song issue" is most confusing to me. Since you have never sat in her place you really can't tell what she feels or doesn't feel. Maybe the correct way to state it would be "She just doesn't feel the song the way I want her to feel the song". Now maybe that I would buy into. We seem to be getting into the territory where everone elses favorites are dropping so since there is no way to praise them anymore lets just go dump on Carrie. Sad, sadder, saddest.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    Ah the Carrie haters are out in force today I see. I just have to say that this whole " She doesn't feel the song issue" is most confusing to me. Since you have never sat in her place you really can't tell what she feels or doesn't feel. Maybe the correct way to state it would be "She just doesn't feel the song the way I want her to feel the song". Now maybe that I would buy into. We seem to be getting into the territory where everone elses favorites are dropping so since there is no way to praise them anymore lets just go dump on Carrie. Sad, sadder, saddest.
    You aren't the only one who is confused. I'm trying to figure out what a goat like performance is and if I've ever seen one, or would I recognize one if I did see it. Apparently you and I aren't the only ones who think Carrie is very good. Many voters seem to have the same opinion.
    Like a lot of the other I don't think Simon does the contestants any favor by selecting a winner (in his mind) before the thing even starts. Since the end result will not depend on him in the least, he needs to just stay neutral.

one word...B O R I N G
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    You aren't the only one who is confused. I'm trying to figure out what a goat like performance is and if I've ever seen one, or would I recognize one if I did see it. Apparently you and I aren't the only ones who think Carrie is very good. Many voters seem to have the same opinion.
    Like a lot of the other I don't think Simon does the contestants any favor by selecting a winner (in his mind) before the thing even starts. Since the end result will not depend on him in the least, he needs to just stay neutral.
    I obviously can't speak to the authenticity of the following, but there were 2 separate people on another board that posted the vote totals for the East Coast this week. Now how they got the numbers I don't know, but they both had the same thing. Nadia was last Scott was the second lowest & Bo was third. Interestingly enough they listed the percentages & Nadia had 5.5% while Carrie was at 38.9%. If that is true it is truly astounding that out of 8 people one would get better than a third of all the votes.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Carrie has a great voice and a huge fan base who are looking for a particular type of song most weeks.....what she sung last week was a bit out of her element...a poor (very forgettable) song choice and yet she did well...had she picked this later in the competition it might not have worked.....

+ Reply to Thread