+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 423 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595145 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    As has been pointed out several times though, the runner ups seem to do very well, so maybe that's what Carrie's position should be. I wish the best for her.
    I think Carrie is a front runner to win the whole thing, but I have no doubt, just like with Tamyra, Simon is signing her no matter what the outcome.
    He has been way too vocal with touting her as his favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    I personally think Carrie did a great job last night. They complain that she is always too country, so she goes out of her box and what does she get....criticism for not being true to her roots MAKE UP YOUR MINDS!!!!! She looked beautiful and sounded great. She also moved around a lot more and connected with the audience. Sure she forgot a few words, but she covered that up nicely.

Great post...they tell them all the time they need to take chances...Carrie did (and I personally thought she did a good job) and then Randy said he isn't crazy about "Rocker Carrie"....so which is it, take chances or stay true to your roots??

They seem to want different and then complain about it when they give it to them quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by JonasGrumby
    Carrie, if you're reading this, please sing "My Last Breath" by Evanescence. That would rock!!!! And would definitely win you the whole competition!
    Ooooo...That WOULD be great!!! I love that song anyway.

Was anyone else even more impressed with Carrie after we found out she has been sick?
    Last edited by nemanomine; 04-14-2005 at 02:19 AM. Reason: to avoid double posting ;)

FORT Fanatic
    i thought this was interesting. article in mtv about last nights show. dont just stop and get all excited on the surprise performance section, scroll down to the guest judge part. i thought that was cool, didn't expect that.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/150...headlines=true

Did anyone notice the hug that Carrie gave Bo last night?

Leo
    Premium Member
    I have to agree that Carrie is suffering from a major case of judging whiplash. Make up their minds - do they want to see Carrie stick to country, or try expanding a little?

I thought she gave a great performance & I liked the rockin' Carrie edition. I couldn't believe she gave that performance & she was sick! When Ryan talked to her last night you could hear how stopped up she was.

Carrie & Connie are the only ones left who haven't been in the bottom 3 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    I have to agree that Carrie is suffering from a major case of judging whiplash. Make up their minds - do they want to see Carrie stick to country, or try expanding a little?
    She doesn't need to do country, but she needs to be herself. She is, in fact, a little like Trenyce was, protected by an impenetrable glass wall around her. She could sing rock, and do it her style, and do it well, but she was clearly trying to channel something she was not. That is why she gets negative reviews. That was a very fake performance she gave (but at least I got to laugh a couple times at her "tough chick" act ). She just misunderstood Simon's critique about her being boring. I was expecting her to show up in some mermaid dress (revealing more skin than covering) this week because I was quite sure that she would not get the critique the right way. And I was right, she thought that her being boring means that she should be something she is not (although she did not come to stage in a mermaid dress, but instead performed like a mermaid on dry land).

To stop being boring/ridiculous, all Carrie would need to do is to put her soul into the song, pour everything she has into it, and she would be great (one review suggested Carrie to remember Fantasia's Summertime, and that is a good example of how a singer and a song become one just by the singer being herself). Carrie needs to quit being a robot, and quit being so self conscious. This week she was a rock robot instead of a country robot, and it was a disaster as a performance (although her vocals were ok).
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar
    tackling pat benetar was a tough feat for her and she did better than any of the others would have and then some! although i don't think it was an amazing performance, it surely wasn't a "wanna be" performance as simon dubbed it. carrie is no doubt going to be this year's winner of american idol.
    Praise seitan!

I thought that when the group sang "When you tell me that you love me" last night, Carrie completely ruined the last line......

+ Reply to Thread