+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 425 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494144 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

You get what you vote for Y2Kevbug11's Avatar
    What a bomb last night.

And what the HELL was that thing she did at the end of the song? That little move?

Lex
    I don't like to be too negative towards the contestants, but I thought Carrie's performance last night was horrible. It was just... yuck! I want her to go this week.

Why should she go just because she had one sub-par performance? Even a poor Carrie performance is better than whatever Scott Savol can barf up, and better than the cheesy Telethon crooning of Anwar. Carrie can sing, and deserves to stay on the show beyond the whims of fans who want someone voted off just because of a song choice. Same goes for Nadia. She's a fantastic performer -- if you don't like the song she sang, what; she shouldn't have a record contract? Lame.

The dance moves Carrie had going on were vintage Benatar I thought she did good, and I haven't been impressed with a Carrie perfomance since she did that Tiffany song.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

First things first...

Carrie's performance was NOT sub-par...rather it was a girl who is continually growing in her performance skills. I love to sing karaoke, but put me up on a stage with more than ten people in the crowd and fewer than 4 beers in my system, and I stand stock still, hand in my pocket. Carrie moved around, had fun with the song, and did EVERYTHING that has been asked of her...change up her song choices...show some personality...move around the stage...all of these criticisms people had, she freakin' did and still so many people have the audacity to bad-mouth a sweet girl trying to achieve her dreams...

This girl has what it takes. If anything, she's improving, stretching, and growing...all at the same time staying true to her core and her beliefs...

I may not like certain contestants, but I am not going to crticize these people for doing what I only wish I had the talent to do.

Carrie...you rock! And you have my vote (and I am not even from the South...)

Carrie is continually compared in performance skills to an early Kelly Clarkson. I for one can't turn on my radio without hearing Kelly at least 2 or 3 times. The funny thing is I never think about watching her I just listen to her voice & think that girl can sing. Carrie is headed in the same direction & she will have a good career when this is all over. The person that suggested that Carrie was sub par & should go home tonight has never had a positive word for her.

i'm not the biggest Carrie fan, but she was good last night, i thought it was her second best performance right behind "Alone" i really liked it and i could see her winning this competition

FORT Fogey
    I loved her performance even with the few flaws that it had. It showed she had versatility and a fire within. Rock on Carrie!

I think that Carrie is the best one there. Last night wasn't her best effort, but it was better than most everyone elses. She may not win this contest but so what? Just because people sit around dialing four or five phones for two hours doesn't mean that the person they are dialing for is the best of the show. I want Carrie to win but not badly enough to sit with a phone in my hand for two hours.
    I wish there could be a more fair way of voting so that the best in the competition actually came away with the win. I'm not sure that's happened yet and it may not this time. As has been pointed out several times though, the runner ups seem to do very well, so maybe that's what Carrie's position should be. I wish the best for her.

Carrie, if you're reading this, please sing "My Last Breath" by Evanescence. That would rock!!!! And would definitely win you the whole competition!

+ Reply to Thread